Page 420 of 2009
Nash
Nazi Admin++
Contributor
Old
8381 - 10-15-2011, 00:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelX View Post
And yeah, Nash...lol...go get banned, LOL.
my problem is that i have absolutely zero artistic skills.
On the other hand, what i've seen from certain members of this community is quite impressive so i'm kinda hoping they'll jump the train.

Obviously in a "non trollish" and "constructive" manner.

Sponsored Links
Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
8382 - 10-15-2011, 00:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by John the Jammer View Post
they blocked me from their facebook for a negative comment LOL!
What did you say?

Nomad
Cheap Bastard++
Contributor
Old
8383 - 10-15-2011, 00:02
Someone set us up the bomb

havax
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
8384 - 10-15-2011, 00:02
i may do something for the contest, but i guarantee you there will be some kind of hidden easter egg for you all to enjoy.

Serle
VeteranXV
Old
8385 - 10-15-2011, 00:03
Are base turrets destroyable or do you have to take down the gens to own them?

John the Jammer
VeteranX
Old
8386 - 10-15-2011, 00:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampancy View Post
What did you say?
"hi-rez sucks."

I commented on their last wall post.Then they kicked me from their page. I re-liked them but now I can't comment on ****. So I unliked them again

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
8387 - 10-15-2011, 00:04
I want to see a photoshop of Dave G and GreatScotty Z. Titans of tribes design.

Nash
Nazi Admin++
Contributor
Old
8388 - 10-15-2011, 00:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
i may do something for the contest, but i guarantee you there will be some kind of hidden easter egg for you all to enjoy.
There you go

Vir
VeteranX
Old
8389 - 10-15-2011, 00:06
DaveG, thrax, and scott a meeting of the minds

Rampancy
Veteran++
Old
8390 - 10-15-2011, 00:07
Holy **** they are getting thin-skinned

The thread about the login screen music got locked

edit: well, not "just" locked. Locked a couple hours ago.

BIGSEX_
Veteran++
Old
8391 - 10-15-2011, 00:09
The music when you grab the flag makes me feel like I'm about to have a prostate release

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
8392 - 10-15-2011, 00:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vir View Post
DaveG, thrax, and scott a meeting of the minds
I'm thinking a mount rushmore type photoshop with not sure who the 4th face should be ... oh wait ... kurayami of course.

ZProtoss
10,000++
Old
8393 - 10-15-2011, 00:09
I think the biggest problem with the announced plans, is that it's ridiculously reckless design to copy a system of monetization/classes FROM A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMETYPE.

An FPS game is not a MOBA/Dota style game. While people might be ok with having limited options in an extremely unique gametype that's kind of a mix of everything, it's extremely negligent to immediately assume that such a limiting system would transfer over well to an FPS game - especially one with such unique properties as Tribes.

FPS games by their very nature rely upon more general powers than an RTS/MOBA style game. While RTS style/influenced games are known for having very specialized units, unique counters, and lots of gimmicks, FPS style games are defined by one key feature have gun, shoot other guys with gun - it's literally the definition of the genre of "first person shooter"

What might be unique and interesting in an RTS game in terms of options, just ends up feeling limiting and emasculating in an FPS game. People like having power in FPS games and certainly don't really enjoy rock paper scissor type combat in it.

There's really a strong rhyme and reason as to why certain mechanics work so well in certain subset of gametypes, and why mechanics tend to differ between them. Blindly trying to steal design elements from entirely different types of games, and putting them into a type that can't accomodate them is just a recipe for disaster.

Game design isn't as simple as just going "hey x y and z looks cool, lets throw it all together and see what we get!" It really does take research into how certain mechanics are received, and a full understanding of the gametype you're working with (and those you're taking elements from) to get an end result that doesn't suck. Ah well.

Serle
VeteranXV
Old
8394 - 10-15-2011, 00:11
I still think that their F2P system could work if they start everyone with one type of nade/pack/main/offhand and then charge for weapons and do an unlock BF3 style non-paid unlock.

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
8395 - 10-15-2011, 00:12
look protoss, im not going to take the time to you know, explain with words why it will work ok. it either will or it won't ...

Nash
Nazi Admin++
Contributor
Old
8396 - 10-15-2011, 00:14
I think ZProtoss is relieved that he can finally speak his mind to us.
Let it all out bro. We're here for you

Vir
VeteranX
Old
8397 - 10-15-2011, 00:14
The people who never played Tribes, who don't know how fast they are suppose to go, who don't know they should have more than 2 weapons, we need to see their reaction.

SmallKiwi
VeteranX
Old
8398 - 10-15-2011, 00:16
You guys are seriously making me think twice about preordering....

MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
8399 - 10-15-2011, 00:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallKiwi View Post
You guys are seriously making me think twice about preordering....
save your money, join the occupy hi-rez movement.

?B-MAN
VeteranX
Old
8400 - 10-15-2011, 00:17
Maybe we can get Super-Grover to write an action movie about clans that battle with jetpacks. Use the moneys to buy this franchise and put it into better hands.

Last edited by ?B-MAN; 10-15-2011 at 00:19..
Page 420 of 2009

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
35 psi , animal approves , ascend means more shrikes , austrians , badmofo is a big fucking deal , better graphics without t1 , bf3 blows goats , blitz is a cyberathlete , conspiracy , constraints = creativity , dare play tribe , derp , fuzzy is best tribe player , grapple , kill obibun's dad please , loadout fail , loafting , look i added some tags , moar mortar plz , obibun taint licker , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard , phase 12 , primers , raaaaape~wdeath , targeting laser ftw , the enemy is raping our base , the tao of tribe , this game will succeed , tits:ass , tribes 4 will be fun , tribes: ass end , unreal engine fail , vab nothing left to prove , ze balls make it gay