AMD 1800X **** smashing "all" the Intel 5960X records. by Odio - Page 11 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page AMD 1800X **** smashing "all" the Intel 5960X records.
Page 11 of 11
DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
201 - 05-23-2017, 23:46
What's ABS and STC, Precious?

Sponsored Links
Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
202 - 05-27-2017, 11:53
I ended up going with a EVGA GTX 1060 3GB for $160 because I'm a cheap **** and I don't see the need to a 1070 or 1080 at 1080p.

With that said, this system "upgrade" (all so I could move to ITX mobo) of 4790K -> 7700K and 970 -> 1060 has been fairly massive. Every game sees at least 10% increase, with some in the 40% range.

Also, my EVGA 970 sounded like a god damn jet engine taking off in taxing games. It was driving me crazy. This 1060 runs quiet and cool. The chip is clearly significantly more efficient.

p.s. Probably going to sell my 970 for at least a hundred too. Win-win all around, except not being able to get Ryzen.

p.p.s. Trying to install Win7 on NVMe drivers is a huge ****ing annoyance if the company doesn't have readily available install drivers so that you can use a CD to install drivers during Win 7 installation so that it actually recognizes the M2 drive. OCZ and Samsung both had drivers, Corsair did not. **** Corsair for not giving install drivers. I had to waste time buying it before realizing it wouldn't work without doing some sort of hassle of imaging a different Win7 install to it.

Last edited by Validuz; 05-27-2017 at 12:00..
Page 11 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page AMD 1800X **** smashing "all" the Intel 5960X records.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert