Simple and easy fish recipes?

hyung

Veteran XX
I do not like cooking fish cuz it doesn't hold as well in the fridge like other meats but I am gonna try 2 start cooking fish. U guys gave a lot of good ideas in the chicken thread. What simple/easy fish recipes do u guys use?

One I did last night was awesome and tasty.

I made a laksa soup using laksa paste fried off in cocoa butter, and then added coconut milk and chicken stock (fish stock would have been better, but I didn't have any). I then poached the fish fillets in the barely simmering laksa soup for 10 minutes and they came out perfectly moist and flavoursome.

Its something I will definitely be doing again.

Another alternative is to heat a frying pan on a low/medium heat, add a thin layer of good grapeseed oil or cocoa butter and fry the fish, the key is to keep an eye on how the fish is cooking through and only flip once (like a steak) when the fish is half cooked through, flip and cook for a minute or so less than it took the first side. Finish the fried fish off with lemon juice and enjoy.

There's lots of things, what are you after specifically, healthy, tasty or what? If you are after healthy, then go with tuna or salmon steaks (the oilier the fish, the healthier it is) and bake the steaks/fillets wrapped in aluminium foil in the oven with some lemon slices and a little salt. Frying them is the best way to go if you don't mind the added oils, similar to the steps above only salmon and tuna should be seared remaining raw in the middle. If you want healthy and tasty then my laksa poaching is ideal (if you are a low carber) if you want just flat out tasty, breading and deep fry is the way to go.

One I did last night was awesome and tasty.

I made a laksa soup using laksa paste fried off in cocoa butter, and then added coconut milk and chicken stock (fish stock would have been better, but I didn't have any). I then poached the fish fillets in the barely simmering laksa soup for 10 minutes and they came out perfectly moist and flavoursome.

Its something I will definitely be doing again.

Another alternative is to heat a frying pan on a low/medium heat, add a thin layer of good grapeseed oil or cocoa butter and fry the fish, the key is to keep an eye on how the fish is cooking through and only flip once (like a steak) when the fish is half cooked through, flip and cook for a minute or so less than it took the first side. Finish the fried fish off with lemon juice and enjoy.

There's lots of things, what are you after specifically, healthy, tasty or what? If you are after healthy, then go with tuna or salmon steaks (the oilier the fish, the healthier it is) and bake the steaks/fillets wrapped in aluminium foil in the oven with some lemon slices and a little salt. Frying them is the best way to go if you don't mind the added oils, similar to the steps above only salmon and tuna should be seared remaining raw in the middle. If you want healthy and tasty then my laksa poaching is ideal (if you are a low carber) if you want just flat out tasty, breading and deep fry is the way to go.

healthy for sure

how long would you recommend eating seared tuna if it is in the fridge since it wont be cooked all the way thru

i dont want to have to shop every day for groceries and stuff

i am hyung i can help u

my old salmon routine (very good and very ez for lazE like me)
buy big filet (costco filet) or get ones in pieces idc
tin foil over baking poan so no cleaning
put salmon in
season with salt pepper, lemon pepper if wanted (gud)
bake in oven for like 25min (forgot this but ez to adjust)
eat

you can also squeeze lemon juice over it, or add sriracha.

another way my friends did was just get small filets, put on foil, add lots of miso paste, wrap, oven for same time, comes out very nice though i still like sour on my salmon

man lotso f typeing i hope u learn and make gud salmon

get a pound of tilapia

put foil on a cookie sheet, hit it with Pam

rinse & dry thawed fish, place on cookie sheet

make some of this spice

slice up one yellow onion and one yellow pepper (orange works too)
put pepper & onion in bowl with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp white wine, put about a tbsp of emeril's essence in, and mix

brush the top of the fish with melted butter or margarine, coat liberally with emeril's essence

arrange peppers/onions around fish

bake at 400F for about 25-30 minutes, or until fish flakes easily

clean out pants after first bite

It ain't the tilapia, it's the peppers & onions. And yeah, I guess the ones I get are pretty thick, close to 3/4". 3 filets is a pound.

They're not burned or dry, so :shrug:

I haven't tried any Tilapia recipe but I love it so will definitely gonna try it!! but can I use Electric Fillet Knife to cut it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Links to Tribalwarrior Recipes by Rayn - TribalWar Forums has some great seafood recipes.

Here's a good one though. Baked Monkfish in tomato garlic sauce. Super easy.

1.Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large skillet, warm 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add 1 cup sliced garlic and cook slowly over very low heat, shaking the skillet, until the garlic is deep golden, 15 minutes. Remove about 1/4 cup of garlic slices to a plate and reserve. Add paprika to the garlic in the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add 1 can of crushed tomatos and cook over moderately high heat for 1 minute. Add 2 cups waterand simmer until the sauce has reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

2.In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat until browned on the bottom, 2 minutes. Turn the fish, transfer to the oven, and roast until just cooked through, 15 minutes.

3.Transfer the fish to a large, warmed platter. Pour any juices from the skillet into the sauce and simmer for 2 minutes. Spoon the sauce onto plates and set the fish on top. Scatter the fried garlic over the fish and serve right away.

I will generally take tilapia and wrap it in tinfoil. You can place fixings in it and bake it.

I'll do:
1.) Homemade salsa or pico de gayo
2.) Honey, brown sugar, cinnamon

etc.

Grilled salmon is awesome. Here's the sauce I use to both marinate and put on the fish after it's plated:

6 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp dijon mustard

Whisk briskly until it emulsifies into a wonderful brownish sauce. Marinate a couple of salmon filets in it for an hour in the fridge, saving the rest of the sauce for dinner. Grill the filets to medium rare and enjoy.

i am hyung i can help u

my old salmon routine (very good and very ez for lazE like me)
buy big filet (costco filet) or get ones in pieces idc
tin foil over baking poan so no cleaning
put salmon in
season with salt pepper, lemon pepper if wanted (gud)
bake in oven for like 25min (forgot this but ez to adjust)
eat

you can also squeeze lemon juice over it, or add sriracha.

another way my friends did was just get small filets, put on foil, add lots of miso paste, wrap, oven for same time, comes out very nice though i still like sour on my salmon

Sounds very easy.. hope it would be health and delicious..

man lotso f typeing i hope u learn and make gud salmon

Back