hacked by chinese

SkivviS

Veteran X
my account was hacked :( got two emails this morning that my character transfer was complete...which the smart ones of you out there can guess i didnt transfer. and followed immediately by an email saying my password had been reset. i reset the password, added the authenticator, and emailed all the details to bliz.

the kicker...i just received an email saying that my account was perma-banned for selling in-game gold for real currency :lol:

so i emailed that department now too, and hopefully this will get resolved.

if not no big loss, just a game...but unfortunate because it was a game i enjoyed. i really hope they give me back the 26 bucks a pop for the two character transfers that were done on my account.

edit: also i suspect curse addon manager as a source of the hack from what ive been reading online. now im also afraid to use mods if/when i get my account back.

Spoiler

If only Blizzard made some sort of pocket-sized device to help protect your account against theft... They really should get on that since this game is so popular now.

i've always had a feeling the major source of keyloggers are coming from the curse website and their addon manager. the website is loaded with ads and doesn't the addon manager have some as well?

never trusted that place, they're just shady :psyduck:

i get mine from wowace.com and anything else from wowinterface.com, which is apart of the wowhead / allakazham network

hey don't you need to re-input the credit card info to process a character transfer/any transactions?

Unless they managed to keylog your credit card it should have been on their dime.

I ask because my account was inactive and just got hacked the other day, they subb'd for a month-month and i want to try to charge their credit card for a bunch of race changes/server transfers

Many people are falling for a link on google that's first in the list for paid advertising for a fake armory.. I've used the curse client with no problems, but I'm also using the authenticator

actual addons .lua cannot be keyloggers why dont you stop using download managers for addons and just do it yourself? since its suspect and everything,

i used to do everything manually, and will start doing it again once this gets resolved. also ive read that the problem with the account stealing is getting so bad that bliz is considering making the authenticators mandatory to play

I always at least make sure that Curse isn't running minimized when I log in. Not sure if that would make a difference though.

i cant find where ive been reading...but in the email i received today from bliz it was talking about pc security and said to make sure to delete all my mods and only download from reputable sites

Back