New New GIF (animated) Thread

PeskyImmediateBluejay-max-1mb.gif

She should be trying that in the rack with the safety rails in place to catch the bar and keep it from squashing her. She can then fail safely without injury. Better to have wounded your pride than your health.

And she should have a spotter instead of a cameraman.

She should be trying that in the rack with the safety rails in place to catch the bar and keep it from squashing her. She can then fail safely without injury. Better to have wounded your pride than your health.

And she should have a spotter instead of a cameraman.

there isn’t no good way to spot squats, and anyone that does is a dumb faggot

also it’s not necessary to squat in a rack—just dump the bar off your back

it’s how weightlifters have trained for 50 years

there isn’t no good way to spot squats, and anyone that does is a dumb faggot

also it’s not necessary to squat in a rack—just dump the bar off your back

it’s how weightlifters have trained for 50 years

the spotter's job is to guide the barbell away from the person if they fail, not to assist. If she's not in the rack, the spotters job is to make sure the bar drops off her back and away from her and doesn't roll back over her.

The purpose of the rack is to provide safety against the scenario demonstrated in the gif. The way she failed prevented her from being able to dump the bar backwards. She may have seriously injured herself attempting what she did, the way she did it and without any safety precautions.

Of course, the first rule of safety is perhaps humility and not lifting too heavy in the first place. That lift looked like it was almost 2.5 times her own body weight. Which would have been very impressive if she succeeded, but could cause her permanent injury.

Of course, the first rule of safety is perhaps humility and not lifting too heavy in the first place. That lift looked like it was almost 2.5 times her own body weight. Which would have been very impressive if she succeeded, but could cause her permanent injury.
Those look like bumper plates, not 45s.

I sincerely doubt she'd be able to even hold 315 with those legs.

the spotter's job is to guide the barbell away from the person if they fail, not to assist. If she's not in the rack, the spotters job is to make sure the bar drops off her back and away from her and doesn't roll back over her.

The purpose of the rack is to provide safety against the scenario demonstrated in the gif. The way she failed prevented her from being able to dump the bar backwards. She may have seriously injured herself attempting what she did, the way she did it and without any safety precautions.

like I said, spotting squats is stupid.. it’s a great way to get hurt

there is no safe way to guide a barbell off someone’s back

and she failed the way she did bc she didn’t know how to dump a bar, not bc it couldn’t have been done

Spot with 2 people?
Also my powerlifting coach just spots me from behind and grabs my waist when I falter. Extra support is usually enough, without the spotter needing to lift anything. (I know not for beginners).

Spot with 2 people?
Also my powerlifting coach just spots me from behind and grabs my waist when I falter. Extra support is usually enough, without the spotter needing to lift anything. (I know not for beginners).

i'm not surprised you feel safe with a guy behind you grabbing your waist

like I said, spotting squats is stupid.. it’s a great way to get hurt

there is no safe way to guide a barbell off someone’s back

and she failed the way she did bc she didn’t know how to dump a bar, not bc it couldn’t have been done

I don't squat heavy anymore, after a minor back injury 10ish years ago. I just do sets of 225lb. Not worth it. I commend people who lift heavy though. I'm sure you can squat 2x what I can.

Back