OMG new Stealth Bomber changes are going to rock my balls

Brontez

Contributor
The role of a stealthy glass cannon is to ambush and deliver a large amount of firepower through volleys of torpedoes onto large targets. To facilitate this new role better, the bonuses and some of the attributes are being changed appropriately.

So what are we looking at changing exactly?

1. Bombers will be able to fit covert ops cloak

However they will have a 15 second cloak reactivation delay (long, but WAY better then the previously planned 30 second delay) . This means they can warp in cloaked and better surprise their targets in a true ambush. However once they are committed to the fight, they will not be able to recloak quickly as a drawback so choosing the right time to strike is essential.

2. Bombers will be able to fit and use siege launchers and fire torpedoes.

This allows them to inflict a high amount of alpha damage on larger targets and be serious threat to them. In gangs with other ships and available strategies will add significant damage to the fleet. They will no longer be able to fit cruise launchers as a result.

3. Bombers will gain bonuses to torpedoes

Each racial bomber will gain a damage bonus to their racial damage torpedoes (EM = amarr, Explosive = minmatar, Kinetic = caldari, thermal = gallente) and a torpedo explosion velocity bonus so they can better hit large targets which are moving in addition to a torpedo velocity bonus increasing the range and speed of the attack.

4. They will still use bombs

Bombs will be getting cheaper and their velocity will be increased to 2,000 m/sec.

So an example Nemesis bonus description will be like this:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gallente Frigate Skill Bonus:
10% bonus to torpedo explosion velocity and flight time per level
20% bonus to torpedo velocity per level

Covert Ops Skill Bonus:
5% bonus to bomb thermal damage per level
15% bonus to torpedo thermal damage per level

Role Bonus:
-99.75% reduction in Siege Missile Launcher powergrid needs
-100% targeting delay after decloaking

Note: can fit covert cynosural field generators, covert ops cloaks and bomb launchers

This means your resonably well skilled SB pilot will shoot torps at a staggering 45+km, as well as warp CLOAKED. Sub-warp speed has also been vastly increased, but the final speeds are still unknown. Also, previously bombers had to trade a missle launcher for the bomb launcher, but now the bombers can carry (depending on CPU) a bomb launcher and ALL 3 TORP LAUNCHERS.

I can't wait to try these puppies out :D
/me piddles

I also wisely invested in 150 Arbilest Siege Launchers a week ago when they were ~750k isk. This morning they were 2mil, I'm betting on 5mil+ after the patch.

Also, if you want to be flying these tomorrow, get a couple of cov-ops cloaks ASAP! This morning they were selling for under 10mil (seen them going for 15+ a few months ago) but they're going to go through the roof tomorrow. The bombers themselves are going for ~30mil already, so if you don't already have some I'd wait a few weeks unless you just have to try them out.

Last edited:
There's a ton of options in SB fitting now. Was messing with them tonight and if you drop the bomb launcher you can fit Med shield extenders on them with plenty of PG/CPU to spare. I can't wait until EFT is updated with the new specs. :)

Back