Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired by Reggs - Page 13 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired
Page 13 of 47
Devil Slayer
VeteranXX
Old
241 - 11-01-2006, 14:28
Wow thats really interesting to know. Did you not even considering using the torque?

Edit: Damnit Vir!

Sponsored Links
NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
242 - 11-01-2006, 14:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spockhammer View Post
There are alot worse things to be than a 3.5 on a scale between Terra and Dutch.

Srsly.

And I played tribes with you like... last year, it was a RaindanceLT pub and you were LD with me, BE side, you got like 7 kills the whole map.

I can look up the stathud html sheet if you want lololol

(edit- also **** you ******fix for taking that post seriously, cuz i wasn't making fun of you, douchebag)
What handle was I using? Since I don't use NoFiX...

SonGohan
VeteranXX
Old
243 - 11-01-2006, 14:33
NoFix... You have sucked and always will suck at Tribes regardless of what you say. Even your bump up to broadband only made you suck a little less because at least then your discs hit somewhat near people.

I've played you with both connections.

HOWever, you've grown up quite a bit from what I've heard. You no longer crash servers when you die.

"stupid lpb ******"

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
244 - 11-01-2006, 14:35
wow..tribes on source.....that was probably the better choice for sure. not suprised that sierra didn't want to use it at all from the stories i've heard about the valve/sierra war

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
245 - 11-01-2006, 14:36
Yeah, the very second they said Unreal engine, I posted responses saying it would "feel" like a UT2K4 mod.
The Wikipedia entries need to be updated with some of these facts the devs just posted.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribes_2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribes:_Vengeance

Stits
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
246 - 11-01-2006, 14:39
I wish we had someone in the community who could "release" the t1 or t2 source tree. I've always been kinds interested in seeing how skiing was accomplished.

SureShot
VeteranX
Old
247 - 11-01-2006, 14:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by S**** View Post
I wish we had someone in the community who could "release" the t1 or t2 source tree. I've always been kinds interested in seeing how skiing was accomplished.

THEY LOST THE SOURCE CODE!!!

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
248 - 11-01-2006, 14:44
my buddies company turned down the opportunity to make T:V

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
249 - 11-01-2006, 14:44
what company? I would love to know all the companies that were contacted to make t:v

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
250 - 11-01-2006, 14:45
cannot say

Diablo Escobar
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
251 - 11-01-2006, 14:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax Panda View Post
Just a quick off the top of my head, we reviewed most of the major engines out there at the time we (Sierra & Irrational) started development, including Unreal, Source, NDL's NetImmerse, CryTek, etc. From those we selected the Source engine, but our president at Sierra at the time (Mike Ryder) said we couldn't use anything that had anything to do with Valve, and told us we would use the Unreal engine instead. I believe Unreal was our third or forth choice. To be fair, the engine wasn't bad once we had finished our modifications to it, but it still had some limitations we would have rather avoided.
wow see now that's really interesting. Imagine if T:v had been made in Source. The problem with the unreal engine is that everything just feels like unreal. Although i have to admit i played the beta of T:V and had a blast. i think it had more to do with the core group being too old to game than anything else.

slut
VeteranXV
Old
252 - 11-01-2006, 15:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyShark View Post
wtf are you smoking? I did HO grapple on cavern all the. I saw lots of other people do it too.
Most of the matches ive played, people just went HO without grapple. In pubs they would do it but do it so aweful. There were a handful of people grappling in HO with speed. Others would just go 1mph and you know wtf im talking about.

nSpectre
Musashi's Suck-pig
Rayn's Apprentice
Contributor
Old
253 - 11-01-2006, 15:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by S**** View Post
How skiing was accomplished?

As I understand it, it was a bug with the character animation Vs. the physics engine.

When the character was flying it ran the "flying" animation (foot waggles), when it landed it played the, what shall I call it... the "kneeling" or shock-absorption animation. Then it went into the "running" animation. The physics engine was modifying the player speed during all this.

So, there was an issue with the timings when the engine processed the "jump" animation. It could suddenly bring the character to a dead stop when it changed between animations quickly. So they fudged with the physics and adjusted the timings so that it avoided that. But it turned out that this meant that during the jump animation the character was essentially "inertialess".

Am I anywhere near correct in my recollection?

Thrax Panda
God Complex4
Old
254 - 11-01-2006, 15:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
Also, was the meat of the deal worked out between VU and IG actually for SWAT, and T:V was kind of thrown in by IG as a bonus to sweeten the deal and to act as a test bed for their UT engine development that they are now using for Bioshock?
Nope. It was actually "We'll consider publishing BioShock, but first you need to do SWAT as a favor to us".

eM.Einsteinium
VeteranX
Old
255 - 11-01-2006, 15:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by slut View Post
Most of the matches ive played, people just went HO without grapple. In pubs they would do it but do it so aweful. There were a handful of people grappling in HO with speed. Others would just go 1mph and you know wtf im talking about.
The grapple was both good and bad. It definitely opened up a lot of possibilities for gameplay, but in some ways, it gave too much of an advantage to the offense. The improvisations that it allowed were definitely a lot of fun though.

The bigger problem was the buggy tourney mode and horrible netcode. You very rarely saw good matches because both teams didn't ping well to a server. There were a lot of fixes tried, and servers became workable, but by that time everyone had quit and didn't care anymore.

shadowman
VeteranXV
Old
256 - 11-01-2006, 15:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
wow..tribes on source.....that was probably the better choice for sure. not suprised that sierra didn't want to use it at all from the stories i've heard about the valve/sierra war
valve/sierra war?

cliffs.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
257 - 11-01-2006, 15:37
I don't remember exactly, but it had to do with money (dur)

something like

valve: hey sierra you owe us money for hl1
sierra: we need a cut of sales from steam
valve: no
sierra: no u

shadowman
VeteranXV
Old
258 - 11-01-2006, 15:39
Quote:

something like

well done

Brontez
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
259 - 11-01-2006, 15:41
Quote:

something like

lol basically yeah

Thrax Panda
God Complex4
Old
260 - 11-01-2006, 15:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal Shaolinmonk View Post
It sounds like you are trying to re-write history, I was under the impression that tribes was massively popular and fans were chomping at the bit for another to be made. The market was and IS there, maybe your team just wasn't up for it. To me its absurd that makers of tv can post about how great of a job they did when their game sold and did the worst out of all tribes games?

hopefully, someday, another team of folks can build a real, updated version of tribes and stick it in your eye.
Well, I guess we'll all just have to take your word on it. You're the expert after all.

Page 13 of 47

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

Social Website Bullshit