Does anybody actually agree with this? by Flash - Page 13 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Does anybody actually agree with this?
Page 13 of 24
jgrange
Veteran++
Old
241 - 12-31-2017, 11:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Like I said..typical TW, no reasonable discourse possible. I tried. You guys are badly damaged. Good luck.

No reasonable discourse is possible when you can't handle opposing viewpoints.

Sponsored Links
amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
242 - 12-31-2017, 11:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
No reasonable discourse is possible when you can't handle opposing viewpoints.
No, it's not possible because you're assigning me random beliefs out of thin air. I'm merely questioning the assumption of a positive outcome, and you come back to tell me I'm living in fear, afraid of trans people, etc. It's bizarre. I am none of those things.

jgrange
Veteran++
Old
243 - 12-31-2017, 11:36
You're not questioning the assumption of a positive outcome when you've already pre-determined the outcome inside your own mind based on your own prejudices. It's not hard to read your post and glean your views on trans people who you view as a sign of society losing its morals even though they're a very small minority of people.

If you're not anti-trans people then why bring up hormonal treatments in a post relating to a country/society losing its morals? I didn't have to assign anything to you that you didn't reveal yourself.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
244 - 12-31-2017, 11:41
Quote:
You're not questioning the assumption of a positive outcome when you've already pre-determined the outcome inside your own mind based on your own prejudices. It's not hard to read your post and glean your views on trans people who you view as a sign of society losing its morals even though they're a very small minority of people.
I don't view trans people that way at all. I view them as having a disorder. It's a biological anomaly, not a choice.

I'm merely questioning whether this decade's particularly crazed push for overt tolerance resulting in extremes such as HRT for gender-questioning 7 year-olds is a path to a positive outcome. Is it unreasonable to think that the pendulum can swing from one extreme to another? Why? Is it unreasonable to be wary of sudden change to the fundamentals of a functioning society? Why?

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
245 - 12-31-2017, 11:45
I think some 'trans' people, its a choice. And some same sex oriented as well. Not all by any means, but a portion of those people made a choice.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
246 - 12-31-2017, 11:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibs View Post
samuwell conveniently changes 'gay marriage is wrong' to 'support traditional marriage' to fit his narrative
I am doing this to make a point.

You personally find nothing offensive with the wording, "Support Gay Marriage" and, neither do I. You find "Gay Marriage is Wrong" to be offensive where I do not. You are dictating to me and everyone else what should be considered to be offensive or not. You do not get to determine what is offensive or what is hate speech, and what is not.

You are hinting that you, personally, would not be as offended if the writing on the cake said, "Support Traditional Marriage" which, I doubt very much to be true. Why? Not a peep from you from the Crowder video where he is asking Islamic bakers to bake him a cake with the simple message of, "Steve Loves [insert male name here] Forever" and is denied by the few Islamic bakeries he went into. Also missing from this is the MSM freaking the **** out over this... this... injustice directed towards the gays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4

dibs
VeteranXV
Old
247 - 12-31-2017, 11:53
no, but nice try

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
248 - 12-31-2017, 11:58
Quote:
no, but nice try
Whatever, he raises a valid point when it comes to who defines what is or isn't offensive. The baker finds a gay wedding cake offensive. The gay baker finds an anti-gay wedding cake offensive. Why is more importance placed on one offense vs the other? In both scenarios, some individual or group is taking offense. I'm not taking a side but I'm super interested to see which way SCOTUS takes it.

dibs
VeteranXV
Old
249 - 12-31-2017, 12:02
i could care less

i think its funny that samuwell will twist facts to make his argument, and when he gets called out on it he flails around making assumptions and tries to convince us that he did it to 'make a point'

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
250 - 12-31-2017, 12:04
Quote:
i could care less

i think its funny that samuwell will twist facts to make his argument, and when he gets called out on it he flails around making assumptions and tries to convince us that he did it to 'make a point'
The point he might be making is that a gay baker shouldn't be compelled to make a 'support traditional Christian marriage values' cake any more than a religious baker should be compelled to make a gay wedding cake.

That's really the argument that should be had.

dibs
VeteranXV
Old
251 - 12-31-2017, 12:07
he could've said that instead, but he didn't

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
252 - 12-31-2017, 12:08
Quote:
he could've said that instead, but he didn't
He's taking the long way around

The crux of the argument is whether compelling a small business owner to take part in something he finds deeply offensive is justifiable.

naptown
VeteranXV
Old
253 - 12-31-2017, 12:11
Quote:

If you're not anti-trans people then why bring up hormonal treatments in a post relating to a country/society losing its morals? I didn't have to assign anything to you that you didn't reveal yourself.
except the current status quo encourages people with gender identity disorder to mutilate themselves via castration/hormonal treatment.

is that progress?

should we stop medicating schizophrenics too? maybe ecourage them to pursue one or many of their unconscious personalities, forget that it is self-harmful and harmful to those around them?

#progress
#imwithzer

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
254 - 12-31-2017, 12:16
Apparently hormone replacement therapy on prepubescent children isn't a moral issue, and I'm transphobic for even bringing it up.

Skipperlipicus
VeteranXX
Old
255 - 12-31-2017, 12:17
1) A cake that reads "Adam and Steve forever" is not the same as one that reads "Christianity is for retards"

2) If you don't want to bake a cake just say you're too busy to take on new business.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
256 - 12-31-2017, 12:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipperlipicus View Post
1) A cake that reads "Adam and Steve forever" is not the same as one that reads "Christianity is for retards"

2) If you don't want to bake a cake just say you're too busy to take on new business.
Then you're compelled to lie, which is equally absurd.

And #1 might be the way YOU see it, but to the Christian baker it's satan reincarnate...bringing back the topic of who gets to decide what's offensive and what isn't.

Skipperlipicus
VeteranXX
Old
257 - 12-31-2017, 12:20
Oh no an adult having to tell a white lie! Our society is in shambles!

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
258 - 12-31-2017, 12:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipperlipicus View Post
Oh no an adult having to tell a white lie! Our society is in shambles!
Apparently this discussion warrants the top court having to make a very tough decision on the topic. Maybe you're just incapable of seeing the bigger picture.

jgrange
Veteran++
Old
259 - 12-31-2017, 12:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by naptown View Post
except the current status quo encourages people with gender identity disorder to mutilate themselves via castration/hormonal treatment.
This idiot keeps sperging.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
260 - 12-31-2017, 12:25
Quote:
This idiot keeps sperging.
That's some excellent discourse. You forgot to call him paranoid and transphobic.

Page 13 of 24

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Does anybody actually agree with this?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
serial rapist of chicago