11 Maps? No Floating Bases?

Yeah I know this... and can't wait to see those maps. I actualy realy love the maps that are already out. I can't wait the play the map with the city ruins.

you know what was funny, there were tons of other maps specific to gametype in t1. i remember wishing they would be converted to ctf, but no such luck. i hope the same doesn't happen in t:v. i understand fitting a map for a gametype, but i want floating bases damnit :) its a thing that only a tribes game could have :) and effin looks cool.

Pachacutec said:
you know what was funny, there were tons of other maps specific to gametype in t1. i remember wishing they would be converted to ctf, but no such luck. i hope the same doesn't happen in t:v. i understand fitting a map for a gametype, but i want floating bases damnit :) its a thing that only a tribes game could have :) and effin looks cool.

Exactly. You can't have floating bases in Unreal or Quake.... how would you get up to them... or down to the ground FROM them without splatting?

I personaly think that Arena should be able to be played on every map. Ball should be able to be played on any map that is also CTF. Fuel could be played on any map also. ::shrugs:: Maybe it gets people to try out different game types. If a map is a game-type specific map and people want to see all the maps, then they'll play it and realize... damn... this game type rules!

Ok, I will be honest, I played around a bit with the maps that you did not see in the demo, but quite honestly, there were NO servers to play them on. Playing with yourself, in a multiplayer map... while exciting at first, blows quickly... I have mainly played the maps you have, for the MP portion. The single player game is a lot of fun, it is unfortunate that they chose the map they did, for the SP demo, in my opinion. My comment about the floating bases, wasn't that they are not in there, but that it is a bummer, that there are not more of them. I keep hoping with more and more processing power, these teams would look back at Tribes 1 artwork, and integrate some of those old pictures in. They were always on the wall, back at the old Dynamix office, and were quite cool. Floating bases were a big part in Tribes 1, and they have really gotten away from them. They still have a few, but they are not nearly prevelent as they used to be. Look at the official T1 maps that were played the most... look at the 3rd party maps that were created... how many had floating bases? That is what I am referring to.

As for the pre-fab feeling, I don't know that it came out quite well. The buildings have that mass-producedfeeling. In that these same buildings are dropped on all the planets to be used as bases. It was meant as a complement. You will see it more, in the full version, but Winterlake has that feeling. It feels like they dropped bases into a landscape, and immediately dropped troops in. It is really pretty cool, I think it is a great design that gives it that feeling. In previous version, you fought over ancient ruins. In this one, you fight in some blasted city scapes.

Back