T:V Update - Coming December 2004

I am AGAINST punkbuster. It only causes problems and doesn't help. dont give the PB team any money.

In other news, THANK YOU for this patch I'm sure it will fix all the netcode and map issues :D

BitRaiser said:
Lol... I've said it before and I'll say it again, Wulfen yer a tool. :p

Congrat on making yerself looks stupid with that one tho.

Way to get my point retard. You bitch more than anyone else I've seen on here.

And quit calling others stupid when you can't even compose a sentence, you annoying shazbot.

TeckMan said:
I am AGAINST punkbuster. It only causes problems and doesn't help. dont give the PB team any money.

In other news, THANK YOU for this patch I'm sure it will fix all the netcode and map issues :D

Can you feed a little more detail on what problems you refer to?

I really don't know much about the way PB works and haven't encountered it before.

F [a] C E said:
And knowing will be useless because that will not change the patch's contents. please to use brain, dubba dubba dubba
I realize it won't change the contents of the patch. I just want to know what's in the patch so that I can decide if I should stick around here and buy the game when the patch is released.

How about some Buckler love? 40 damage for forward hit or 36 damage for each hit? Up bounce back damage based on victim's speed? Bit more deflection 'radius' or whatever it is that controls this? Allow buckler to actually bounce ball in the Ball gametype ?

Well, I've been snooping that link and a bunch of others.
PB looks like it had some serious issues and has some minor ones. Most look resolvable and it doesn't look like it puts and major load on clients or servers.

*looks* that way anyway.
If you've got strong evidance to the contrary, post it please!

Avox said:
Better semi-funny, than stupid enough to think a web search is an investigation.

Well thats how I buy my hardware. I check Out Anandtech and TomsHardware and others to find out about devices before I buy them so I dont buy Junk! If the pro's outweight the cons I buy it, but If the con's outweight the pro's I dont buy it. Now if you have a better way to investigate things please post here I would like to know.

:)

Last edited:
Call of Duty uses PB, I haven't noticed any real problems besides the random kicking the program seems to do. And its cut down quite a bit on the hacks. Weather it will do the same for T:V remains to be seen.

Homerpf said:
Not so sure about that, the fact that we already have something to prevent cheating but nothing to help the tourney mode/netcode problems is a big problem. Truthfully I could live without punkbuster in the next patch. Then again I don't expect VUG to address some of the more important issues, because I'm not sure if they know if they can fix them for sure.

I'd say cheating is on the list of important problems so its a good sign that they are addressing it with PB which has proven effective for a number of big games. As for the Tourney mode, demos and other important stuff I really hope that they are addressed. However those aren't issues that can't be fixed.

Demo recording has no timescale, first person view is low on the player, demos don't lock to specific POV of demo recorder. Those are all silly little things that can easily be fixed and should have never been to start. There is no reason Tourney mode should differ at all with network performance. All you need is a ready up function that locks players on teams and restarts to begin match.

I'm just glad they stopped being retarded and decided to say a little more about it. Now we wait and see how many problems they have addressed cuz the problems certainly get mentioned enough on here.

Joyous days on the patch news :D
It's nice to hear that the T:V dev team is taking things seriously.

Additionally, i find it humorous that, regardless whether or not bitraiser does it himself, his very first post in this thread has been proven wtihin this thread, and he's getting crap for it.

There's a patch coming soon, be happy.

Back