[Official] The Anglers Thread

after running it through some software

18g2br1uy1vfnjpg.jpg

Didn't catch much to talk about last weekend, but there was a freaking 4' grass carp floating in the middle of the lake dead. Part of it's side was gone, so I'm guessing he ran into someones prop.
UjgOc0wl.jpg

Last edited:
I have a friend who is big into fly fishing and teaches people how to do it so I'm going to give it a shot. One of my favorite movies is a river runs through it.

Went fishing in Georgian Bay with the little guy, only had a friends shitty Crappy Tire pole, but managed to land a 1.5lb bass that we let go, later that morning I saw some massive 3' long beast swimming 20 feet from the dock, asked the neighbour, said it was most likely a carp - fuck that thing was huge.

Gorgeous lake.

helped a guy land this beast of a bat ray yesterday... i was the only one on the pier with a gaff. took two of us to pull it up after he fought it for about 30 mins. no one had a scale that can weigh it but several of us picked it up and guesstimated it to be in the 110 -120lb range.
i1e6qg.jpg

ok..since that^ i recently got an email so looks like im invited back on that private charter every summer now. which has me thinking... i cant just borrow gear from my buddy. so im trying to do research on gear.

been looking at some avet reels paired up with a pheonix. basically im looking for something that i can still take out to the pier on my week to week that will allow me to cast far but has enough umph that i can take it out on a boat or when i hook up a shark it wont be an issue.

if any of you know a lot about deep sea gear id love to hear your opinions on what i should get... i have a budget of $600 - $800 for both rod and reel.

got to up to the eastern sierra area south of Lake Taho to go fish with my buddy at Lake Topaz this weekend. We limited out and had 12 over 2lbs. I got a 4lber and it held for the weeks 2nd place :) i gave my tickets for the derby prizes to my buddys brother since i wont be there in April.
168vgjd.jpg

97p939.jpg

23uor4l.jpg

i should start doing some gopro of fishing.

is there a reason you hold a baitcaster like that instead of like this ?
picokumaserrano6.jpg

Back