we haven't had a good flame thread in awhile, so here it goes. (TW DRAMA) by not_fraggle - Page 12 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page we haven't had a good flame thread in awhile, so here it goes. (TW DRAMA)
Page 12 of 50
Iason
VeteranX
Old
221 - 03-02-2004, 11:01
Ethicly it just matters if he was spending the money for a legitimate reason for what people intended it for. It's up to the donater to decide if that's what they meant for it to be used for when they sent it in.

Sponsored Links
SureShot
VeteranX
Old
222 - 03-02-2004, 11:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn
Ever consider, Fubar, that maybe the laptop will be useful in future events that feature T:V? You think that press conference was it?

Although that may be true, would be nice to know about these things before he just blows peoples donations as he sees fit...People donate with a specific purpose in mind, not to be taken advantage of as is the case right now. Renting or borrowing a laptop would have been much smarter.

Yankee
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
223 - 03-02-2004, 11:01
I think the true measure of whether this is right or wrong will be reflected in how well the next fund drive goes.

Pancho Villa
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
224 - 03-02-2004, 11:01
I'm sorry, this is just friggin hilarious

herbtown
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
225 - 03-02-2004, 11:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee
I think the true measure of whether this is right or wrong will be reflected in how well the next fund drive goes.

i'm not offended and i'll contribute again....will u?

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
226 - 03-02-2004, 11:02
gotta dot this thread

puncho
VeteranXX
Old
227 - 03-02-2004, 11:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar
That's so ****ing weak on such a colosus scale. Like you need to buy a ****ing 2K labtop to broadcast the event. If he used his ****ing head you could of arranged sierra,ati,homelan, hell just rent one to have the assessts he needed.

But instead he spent donators money on something that he will only benefit from 99% of the time. All the time while stuffing as much man meat of sierra as he can in his mouth. Priceless
Basically what I'm thinking..and Soj, even if he uses it for like 5 conf, he'll still be using it most of the time. I wouldn't care if there was a separate donation towards this "upgrade". Money donated for upgrades should be for just that. The laptop is not a TW upgrade as it's not something TW can use all the time (e.g. the servers).

fibulator
Banned
Old
228 - 03-02-2004, 11:04
check out my new sig yall

ReCurve
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
229 - 03-02-2004, 11:04
I just can't help but picture in my minds eye fraggle sitting in a corner laughing his ass off.

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
230 - 03-02-2004, 11:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot
Although that may be true, would be nice to know about these things before he just blows peoples donations as he sees fit...People donate with a specific purpose in mind, not to be taken advantage of as is the case right now. Renting or borrowing a laptop would have been much smarter.
If the laptop is going to be used to broadcast future press events, I would think it a good investment. Colosus obviously wants to get TW more involved in Tribes, and not be just a forum where a bunch of people go to talk trash. What if he had said that any left-over money would go towards future TW investments? Would that have been sufficient?

I'm being serious, btw. Not trying to be a smartass at all. I'd just sincerely like to know if you want to know where every dime goes, or if you just want to know that it's for TW?

Imposter
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
231 - 03-02-2004, 11:05
While I disagree that something needs to be used all the time for TW to be a valid TW expense, consider that Col is more than likely using the laptop to run TW, which consumes a large amount of his time. It may not benefit the end users directly, but Col does a crap load of work for the site, so a good amount of the time it is being used for TW.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
232 - 03-02-2004, 11:05
I wish I was flown out to the press event.

Hedge
VeteranX
Old
233 - 03-02-2004, 11:05
He wants it to be so involved with Tribes Sierra buys it.

BeavisNuke
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
234 - 03-02-2004, 11:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk
better put on some make up and get your pee pee turned inside out

ReCurve
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
235 - 03-02-2004, 11:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk
grow some fun-bags

Cavalier
VeteranXV
Old
236 - 03-02-2004, 11:08
You make it seem as if every Tribes event from now on, this laptop is going to be use to cover it.

How exactly is Colosus even going to get to these events, does he have the money to travel?

I mean get real - at most, Colosus with his new laptop is going to cover maybe one more event? Hell i'm willing to bet somone like Bodyshot will be broadcasting more **** than him. He already does all the matches now. And hell, the thing lagged out the ass on sunday. Bodyshot should get the new laptop! VOTE NOW!

cLownbOat!!1
VeteranX
Old
237 - 03-02-2004, 11:08
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/show...581&highlight=

^^anyone remember this?

Quote:
The problem is that I have no obligation to show that these people are donating to the site and not to me. It is a donation not a payment. We are not a non-profit organization and as such, I have no requirements to display our purchases for public scrutiny.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
238 - 03-02-2004, 11:09
Why should it matter if colosus bought a laptop...which was apparently used for a tw related event..and most likely will be again in the future? And quite honestly...with all the b.s. that tw puts him through...the jeremy daspins, the weekly threats of lawsuits...if anyone deserves to get laid...col would be the one. I'd bet that he has probably put more than just a little of his own money into this site over the years...a lil kickback for the trouble and b.s. he goes through because of this site isnt that big of a deal

SarcaStick
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
239 - 03-02-2004, 11:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by SureShot
Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin g!!!!!!1

Ben Reed
VeteranX
Old
240 - 03-02-2004, 11:09
/me disguises himself as a woman and puts in an application for WOFN

Hiiiiii Matthew...

Page 12 of 50

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page we haven't had a good flame thread in awhile, so here it goes. (TW DRAMA)

Social Website Bullshit