Straight out the trailer thread

When my wife was pregnant we only had one car so I’d leave it with her and I rode the klr every day. Right through December, January, etc. sometimes I’d open the door from the house and feel so stupid walking through crunchy snow and getting on a motorcycle. But that bike never let me down and it did what it had to when I really needed it most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a similar stint on a KLR. Commuted through an Oregon winter. I don't really like all the plastic crap they threw on the newer models. Maybe they will do a throwback to the "marine" model. That would be cool.

I don’t think there’s a future for single cylinder dual sports, unfortunately. I love how mine sounds exactly like my friends log splitter.

Would be much better with a lower first gear and an extra highway gear. Definitely messed up the styling on the new ones. Might be aftermarket un-ugly kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I woke up 1 morning in November n it had been snowing despite the weatherman saying that there was no chance of snow so I had to ride my R6 back to my family's house to pick up my Land Rover. Usually the ride took 10-15 minutes. That day it took 3 hours. Was fucking terrifying.

I woke up 1 morning in November n it had been snowing despite the weatherman saying that there was no chance of snow so I had to ride my R6 back to my family's house to pick up my Land Rover. Usually the ride took 10-15 minutes. That day it took 3 hours. Was fucking terrifying.

I used to love going to this out in CO. Didn't race, just watched. Good times.

I dont have any pictures but I did an exhaust fan + 2 ceiling fans. It's setup so that exhaust fan is always automated through a humidistat switch so there's no way to turn on/off - it just come on at 50% humidity.

The two ceiling fans are also wired to the humidistat and have a wall switch that's either auto/on. So the auto is on the same humidistat the exhaust fan is but the fans have the option to be turned 'on' manually.

There's also a motion sensor light switch that is on a wall switch set to auto/on so if youre just walking through, the lights come on/off automatic but if you're doing something in one spot, the lights would turn off, so now they can be set to just 'on' if youre spending a lot of time working on something.

I figured if its hot/low humidity you'd want to be able to turn the ceiling fans on without the exhaust fan turning on.

There's a small window AC unit but its grossly undersized + the garage has no insulation. It's probably like a 200-300sq ft unit. At mid day it's hopeless but drops a few degrees in the morning/night and chills it a little bit.

The reason for all the fan stuff is there's no ventilation into the garage. It's just a sealed up hot box with no roof soffets or eves.

The concrete walls had turned very black and there was mold growing on the underside of the plywood roof.

My neighbor had the same garage and had let the roof get so bad that it collapsed inside itself and pushed the walls out and eventually completely failed. I'm hoping the fans will help keep the structure dried out and extend the life for many many years.

And yes, I did think of a dehumidifier but it's not much more cost for fans + it creates a bit of a breeze and moves the hot air off the underside of the roof.

Last edited:
41-CF014-C-B3-FD-4-A26-A9-D7-C9-B4-EC785336.jpg

Gotta admit I lost my shit when I saw that, it's a beautiful thing.

The thought of you doing electrical work is quite horrifying though, stick to the interior decorating and filing cabinets bro

Is that Mt. Shasta? The clouds obscure the peak so it makes it difficult to identify. Could be Fuji, maybe.

Back