Don't mess with people real lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
forums being block from outsiders is a double edged sword. Though it conceals what goes on here, it conceals what goes on here. We won't get new blood in here and it will eventually kill the forum. I don't like outsiders raping our bandwidth for the forum and for the pr0n links we put up, but it is important to allow others to see as a passive form of advertising.

I go to another website where I've met people on there IRL and some of them have info about who I am and where I'm from. I definitely temper what I post there because of it...

i think as a whole we as the internet community are trying to avoid the reality that the internet is not longer the anonymous playground it once was. It still can be and is in a lot of cases but as a whole we work, live, and play around the internet much more than ever before. The internet is what defines many many people and helps shape who they are "in real life". Increasingly the internet is real life.

Our forum and others are the extension of a time since past when the internet was just used for a lil fun and a lil info then you left it and spent the majority of your life doing something else. Increasingly we as a internet society and culture look for ways to bring the internet into everything we do. More devices can get to the internet then ever before, internet access is very widely available and we start integrating our hobbies and personal life into the internet by using the internet as a means to host our photography, communicate to organizations we are involved in (sports teams, churches, clubs), etc.

All this and in many more ways, we use the internet and the internet becomes much more a part of our lives. There is a point where it no longer makes sense to keep up multiple identities or personalities and we start to represent ourselves as who we really are. Internet personas aren't going away anytime soon, but I think that we are starting to see the effects of them dwindling and it is a scary picture of a reality that we aren't ready to face.

This is unchartered territory to be sure. Would I have fucked with the myspace whore if I met her at a party and learned her secret, then spread it to all her friends? No, I wouldn't have. There is still something about the medium that is the internet that allows us to be more or less of a person that we would "normally" be. In a way it is a glimpse to who we would be in a world without consequences, but then I think that is a good mirror for us to use as a tool to make adjustments in our lives we may not had ever known to make.

I think we should all step back and think more about who we want to be. Not who we are IRL or who we pretend to be on the internets, but who we strive to be. Be THAT person IRL. Be THAT person on the internets. If we all do that, then these situations will either not happen or will be able to be resolved with a natural societal process, rather then having to have an admin dictate our morals.

gibsonic. out.

Last edited:
Baby Bew said:
gibsonic thinks hes a big e-star because he fucked with the myspace chick

its funny cuz it just makes him look like even more of a fag

especially considering he brings it up half the time he posts it seems

SO YEA I WAS EATING STAEK AND THINKING ABOT THAT TIME I FUCKED WITH A GIRL ON THE EWEB LOL I OWNED HER GOOD

almost as good is his attempt at a philosophical post on this page :lol:

GigaFool said:
its funny cuz it just makes him look like even more of a fag

especially considering he brings it up half the time he posts it seems

SO YEA I WAS EATING STAEK AND THINKING ABOT THAT TIME I FUCKED WITH A GIRL ON THE EWEB LOL I OWNED HER GOOD

almost as good is his attempt at a philosophical post on this page :lol:

yeah, b/c you have some kind of room to talk. :lol:

i only mention it when it is relevent to the conversation...such as now. We are talking about fucking with people's real lives. I fucked with her real life. It's relevent. I know it must be hard to understand for a person like you that is completely irrelevent.

holy crap will you shut up about that myspace girl

1) you're not funny in any way

2) you're a fag

3) for all you know the whore was a guy

4) you're really a fag

just shut the fuck up about it jesus

yes

we're all close on here. there's a lot of people that have my cell #, know where i live, etc

we need to respect each other's lives, its the same with your real life friends

TwiztiD said:
holy crap will you shut up about that myspace girl

dot.gif

I think this is just common sense...why are people asking stupid questions? Is TW a place where people can whine and bitch about thier lives or, like giga used to do, say nigger all the time without losing ones job? If you cant deal with it here by bickering dont get RL pissed and try to ruin a persons life...its stupid. Like vlasic I have never said where I work though I am sure it could be found if someone want to hurt me bad enough but isnt just calling me a stupid moron enough? To be honest, I never get upset when TW used to go after people like WCOTC or Flame for cash morons becaus I figure its community service but scewing members of this forum around is just moronic and I have been pissed about what some people say here and never once even considered trying to report it to their work or families or what not...

I like the fact that people can say what they want here and bicker and fight but in the end, unless they go to far, we are all stuck with each other and forced to deal with each others bullshit HERE, not IRL...oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back