Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page I made this
Page 7 of 13
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
121 - 03-01-2017, 12:27
Yeah, I have the large harbor fright press, and it's pretty good. I've certainly used ****tier ones. What's the planetary out of?

Damn dmaul, sounds like an expensive car to run.

Sponsored Links
CERVICAL-KREMS
VeteranXV
Old
122 - 03-01-2017, 12:33
It was a 4l80e I built for my truck. I have to do another one though, so I can have a transbrake. I was too cheap the first time, which was dumb. I've never done this before, but I watched a video on youtube and did it...what a time to be alive.

Smiling Canadian
VeteranX
Old
123 - 03-01-2017, 12:34
Don't overlook pawn shops either. Once a month I take a Saturday and check out 8 or 10 different shops. The reputable shops here all offer 30 day money back guarantees.

I recently needed a new router and found a basically brand new Porter Cable 3 1/4 hp with 1/4 and 1/2 collets and a few bits for $60. I had just looked at the same router at my industrial supplier for $529.

I even bought my KTM 300xcw from a pawn shop. 2015 with 49 hours on the meter. $3400. Dealer wanted almost $10,000.

CERVICAL-KREMS
VeteranXV
Old
124 - 03-01-2017, 12:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post
What are those blocks that the hub is resting on? Are they for using presses with oddly shaped objects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Canadian View Post
Don't overlook pawn shops either. Once a month I take a Saturday and check out 8 or 10 different shops. The reputable shops here all offer 30 day money back guarantees.

I recently needed a new router and found a basically brand new Porter Cable 3 1/4 hp with 1/4 and 1/2 collets and a few bits for $60. I had just looked at the same router at my industrial supplier for $529.

I even bought my KTM 300xcw from a pawn shop. 2015 with 49 hours on the meter. $3400. Dealer wanted almost $10,000.
This, especially for general tools like circular saws, etc. Or austrian motorcycles....

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
125 - 03-01-2017, 12:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by CERVICAL-KREMS View Post
It was a 4l80e I built for my truck. I have to do another one though, so I can have a transbrake. I was too cheap the first time, which was dumb. I've never done this before, but I watched a video on youtube and did it...what a time to be alive.

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h81/rhoadizzle/20151013_215443.jpg/IMG]
[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h81/rhoadizzle/20151116_225653.jpg/IMG]

Ballsy. GJ. I remember as a kid working on my 1960 bug with manuals and a **** it, do it attitude.

Now with YouTube it isn't as risky. What a world

arsin
Veteran++
Old
126 - 03-01-2017, 13:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Canadian View Post
I know you can't have nice things because of your poor financial decisions. If you had any type of actual skill you would be able to pull yourself out of poverty but alas it seems I'll be supporting you with my tax dollars until I die. Don't be envious of those more successful than yourself.

Bet you can't wait for that guaranteed minimum income so you can stop posting from the free wifi at Wendys.
I'm not poor at all, almost a self made man. In 12-15 years we could afford to pay cash for a 7000 sq.ft. home but what the fuk would we do with 7 bedrooms and 6 baths? **** like this is for people who need ostentatious displays of wealth to make up for small dicks - or in your case - a small heart.

You inherited a business, and now you're such a precious success you're posting on the internet about a grade 10 woodworking project, and when someone calls you out for being small time you neg rep them.

I would expect better from a man with a 7000 sq.ft. home. But for someone born into wealth, I suppose you're par for the course.

Last edited by arsin; 03-01-2017 at 14:08..
GreyGhost
VeteranXX
Old
127 - 03-01-2017, 13:31
ellen needs a crate of Pamprin

arsin
Veteran++
Old
128 - 03-01-2017, 13:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance View Post
arsin you suck
I wish I had the time to do stuff like this

Yes I'm envious.

Great thread!

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
129 - 03-01-2017, 13:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsin View Post
I'm not poor at all, almost a self made man. In a few years we could afford to pay cash for a 7000 sq.ft. home but what the fuk would we do with 7 bedrooms and 6 baths? **** like this is for people who need ostentatious displays of wealth to make up for small dicks - or in your case - a small heart.

You inherited a business, and now you're such a precious success you're posting on the internet about a grade 10 woodworking project, and when someone calls you out for being small time you neg rep them.

I would expect better from a man with a 7000 sq.ft. home. But for someone born into wealth, I suppose you're par for the course.
I heard smilingcanadian welds worthless hipsters to fixed gear bicycles for fun

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
130 - 03-01-2017, 13:51
Quote:
Awesome!! I just picked one of those up last month, but it needs a lot of restoration. Yours looks great though. I was going to bring it in the house and use it to start gunsmithing. Does it have a serial plate on the right side (while facing it) of the machine? Definitely looks to be a 30s-40s model that's pretty original...that work area is almost perfect, too.
Yeah it has the serial plate. It was left out for disposal behind a lab nearby where I work. I suspect they discarded it due to the motor failing, not due to its age/condition. The motor is free but doesn't start with power. It needs additional testing. It is a 1953 (Ohio plant)

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
131 - 03-01-2017, 13:57
Quote:
I spend just as much time looking up how to do things on my phone as I do working on the car. I know I have something down when I can work on something without consulting any reference. Costs don't go down but at least my labor does as I get better + own better equipment.

The other thing is looking back and realizing "ugh i did a **** job on that" or "i should have done that differently, that was stupid". The only way you can do that is if you gain the knowledge to know better.

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
132 - 03-01-2017, 21:55
given her the D

the D kinda got everywhere

oops. not only a mouse nest but also a wasp nest. v excite.

knife sharpening stone works p gud 4 machined surfaces

stoned the surface too. can't really get all the rust out since it's lower than the milling marks. doesn't really **** w anything tho.

v nice. loosely assembled - need 2 tune it up tomorrow n order some new knives.

Last edited by KingSobieski; 03-01-2017 at 22:06..
Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
133 - 03-01-2017, 21:59
3d render that will be real soon

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
134 - 03-01-2017, 22:04
togo just doxxed/nexted himself

Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
135 - 03-01-2017, 22:06
this is supposed to be a secret yes and roxy is an attactive girl that goes to church also, yes and I've never really met her

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
136 - 03-01-2017, 22:08
can't really ruin his life anymore so no risk.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
137 - 03-02-2017, 02:11
Quote:
What are those blocks that the hub is resting on? Are they for using presses with oddly shaped objects?
Arbor plates, came with the press. Yes, they are for exactly that. Great with ball joints in control arms and steering knuckles. The rest of the parts from the top down are axle nut socket, ball joint press plate, ball joint press cup, bearing, spindle, ball joint cup. I've bent more than a few ball joint press c frames over the years, but the rest of the kit is nearly indestructible.

A ball joint set for reference. Mine came with the c frame, 2 plates, and 3 cups. I've used sections of exhaust pipe also... Usually end up crushing a few before it comes loose though.

Here's a tip for pressing bearings. Once you get the old bearing pressed out, knock the guts out of the shell and cut a relief slit in it with an angle grinder. Use it to press in the new bearing. The old shell will line up perfectly with the new bearing and the slit will allow you to remove it easily. I have a collection of junk bearing shells hanging out near the press.

Last edited by Plasmatic; 03-02-2017 at 02:20..
lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
138 - 03-02-2017, 02:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsin View Post
I'm not poor at all, almost a self made man.
new sig

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
139 - 03-02-2017, 02:28
Quote:
It was a 4l80e I built for my truck.
Yeah, I thought it looked Chevy. I haven't been into a 4L80 yet. The 60's I send to the local trans shop because they can do them in their sleep now. I've lucked out a few times and found 60's freshly rebuilt in the wrecking yards.
Post pics of your

DMAUL
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
140 - 03-02-2017, 08:46
I've replaced ball joints using one of those kits manually, lying on my back with a 6 foot breaker bar, using it like a rowing machine. Not recommended. I see why the kits you can borrow from stores are always ****ed up.

Page 7 of 13

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page I made this

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex knapik-levert