list of ppl "nexted" from tw

so, "a doubling in CO2 would result in a 2c degree temperature rise" is not a hypothesis, and CAGW is not a theory?

A theory predicts events in general terms, while a hypothesis makes a specific prediction about a specified set of circumstances.

Last edited:
I think you should hold on to that nugget of a diacritical distinction because I think you might be the only person in the world who thinks he's spotted it

you go you w/ your common-sense deconstruction of science

You two are both doing a good job contributing to the definition of insufferable.

(i think) im doing it deliberately though

key thing to look for is whenever someone in cultural studies tries to suggest that they're a scientist

so, "a doubling in CO2 would result in a 2c degree temperature rise" is not a hypothesis, and CAGW is not a theory?

again

'im pretty sure this will happen' is a hypothesis

'we've seen this happen and we're pretty sure this is why' is a theory

clap clap stop trying to inject your bullshit into yet another thread

again

'im pretty sure this will happen' is a hypothesis

'we've seen this happen and we're pretty sure this is why' is a theory

clap clap stop trying to inject your bullshit into yet another thread
thats interesting.... both because I was under the assumption this hypothesis was in regards to pre industrial CO2 levels (~280) and that we haven't doubled that yet.... which is why its considered a hypothesis.

Let me know where I've messed that up

I believe the saying goes "never argue with an idiot because they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Obviously my posts are clear enough that you can comprehend them so "gibberish" isn't the correct term.

All of these incredibly smart people on TW but no one can answer simple yes or no questions without going into a personal attack on the poor, dumb Dad...

Back