Reload this Page diablo 3
Page 433 of 620
Vampire
VeteranXV
Old
8641 - 06-26-2012, 12:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
Yeah, I only remember them saying they wanted the a1/2 drops to improve, not change 3/4.
For whatever reason someone behind the scenes thought reducing the droprates in 3/4 was a good idea to balance it out. When they released the numbers nobody had anything to compare it to, but it became pretty obvious after the fact. I'm not quite sure how they thought that was a good idea at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypnosisFX View Post
Bezzel and i just beat Hell and the drops from the boss's were crap magic ****...were are all the Rare drops?
No first time bonus past normal :\ They're supposed to add this in, but it probably won't be until 1.1 which sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootb33r View Post
Farming Act 1 is pretty useless due to drop rates; and Act 2 you need some pretty decent gear for, so... have fun with that.
I'm not sure I necessarily agree with that. One major benefit of Act 1 is everything is really compact, it's really easy to grab 5 stacks and find a ton of elites afterwards. I'm not sure the extra time needed to farm Act 2 is worth the very slightly better drops.

Seems like Act 1 and Act 3 are the big winners, Act 2 is just very open and random.

EDIT:
Quote:
their employees publicly behave like spoiled children
Bashiok really needs to be taken off the forums, period. He tried to follow up Ghostcrawler's schtick from his early WoW posting but doesn't quite get it. GC used to troll a little bit, realized it was getting out of hand, and pulled himself out of community interaction for a long time. He's back interacting a lot now with a greatly different attitude, though still lighthearted when appropriate.

Bashiok on the other hand just acts like your typical 12 year old internet denizen. It's pretty obvious how much of a negative effect he's having on the community from the types of posts that surface in every single thread he posts in now. Time for a higher up to pull the plug.

Last edited by Vampire; 06-26-2012 at 12:44..
Sponsored Links
FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
8642 - 06-26-2012, 12:45
**** post .. you obviously have no friends in the game to see that 60+% of them haven't logged in for days or a week or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosene31 View Post
The whole thing has been comical. I've had as much fun listening to the whiny people in the official forums as playing the game. (not that there aren't legit complaints).

People worshipped Blizzard like gods and it is funny to watch it crumble.

The bottom line is all the people who quit and got a refund will come crawling back when the expansion comes out, and I doubt many people who claim to have quit really have. People who make daily posts saying they quit on the official boards probably are still playing a ton every day.

Vampire
VeteranXV
Old
8643 - 06-26-2012, 12:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiEND View Post
**** post .. you obviously have no friends in the game to see that 60+% of them haven't logged in for days or a week or more.
The "my experience dictates everybody's experience" mentality is exactly why the official forums are full of garbage.

33 people on my friends list, 2 offline for 4-5 days, 1 offline for 10 days (moving), everybody else has been playing within the last 24 hours.

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
8644 - 06-26-2012, 12:56
feels like they ninja nerfed gold drops and regular drops in act 1 inferno. i've been farming the same spot for a week now and after today's patch the gold drops are sucking.. averaging 50-200 gold instead of 500-800 with my gold find equipment. also in 6 runs now i only got 1 rare drop and a full pack of blue. usually i have to sell a ****load of blue to make room for the yellow and i will have a full pack of yellows at the end of 5 runs.

Kerosene31
VeteranXV
Old
8645 - 06-26-2012, 12:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiEND View Post
Yeah everyone is quitting and the game is dying! The countless posts in the forums say so! Everyone not playing must be why the game is a laggy mess at busy times.

I'm no Blizzard fanboy but come on (I don't doubt that some of your friends may have quit, I'll guess your friends aren't retarded fanboys).

rootb33r
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
8646 - 06-26-2012, 13:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
I'm not sure I necessarily agree with that. One major benefit of Act 1 is everything is really compact, it's really easy to grab 5 stacks and find a ton of elites afterwards. I'm not sure the extra time needed to farm Act 2 is worth the very slightly better drops.
Well I can't "farm" act 2 yet, so I don't know... I'd imagine farming the Zolton Kulle quest line would be pretty easy (lots of dungeons, compact design). But right now it's not efficient for me to do that.

rootb33r
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
8647 - 06-26-2012, 13:07
Quote:
suppose i bought a wash machine, i'd like to put rice in it, and i think it's cool, why can't i?
Quote:
blizz made a blue post saying that if you died a lot, it means you are undergeared. i'd want to reply:"F**** your M*****", seriously. if godly geared, even my 8-months-old daughter can clear this game by spamming left click. you call this difficulty?

dem chinese are mad
Chinese gamer... - Forums - Diablo III

Vampire
VeteranXV
Old
8648 - 06-26-2012, 13:11
Quote:
Well I can't "farm" act 2 yet, so I don't know... I'd imagine farming the Zolton Kulle quest line would be pretty easy (lots of dungeons, compact design). But right now it's not efficient for me to do that.
It is, but the issue is getting the 5 stacks beforehand. If you have a solid MF set, the back to back bosses can be very profitable even with only one 'guaranteed' rare.

Just going straight into the Archives won't help though as there's only 2-3 packs per area, thus you're almost done by the time you get 5 stacks. The only other decent compact area to grab 1-2 stacks is Alcarnus, everything else is wide open.

With Act 1 you have Festering Woods (2 close dungeons + 2-3 packs outside that you'll often run into), Cemetary (3 dungeons 1-3 apiece), Watch Tower (1-5! packs + resplendent), Leoric's Manor (1-2), Cursed Hold (2-3), Halls of Agony 2/3 (1-3 each) + 2 bosses in close proximity.

Basically: Act 2 gives you a higher chance per piece to be better loot. Act 1 gives you a lower chance but 3-4x the loot in the same amount of time.

FiEND
VeteranXX
Old
8649 - 06-26-2012, 13:22
that's funny, great post.

"I tried the adventuring life. Too much pain, not enough profit."

rootb33r
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
8650 - 06-26-2012, 13:28
Quote:
It is, but the issue is getting the 5 stacks beforehand. If you have a solid MF set, the back to back bosses can be very profitable even with only one 'guaranteed' rare.
What about the quests where you need to get his blood from the 2 dungeons, and then you go to the archives?

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
8651 - 06-26-2012, 13:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorDoggy View Post
How any of you continue to put up with Blizzard's incompetence is beyond me. The game has been out for less than two months, and they have made weekly (if not daily), unannounced changes to major skills, kneejerk nerfed every popular player activity, raped the stats on your loot, and done everything possible to keep people playing in the most blatantly anti-player way they could dream up. There is clearly a deep cultural problem in the Diablo 3 team (if not in Blizzard more fully); their employees publicly behave like spoiled children, call their gamers liars on Twitter and in their forums, lie about undocumented game changes (then later admit them when enough anecdotal evidence from players surfaces), and after two full years adding "polish" to a complete game, they STILL don't have launch-date features fully implemented.
I actually have to check back to this thread occasionally to see what the masses are raging about at the moment. In between that I have a lot of fun playing a pretty mindless game.

|V|
VeteranXV
Old
8652 - 06-26-2012, 13:41
I've really never seen whining about a game quite like this, it's odd

Tic
VeteranXX
Old
8653 - 06-26-2012, 13:44
I am collecting all the D3 quitters loot and e-gold and donating proceeds to the crying old lady from the bus.

Vampire
VeteranXV
Old
8654 - 06-26-2012, 13:49
Quote:
What about the quests where you need to get his blood from the 2 dungeons, and then you go to the archives?
Possibly, though Desolate Sands is still a pretty big area and the packs in those places are not the best. Sand Pygmies, for example, are obnoxious to fight due to the constant burrowing. You can also get Wasp elite/champs out there which are always annoying even if they're not particularly difficult most of the time.

On the upside, there's a fair number of mini-events that occur out there with treasure chests and if you're a completionist the extra chance to find the Ancient Device would be good. I've seen that thing twice total and had the same result (out of 10 possibilities) pop up both times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |V| View Post
The best is all the kids going on about how D2 was so much more amazing, when some of them were potentially not even born when D2 was released.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
8655 - 06-26-2012, 13:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by |V| View Post
Its a blizzard game. It brings out the worst in people. Have a go at the blizzard forum for pretty much any of their games, if you want to shut your brain off.

rootb33r
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
8656 - 06-26-2012, 13:54
I played D2 but I don't remember jack **** about it, other than hacking my LAN character and giving him 100 stones of jordan or whatever it was.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
8657 - 06-26-2012, 13:56
nearly everyone in D2 hacked or duped the **** out of the game

which is why said users should not be surprised at all of the changes made in D3

Vampire
VeteranXV
Old
8658 - 06-26-2012, 14:06
I also have to imagine a lot of people playing D3 don't even remember how imbalanced D2 was when it was released, because they were 8-9 at the time. D2 had years of polish on it by the time most of the D3 population probably played it. I'm turning 30 soon, when D2 came out I was 17. Kinda puts that **** into perspective when the average D3 player is probably 18-25.

D3's already most of the way there, just some silly design decisions getting in the way.

EDIT:
Oh for any Barbs with a high Crit rate (30-40% or more), try the Slaughter rune over Insanity if you're not using an Earthquake build. Pretty ridiculous.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
8659 - 06-26-2012, 14:17
Quote:
The "my experience dictates everybody's experience" mentality is exactly why the official forums are full of garbage.

33 people on my friends list, 2 offline for 4-5 days, 1 offline for 10 days (moving), everybody else has been playing within the last 24 hours.
I don't have a huge friends list but out of the dozen or so people that were usually online a week or two into release 2 still play.

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
8660 - 06-26-2012, 14:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyElTigre View Post
I don't have a huge friends list but out of the dozen or so people that were usually online a week or two into release 2 still play.
same

Page 433 of 620

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page diablo 3

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
#odio is a virgin , #odio is an awkward faggot , better than strippers , black ppl r cancer , error #37 , everquest 2 , give me back my son deckard , god damn im fat , i cant stop duping , i had sex with katie , jerk off to diablo , kill diablo , mephisto took my son , nerds , niggers gonna rape u , odio is ugly nerd , path of exile is better , single , they took my soj , uncle decard fuked my pussy , yarr matey diablo banged me , yarr matey i banged katie