Tribes : Ascend by Got Haggis? - Page 373 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend
Page 373 of 2009
Thread Tools
jerry
VeteranXV
Old
7441 - 10-02-2011, 20:13
i think this game will b better than tribe 2

not 2 hard 4 that 2 happen i guess
 
jerry is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Serle
VeteranXV
Old
7442 - 10-05-2011, 18:14
PC Gamer Digital Interview

Most of his talking points in this interview are the same.

He makes a point that they're interested in providing support than providing a product + mod tools because providing mod tools and keeping them up to date is hard.

He says something about loadouts being a guide to roles because the game is better when it's played with teamplay and the loadouts give you "an idea of what to do"

Everything else we've heard before..

Also, after watching that, I'm not sure if the guy was using the phase rifle or the sniper rifle..but that s*** reloads way faster than the sniper from T1/T2 to the point of seeming a little OP. WTF.

*edit*
The one really nice thing was some of the gameplay footage of the game where the player didn't suck total dick.
 
Serle is offline
 
Last edited by Serle; 10-05-2011 at 18:17..
naptown
VeteranXV
Old
7443 - 10-05-2011, 18:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide View Post
i think this game will b better than tribe 2

not 2 hard 4 that 2 happen i guess
u were superbad at t2 bro

y u trippin
 
naptown is offline
 
Maniac2099
VeteranX
Old
7444 - 10-05-2011, 18:26
so having a spinfusor will confuse people as to what their role is?
 
Maniac2099 is offline
 
penguin4life
Veteran++
Old
7445 - 10-05-2011, 18:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serle View Post
PC Gamer Digital Interview

Most of his talking points in this interview are the same.

He makes a point that they're interested in providing support than providing a product + mod tools because providing mod tools and keeping them up to date is hard.

He says something about loadouts being a guide to roles because the game is better when it's played with teamplay and the loadouts give you "an idea of what to do"

Everything else we've heard before..

Also, after watching that, I'm not sure if the guy was using the phase rifle or the sniper rifle..but that s*** reloads way faster than the sniper from T1/T2 to the point of seeming a little OP. WTF.

*edit*
The one really nice thing was some of the gameplay footage of the game where the player didn't suck total dick.
i dont understand what he would mean by "supporting the mod community"

afaik - t2 had a scripting engine and there was no support given to it beyond what the community did i.e. writers.cs and it extended the life of the game by 2 or 3 years after dynamix/sierra died

i just dont quite get the feeling these guys deep down know what they're talking about with regards to tribes
 
penguin4life is offline
 
naptown
VeteranXV
Old
7446 - 10-05-2011, 18:30
y r u posting on ur g/fs account
 
naptown is offline
 
Milk-Man
VeteranXV
Old
7447 - 10-05-2011, 18:46
Even I'll be able to ski in this game
 
Milk-Man is offline
 
Serle
VeteranXV
Old
7448 - 10-05-2011, 18:48
Just posting what I listened to.
 
Serle is offline
 
Edofnor
VeteranXV
Old
7449 - 10-05-2011, 18:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin4life View Post
i just dont quite get the feeling these guys deep down know what they're talking about with regards to tribes
i get that feeling too
 
Edofnor is offline
 
Last edited by Edofnor; 10-05-2011 at 18:58..
max
VeteranXV
Old
7450 - 10-05-2011, 18:55
I think he means they could make changes to the game that would break mods. Unless they release the mod tools at the same time as they update the game, people won't be able to release the new mod version right away. Then those people would ***** that they aren't releasing the mod tools fast enough and everyone would nerdrage about being oppressed by DLC-whoring developers. Also this ****'s running on Unreal so it's not quite like the T2 scripting days in terms of mods. It's a pretty weak argument. They should just say they want us to pay for DLC instead of making our own cool ****.
 
max is offline
 
ArchangelX
VeteranX
Old
7451 - 10-05-2011, 18:56
I've noticed that there has been a pretty good drop in enthusiasm for the game on the official forums from the posters there. Even the die-hard HR fans are sorta getting a little bummed.

Too little info, too little video, no screenshots, no beta. I mean, just severe lack of communication. What's going on is my question?

As disappointed as I am with the state of the game, I still would like to play it. I still would like to try it out and see if it can re-ignite any of those old feelings of fun that T1 & T2 put together. Hell, it'd be better than playing the zillionth FPS clone.
 
ArchangelX is offline
 
Edofnor
VeteranXV
Old
7452 - 10-05-2011, 18:59
but it is the zillionth fps clone

that is why people who love tribes are unhappy
 
Edofnor is offline
 
Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
7453 - 10-05-2011, 19:01
meh, it'll pick back up again when new info is released and/or the beta comes out.
hopefully they are using this quiet time to think critically about what people want from it and make the changes.
 
Pengo is offline
 
ArchangelX
VeteranX
Old
7454 - 10-05-2011, 19:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edofnor View Post
but it is the zillionth fps clone

that is why people who love tribes are unhappy
...I hadn't thought of it in that light, but you have a point.
 
ArchangelX is offline
 
MaD_ReBeL
VeteranXV
Old
7455 - 10-05-2011, 19:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengo View Post
meh, it'll pick back up again when new info is released and/or the beta comes out.
hopefully they are using this quiet time to think critically about what people want from it and make the changes.
lol good luck with that line of thinking. they're going to launch a steaming pile of ass. they'll kill off tribes:abortion within 8 months of release.
 
MaD_ReBeL is offline
 
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXV
Old
7456 - 10-05-2011, 21:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD_ReBeL View Post
lol good luck with that line of thinking. they're going to launch a steaming pile of ass. they'll kill off tribes:abortion within 8 months of release.
How dare you say bad things about tribes:abortion!

This thread will be deleted, but will be properly restored in 2024 after HiRez has had the chance to review it.

You will be banned from the forums and your children will be castrated one by one and you will be made to watch.

No one talks bad about mother ****ing HiRez.... NO ONE!! *angry face*

Grrrrrr mother ****er! Grrrrrrr!!!!

*flexes peck muscles*
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
SaintDude
Miss Deaf Texas++
Contributor
Old
7457 - 10-05-2011, 22:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchangelX View Post
I've noticed that there has been a pretty good drop in enthusiasm for the game on the official forums from the posters there. Even the die-hard HR fans are sorta getting a little bummed.

Too little info, too little video, no screenshots, no beta. I mean, just severe lack of communication. What's going on is my question?

As disappointed as I am with the state of the game, I still would like to play it. I still would like to try it out and see if it can re-ignite any of those old feelings of fun that T1 & T2 put together. Hell, it'd be better than playing the zillionth FPS clone.
HiRez knows how to play the forum game. ANYTHING they release information wise is instant cannon fodder. They're not dumb enough to put stuff out there any more that will universally get slammed six ways to sunday. Their fan boys are greatly out numbered by the die hard Tribes fans that are annoyed that HiRez is ****ing this up beyond hard core.

They're not listening to the beta testers or the long time fans. They think they know better. They're going down the same path as Irrational is and they're going to pay the same price in the end. BUT ... somehow the veterans and TWar in particular will be blamed for the game being ****ty. Can't wait.
 
SaintDude is offline
 
Last edited by SaintDude; 10-05-2011 at 23:20..
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXV
Old
7458 - 10-05-2011, 22:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintDude View Post
HiRez knows how the play the forum game. ANYTHING they release information wise is instant cannon fodder. They're not dumb enough to put stuff out there any more that will universally get slammed six ways to sunday. Their fan boys are greatly out numbered by the die hard Tribes fans that are annoyed that HiRez is ****ing this up beyond hard core.

They're not listening to the beta testers or the long time fans. They think they know better. They're going down the same path as Irrational is and they're going to pay the same price in the end. BUT ... somehow the veterans and TWar in particular will be blamed for the game being ****ty. Can't wait.
Most accurate post ever.
 
The Pumpkin King is offline
 
Nash
Nazi Admin++
Contributor
Old
7459 - 10-05-2011, 23:15
The good thing is that you don't have to pay for it to find out it sucks.
 
Nash is online now
 
Oxyminoan
VeteranXV
Old
7460 - 10-05-2011, 23:16
I'm sure there will be plenty of suckers that will plunk down the money to unlock all the initial loadouts...and then proceed to only use the 5 that have the Spinfusor in it.
 
Oxyminoan is offline
 
Page 373 of 2009
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
35 psi , animal approves , ascend means more shrikes , austrians , badmofo is a big fucking deal , better graphics without t1 , bf3 blows goats , blitz is a cyberathlete , conspiracy , constraints = creativity , dare play tribe , derp , fuzzy is best tribe player , grapple , kill obibun's dad please , loadout fail , loafting , look i added some tags , moar mortar plz , obibun taint licker , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard , phase 12 , primers , raaaaape~wdeath , targeting laser ftw , the enemy is raping our base , the tao of tribe , this game will succeed , tits:ass , tribes 4 will be fun , tribes: ass end , unreal engine fail , vab nothing left to prove , ze balls make it gay


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 16:39.