0.0 Mining operation. by Coylter - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page 0.0 Mining operation.
Coylter
VeteranXV
Old
1 - 09-01-2005, 12:02
We are trying to get a 0.0 mining op rolling for tonight but i want to know who would be up for it.

We need at least 10 people. 1 Person has to scout in a ****ty ship ( check for gate camping ) and we need people to cover miners ass. This is very risky but the money is there. Sign up here if youd be willing to come.

Sponsored Links
MrMeikel
VeteranX
Old
2 - 09-01-2005, 12:37
when i have my osprey (16 hours) i will be happy to come along

happy... and scared

Boomer_941
VeteranXV
Old
3 - 09-01-2005, 13:13
i can bring my osprey (~1000 units of visc pyro per min ) but i'll be pissed if i loose this ship since i have about 10k ISK to my name right now :[

Fatman
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 09-01-2005, 13:22
i might be but i have very little money and my iteron only holds about 5600m3

If i lose either my miner or my hauler i would be in real bad shape.

If we had some decent cover I would definatly be interested.

I have an iteron mk2 and a malius frigate outfitted with 2 miner 1's and 3 mining drones. It's not the fastest miner out there but it does pretty good.

Last edited by Fatman; 09-01-2005 at 13:29..
BEAST420
VeteranXV
Old
5 - 09-01-2005, 13:25
Hmmm let me check my schedule.

ViRGE
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 09-01-2005, 13:39
I can come in my Osprey(1000 ore units/minute) or my BlackBird(EW), though I doubt the latter would be needed. I suppose just about anyone here could also get a cheap frig and be our scout. What time are we wanting to do this?

NAT Mav
TW Racing++
Old
7 - 09-01-2005, 13:54
I might be interested if we scout out the belts in advance and know exactly where we are going, exactly what we are mining, and exactly where we are selling it. There's a good chance this will fail, and an even greater chance if we don't have everything planned out precisely.

I could bring my 4 laser destroyer out for it. It's pretty much expendable. I won't have any defenses on it, and I figure if we get attacked they wouldn't be much help anyways.

Coylter
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 09-01-2005, 14:11
Im scouting 0.0 right now, i have a pretty safe route, im just trying to find minerals. Oh and while were mining there are some rats worth 1million and more...

MrMeikel
VeteranX
Old
9 - 09-01-2005, 14:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViRGE
I can come in my Osprey(1000 ore units/minute) or my BlackBird(EW), though I doubt the latter would be needed. I suppose just about anyone here could also get a cheap frig and be our scout. What time are we wanting to do this?
:o how you getting 1000/min... and what are ore units? m3?

Coylter
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 09-01-2005, 15:08
The plan

We meet at Bar X - Moon 2 @ 11pm ( east ). Time where those euro sleep.
We need a list of every ship we can have for tonight.

Last edited by Coylter; 09-01-2005 at 15:10..
Evasi0n
VeteranX
Old
11 - 09-01-2005, 16:19
Sorry, horrible plan.

A) Any large blob that shows up on the map in a 0.0 system is an INSTANT beacon for pirates who are most likely roaming around in ships that would assrape you. 10-man blob in an out of the way 0.0 system means a mining op 9/10 times, and any pirate worth his **** knows this.

B) You're flying directly into alliance space, specifically The Five. On top of that, Scalding Pass is currently a warzone between them and RUS. You can be sure that they will know about your mining op quite quickly, and won't be pleased at all about it.

C) Lastly, logistics. Quite often people think "OMG RARE ORE" and forget about the extra time that such ore takes. Unless you have access to a POS, your haulers will most likely have to make several jumps to the nearest station (and if this system is already a jump or two away from a station, you can bet your ass that someone will find you within a few minutes) just to refine the ore. If you can get 10 runs of scordite in the time it takes to get one of crokite, you're better off in 1.0 mining.

Your best bet is to sit tight in empire space until you form the corporation and then join a 0.0 alliance. Going to 0.0 ahead of time will most likely not be worth it.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page 0.0 Mining operation.

Social Website Bullshit