I haven't logged on in a year...

RebelToRumble

Veteran X
What's changed? Worth installing again? I raided with a Warlock in a "hardcore" guild but lost interest in all of the casual-catering gifts Blizz handed out.

What's the new buzz word? What classes are leading the damage/healing/threat boards? Why did the Jews kill Jesus? Why do Shamans and Druids excel at everything?

I logged my lock out in her T6 garments and nothing else because I'm cool :birthday:

Love,
~Rebel

i hear rogues are broken good right now

Random Dungeon Finder is pretty sweet if you like doing 5 mans at all or want to gear up fast with badges

Game is the most incredible thing you'll ever play. Come back now! Every second you're not back, you're missing what could have been the best second of your LIFE.

Free T9-232? Yeah.
Free T9-245+? A little more difficult.

The real catch is T10, you need to pay a rather steep sum in the present raid emblems (frost) to buy each piece. It's probably close to double (or more) of what T9-232 was and you have to buy the first piece (251) in order to get the higher tier since the cost now requires the previous armor piece + token to get.

I guess it's technically not harder to get T10, it's just more time-consuming.

Free T9-232? Yeah.
Free T9-245+? A little more difficult.

The real catch is T10, you need to pay a rather steep sum in the present raid emblems (frost) to buy each piece. It's probably close to double (or more) of what T9-232 was and you have to buy the first piece (251) in order to get the higher tier since the cost now requires the previous armor piece + token to get.

I guess it's technically not harder to get T10, it's just more time-consuming.

In other words, free epics for the causuals (T9) and for those that are hardcore, they can buy T10. This way, the causual player or even a new alt won't have to grind forever to get to the point where they can run new content.

Especially useful for hardcore raiders that get tired and level an alt.

In other words, free epics for the causuals (T9) and for those that are hardcore, they can buy T10. This way, the causual player or even a new alt won't have to grind forever to get to the point where they can run new content.

I hate when people can't see this.

I think right now the Storming the Citadel section that's open gives you eight (two by four bosses) emblems. So in a week you can bag 30 emblems assuming you do the random heroic every day and polish off both 10 and 25 (16 +14). Each T10 piece is I think either 70 or 90 emblems a piece, something close to that. That averages out to one piece every 2.5 to 3 weeks, but they will open the next next in a few weeks and I suppose it'll pick up steam.

Hardcore = Grinding to you? I mean it wasn't even two weeks in and they nerfed Marrowgar (apparently he was hitting too hard) so it's a bit more difficult to equate "hardcore" to any kind of skill other than time investment really.

Hell I remember doing XT002 before the nerf when his tantrum would essentially kill you without healing (10% of health per second for 10 seconds) and that was fun and felt good when you did it. Maybe it's more of a connection thing, and they are keeping it lax for people who DC/lag out. I'm sure it's frustrating to go for Tribute to Immortality when you are at Anub and someone dies because they lagged a bit.

marrow only hit to hard for casual raiders and ppl who didnt know wtf to do, its a cleave more ppl in front of it less it hits per person 2xtanks = half the damage

idiots were trying to single tank it according to the forums

so they nerfed it QQ

marrow only hit to hard for casual raiders and ppl who didnt know wtf to do, its a cleave more ppl in front of it less it hits per person 2xtanks = half the damage

so they nerfed it QQ

Wow so people have already forgot the lessons of Patchwerk? Hell even Gluth and Gormok needed two tanks, that's just sad.

The main nerf to the fight was they made Marrowgar tauntable so people no longer have to stop DPS during the whirlwind phase, w/e it's called. You also forgot the weekly raid quest, you can get a maximum of 35 emblems per week, but I think another wing unlocks this Tuesday so that number will go up. People who clear all content should have 2pc in the next couple days (or already have it if they were one of the few to exploit the random heroic bug and get free frost emblems day1 of the patch).

I think right now the Storming the Citadel section that's open gives you eight (two by four bosses) emblems. So in a week you can bag 30 emblems assuming you do the random heroic every day and polish off both 10 and 25 (16 +14). Each T10 piece is I think either 70 or 90 emblems a piece, something close to that. That averages out to one piece every 2.5 to 3 weeks, but they will open the next next in a few weeks and I suppose it'll pick up steam.

Hardcore = Grinding to you? I mean it wasn't even two weeks in and they nerfed Marrowgar (apparently he was hitting too hard) so it's a bit more difficult to equate "hardcore" to any kind of skill other than time investment really.

Hell I remember doing XT002 before the nerf when his tantrum would essentially kill you without healing (10% of health per second for 10 seconds) and that was fun and felt good when you did it. Maybe it's more of a connection thing, and they are keeping it lax for people who DC/lag out. I'm sure it's frustrating to go for Tribute to Immortality when you are at Anub and someone dies because they lagged a bit.

Anyone able to raid on a set schedule and take on the 10 and especially the 25 man content to me, is not a casual player. I can grind heroic instances every night because it only takes a few hours to do a few. I don't really have a definition for hardcore other then non casual, hopefully that makes sense.

Guess you're right on that. One of the top raiding guilds on my server (or the top) pretty much makes each player have one main and a minimum of two alts geared out. Not sure how they do it but the few I know in there are usually in ICC 5 - 6 times a week on various toons. I guess that's what it takes to get the realm-first when it comes to it, but I miss the time when content required more coordination and teamwork versus crying and nerfing.

Guess you're right on that. One of the top raiding guilds on my server (or the top) pretty much makes each player have one main and a minimum of two alts geared out. Not sure how they do it but the few I know in there are usually in ICC 5 - 6 times a week on various toons. I guess that's what it takes to get the realm-first when it comes to it, but I miss the time when content required more coordination and teamwork versus crying and nerfing.
It's mostly because content is boring and offers little challenge so raid weeks consist of 1-2 hours one night a week. Because of this, people do the same content on 1-2 alts in addition to their mains. It leads to burnout (It'd be AMAZING to never have to touch ToC again), but helps when you hit content that can't be downed without cheezing your raid composition (anub25, yogg0-25) so you can avoid over-recruiting. We do a main 25man with loot council, 10mans on our mains for fast emblems, and run 3-4 alt icc-10s during the week for alts or mains that didn't make the initial ones. Then we host a 25man GDKP run on sundays with some decent players outside our guild where everything is auctioned off and the gold is distributed at the end of the run (good for 3500g apiece last weekend).

im in the top raiding guild on my server and we are hardcore ish we clear ICC/HTOC 25 , Ony and VOA on tuesday and HTOC-10, ony VOA on weds and spend the rest of the week gearing alts

so they nerfed it QQ

He had 25-raid damage. Cleaves were hitting for ~40k even with 2 tanks.

Back