Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend
Page 2009 of 2009
Odio
VeteranX
Old
40161 - 11-10-2012, 20:58
People are still talking about this gae.

Sponsored Links
DeadlyRabbit
VeteranXV
Old
40162 - 11-10-2012, 21:18
I played T:A a bit today, I have been playing firefall a lot so it messed with my feel for the game. What I really noticed is that in firefall you don't have skiing or the top speeds that even T:A has, but the physics of T:A are so ****ed that firefall seems faster, even in the heaviest class in firefall you don't feel like your a weighted down as much as a light in T:A.

The jet packs in firefall have less energy so you can't use them as long and you can't go very high but when you use them you move up at a respectable speed and the momentum causes you to drift upwards after the jets stop because of the speed.

Going between the 2 games it really makes me wonder how hirez decided on the physics they did, wondering if they decided that the armor is heavy so the jetpacks struggle to lift a character. Firefall is in very early beta and is probably going to be in beta for at least another 9 months, yet they already figured out a decent feel for jetpacks.

edit: did some testing, wasn't getting much drift in firefall at the top of the jetpack jump, still feels better than T:A though.

Last edited by DeadlyRabbit; 11-10-2012 at 21:35..
MonkeyHero
VeteranX
Old
40163 - 11-10-2012, 22:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightMare View Post
name one thing that is better in t:a
Cappers don't get a free grab by activating the shield pack just before grabbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Tbh, the "physics" or rather the whole feel of movement was ALOT better in T:V... bring that over to T:A and it can only be a good thing.
The feel in T:V was considerably worse. There was no "carving" to the skiing. It was literally just turning off friction and while it felt ok initially the more you played the more shallow it felt.

Shiloh
Veteran++
Old
40164 - 11-11-2012, 01:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyHero
The feel in T:V was considerably worse. There was no "carving" to the skiing. It was literally just turning off friction and while it felt ok initially the more you played the more shallow it felt.
at least it was consistent. there isn't any carving at appreciable speed in T:A, and the jet packs are ridiculous. Super weak, and gravity gets reduced to 1/3rd when you are moving fast. that is just retarded. The physics in T:V were way better.

Page 2009 of 2009

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribes : Ascend

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
35 psi , animal approves , ascend means more shrikes , austrians , badmofo is a big fucking deal , better graphics without t1 , bf3 blows goats , blitz is a cyberathlete , conspiracy , constraints = creativity , dare play tribe , derp , fuzzy is best tribe player , grapple , kill obibun's dad please , loadout fail , loafting , look i added some tags , moar mortar plz , obibun taint licker , odio is a fucking retard , odio is fucking a retard , phase 12 , primers , raaaaape~wdeath , targeting laser ftw , the enemy is raping our base , the tao of tribe , this game will succeed , tits:ass , tribes 4 will be fun , tribes: ass end , unreal engine fail , vab nothing left to prove , ze balls make it gay