Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2
Page 4 of 56
filsinger
Crazy HookerX
Contributor
Old
61 - 01-22-2010, 08:14
Should I go back and finish one? It's been on my shelf half played for like a year.. I went and did a side mission and got so bored i never came back.

Sponsored Links
Kallama
VeteranXV
Old
62 - 01-22-2010, 08:29
Can't wait to get home and keep playing. So far it has been pretty epic. Plan on taking some medicine, zone out and game all night. Sorry kallama.

/|maverick|\
VeteranX
Old
63 - 01-22-2010, 08:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by /|maverick|\ View Post

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
64 - 01-22-2010, 12:03
I thought this came out in 3 days. Does everyone who have it stolen it, or does anyone have the boxed game?

starwolf_nexus
VeteranXV
Old
65 - 01-22-2010, 12:20
well, at least 1 person has a boxed copy...that was used to create the pirated version

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
66 - 01-22-2010, 12:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
I thought this came out in 3 days. Does everyone who have it stolen it, or does anyone have the boxed game?
I have a boxed copy of the first one if that counts.

And for everyone trying to import a character from the first game you have to import the saves in the external config utility then do it in game (why it doesn't look in the my documents folder where they were saved by default is beyond me).

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
67 - 01-22-2010, 12:44
Yeah, I have a boxed copy of the first one in a tin can box.

I think I'll probably buy a copy of the 2nd one when it's out.

[meph]DarkDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
68 - 01-22-2010, 13:17
gonna get the xb360 version when it comes but i picked up the PC "release" for now.

a few hours in and i really like the improvements to the ui and gameplay they made, game has a much better cinematic feel also.

one problem im having though, how the **** do you take screenshots? prnt scrn just takes black screens and doesn't save to the ME2 directory. anyone know?

Kalyx
VeteranX
Old
69 - 01-23-2010, 01:08
IGN just posted their review not too long ago:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1062898p1.html

"Games like Mass Effect 2 don't come around often enough. Look at any aspect and you can be sure it's great. It's incredibly personal while still retaining a sense of epic sweeping scale. The combat and mission design are outstanding. The visuals, voice acting, soundtrack, and direction are miles ahead of the competition. Perhaps most impressively, Mass Effect 2 manages to fulfill its incredible ambition while only suffering from very few technical hiccups. The only real caveat I should mention is that some of the revelations and plot twists won't be quite as powerful if you haven't played Mass Effect 1, but that isn't any reason to skip this fantastic videogame."

This is the first game that I've actually requested three days off of work so that I can play it, and it looks like I won't regret that decision at all.

Hurricane Harold
VeteranX
Old
70 - 01-23-2010, 02:06
The IGN review is really vague and not particularly informative. It could have easily been written without having actually played the game.

Spexx
VeteranXV
Old
71 - 01-23-2010, 02:11
I'm about 3 or 4 hours in, really loving it so far.

I pirated it, but I still have my pre-order copy set to be delivered in a few days.

Uncle Slappy
VeteranXV
Old
72 - 01-23-2010, 04:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by filsinger View Post
Should I go back and finish one? It's been on my shelf half played for like a year.. I went and did a side mission and got so bored i never came back.
I started doing that, then booted up Mass Effect 2 just to check it out and decided I won't be finishing the first one again(lost my save game). This one just plays a LOT better imo.

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
73 - 01-23-2010, 04:33
I agree, it does play better but there are things that bother me a lot so far. I hate how run, cover and use are all the spacebar. Running out of ammo really pisses me off at times.

I think it's pretty stupid that EA is going to charge people that buy the game used $15 to join the Cerberus Network. They already made their money when someone purchased the retail game, they shouldn't be after used game sales.

Gow
VeteranX
Old
74 - 01-23-2010, 04:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNansen View Post
We actually did some statistics gathering, and something like 40% of players quit playing not long after reaching the Citadel on ME1. Nearly 100% that got past it, though, played until the end.

So we worked hard to even those numbers out. According to playtests the beginning of ME2 is doing a much better job of keeping the players interested this time around.
This is me

To be fair, the computer I was running it on at the time could not handle the Citadel city place at all. I should give it another go if I can find the time.

Spexx
VeteranXV
Old
75 - 01-23-2010, 05:18
btw: Mordin Solus is my favorite video game character since HK-47.

Terra
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
76 - 01-23-2010, 05:33
Is it "stealing" if someone pre-ordered it yet still torrents it to play earlier?

From what I recall, owning roms isn't illegal if you already own the game, right?

Spexx
VeteranXV
Old
77 - 01-23-2010, 05:41
It's more moral, but it's still illegal.

Viggy
VeteranXV
Old
78 - 01-23-2010, 09:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
I think it's pretty stupid that EA is going to charge people that buy the game used $15 to join the Cerberus Network. They already made their money when someone purchased the retail game, they shouldn't be after used game sales.
There's no winning side to this issue. On one side there's EA, and I sure as **** don't support them being able to throw around big additional charges for doing essentially nothing. And it's another step towards the "everything as subscription" model (pretty soon you'll have to license your toothbrush monthly from Braun). On the other side there's Gamestop, which has pushed the used game racket so aggressively it seems almost deliberately malicious towards publishers/developers.

So I can understand and almost support it as an attempt to fight back against Gamestop, but ultimately... **** all of them, before they **** us.

Last edited by Viggy; 01-23-2010 at 09:43..
Travace
VeteranXV
Old
79 - 01-23-2010, 10:09
i will pirate this game and i dont plan on buying it. hows that make some of you feel in here.

seriously get the **** off the high horse and get over it.... people will always steal games because in the past so many games have STOLE our money with ****astic games.

i gave ME1 a solid go at it and never finished the game. i lost interest. Ill give 2 a go and maybe even 1 again if i get bored enough but i have no plans on buying this game from anywhere but the "store"

Rosdower
VeteranXX
Old
80 - 01-23-2010, 10:52
just started ME1

what's the big deal about the citadel?

Page 4 of 56

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
sl83 , yarr matey i banged katie