Page 1 of 2
SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 02-16-2019, 17:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool

The SJW originated in the mid 80's with the rise of dual income households, which forced many children into cramped day care facilities where the children were required to compete with each other for the attention of single, childless women, who teach them that masculinity is shameful and toxic. As those same children entered their teenage years in the 90s, parents began catering to their children's incessant demands. It was a time of economic prosperity, and rather than teach their children any form of discipline or self-reliance, they provided them with every luxury available in order to satiate their tantrums.

Enter the 2000s, and the real boom of the internet. No longer just for nerds, social media platforms emerged and created a new space where the still attention starved brats could receive it in droves. It was not enough to have a few close friends, one's self worth was measured entirely by the number of friend counts on various platforms. Children learned that sharing empty platitudinous remarks would earn them more shares, more likes, more friends. It was no longer enough to lead a moral and virtuous life, one must now demonstrate that virtue to others. Dyed hair, visible tattoos and piercings, and eye-catching fashion choices became cultural norms to express individualism collectively. The act of not expressing virtue gradually becomes reprehensible. Facts and logic become meaningless in the pursuit of self-worth and value.

Finally we reach today, where decades of pointless, undeserved accolades have created a multi-generational group of ****ty writers, actors, and singers who were never really criticized for anything. They stare around the room, either still in their parents house or in a ****ty 3BR apartment they share with 8 people, and wonder where things went wrong. They got the 4 year college degree in Art History after 9 hard years of study, but they can't find work to pay off the $300,000 private school loans they took. Gone is the free cable, the free internet, the free housing, the free car, the free food, and they regress to the same tantrums they threw in day care. This is not fair. This is someone else's fault. I want what I had, and you have what I had, therefore you should give me what you have because I deserve things. Instead of self-reflection on the choices they have made, they now discover an adulthood of incompetence. They have no intrinsic value to society, and extreme cognitive dissonance sets in. I have no value, yet I've been told by everyone that I do. My book goes unpublished, my job is being replaced by an LED screen, I am not famous, I own no home, I have no kids, but if I update my facebook profile picture to show solidarity with Paris everyone acknowledges how amazing I am.

This marks the arrival of the social justice warrior. An attention starved adult child who cannot come to grips with the terrible choices they've made under the lax supervision of absentee parents. Their self-perceived victim status elevates their need for more attention, finding solace with other like-minded individuals, and making unreasonable demands based solely on even more virtue signaling. Standards of success are kept shockingly low, as the goal is merely to garner attention and not accomplishments. Marches for rights already obtained ensue, selfies at environment protests, carefully framed to avoid showing their litter, flood the internet. Praise is showered upon them from their vapid, meaningless social media echo chambers.

Today we accomplished nothing, and it was amazing how much people appreciated it.

Last edited by SuicideTaxi; 02-16-2019 at 17:58..
Sponsored Links
JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 02-16-2019, 17:55
GOAT

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
3 - 02-16-2019, 19:08
That was pretty good

The Magical Zoo
VeteranXV
Old
4 - 02-16-2019, 19:12
Fool is one of the last few rigor mortis twitches on this godforsaken website. GOAT poster for sure.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 02-16-2019, 19:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
That was pretty good
Yes, yes it was, thank you.

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
6 - 02-16-2019, 19:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCase View Post
GOAT

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
7 - 02-16-2019, 19:27
One of my fav replies

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 02-17-2019, 14:27
Need context for the image.

Too bad the forum doesnt let you bookmark threads and posts for future reference like this. (Or does it?)

Alvarez
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 02-17-2019, 19:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideTaxi View Post
Need context for the image.

Too bad the forum doesnt let you bookmark threads and posts for future reference like this. (Or does it?)
you could always make a folder in your browser called favorite replies and right click on the # of the reply.... not built into the forum but pretty easy

LogRoller
VeteranXX
Old
10 - 02-17-2019, 21:03
fool, do you think that it is possible that someone can be a proponent of various forms of social justice without being a vapid, virtue-less child

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
11 - 02-17-2019, 21:17
Sure, anything's possible.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 02-17-2019, 22:22
Quote:
well you would say that, your brother became your sister

LogRoller
VeteranXX
Old
13 - 02-17-2019, 23:56
Quote:
i guess i just don't entirely agree with your assessment

the same criteria can be applied to lazy basement-dwelling talentless morons who blame immigrants for taking their jobs, a few of whom i have known

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
14 - 02-17-2019, 23:58
Well it was an obvious generalization regarding the rise of SJW internet culture, not a statement about every person who pursues an ideology of social equality.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
15 - 02-18-2019, 00:04
it felt like that to **** roller tho

check ur privilege

LogRoller
VeteranXX
Old
16 - 02-18-2019, 00:09
whatever it was, it certainly managed to appeal to those easily triggered by any attempt to make the opportunity to achieve success a little more accessible

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
17 - 02-18-2019, 00:22
Well it certainly wasn't written to appeal to the sort of SJW I was referring to.

LogRoller
VeteranXX
Old
18 - 02-18-2019, 00:25
i would hope not

New Account
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 02-18-2019, 01:05
Missed that original post but bravo sir.

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
20 - 02-18-2019, 03:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogRoller View Post
i guess i just don't entirely agree with your assessment

the same criteria can be applied to lazy basement-dwelling talentless morons who blame immigrants for taking their jobs, a few of whom i have known
Well there are 2 forms of the "morons" who blame immigrants for taking their job:

1. are the people getting sacked by the H1B visa invasion but that is more towards the technical sector so not quite so talent-less and was quite legit.

2. Are the morons you speak of. To semi quote a comedian I heard recently, " If a person who doesn't really speak English and has no skills can come over and take your job, you are a dumb mother ****er and do not deserve to have that job"

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Still my all-time favorite post on TW

Social Website Bullshit