Page 10 of 27
Plunk
VeteranX
Old
181 - 07-02-2008, 23:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sipher77 View Post
Even Einstein believed in God.
Please don't do this. I already lambasted Fngr for doing the same thing.

Sponsored Links
Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
182 - 07-02-2008, 23:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunk View Post
Can you offer any proof? Perhaps non-scientific? Maybe some sort of logical, philosophical proof? This has been attempted many times throughout history.
The knowledge of God I have obtained has been given to me by the Holy Spirit and thus is my only foundation of my faith. Others have tried to philisophilcally prove God's existance and or even nudge people towards it such as Pascals Wager. I am nowhere near qualified to answer these questions on that sort of level. I am sorry my friend.

I give you a comment Jesus made to the Pharisees. He mentions how they are always looking for signs, and because of this, they did not even notice the true Messiah within their midst!

Knowledge of God can only be obtained through faith.

Zulu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
183 - 07-02-2008, 23:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive_Tyrant View Post
Pssst - I did - your book, and it's complete bull****.
Hey now, it's a best seller. Maybe...you're wrong? Ok. Ok. Nevermind.

Hive_Tyrant
Clambaked5
Contributor
Old
184 - 07-02-2008, 23:39
Even though I think organized religeon is a control mechanism, I try not to force my views on others - TW seems to bring out the worst in me. I'm done pissing in your thread. I will leave you to your discussion in peace.

VektorX
VeteranXV
Old
185 - 07-02-2008, 23:40

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
186 - 07-02-2008, 23:40
Quote:
The most sinful of places is where God needs us the most my friend. Jesus did not come for the righteous, he came for the sinners. That is why he dined in the homes of tax collectors and whores while everyone judged him for it.
**** you man. IF this god character is real, then he will be the only one to judge me. So why don't you take your pagan christian **** to south america or some ****. they need you there more. i think.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
187 - 07-02-2008, 23:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DillingerEscp View Post
old testament had a god that was a big bully to anyone against him.

Roman empire ruled, and people were sick of it.

all of a sudden you have Christ who preaches a whole new message of loving your neighbor, and whatsoever you do to the least of these, you do unto me.

It was a refreshing message at the time, but the message had a big pile of **** behind the curtain.

thats your ****ing religion.
What God chooses to do with the unrighteous is his right alone. It was very clear to them I am sure of what God expected from them. If God chooses to be more loving know that is his right for his creation.

Plunk
VeteranX
Old
188 - 07-02-2008, 23:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
Um..yes.
Quote:
I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.
-- Albert Einstein, obituary in New York Times, 19 April 1955, quoted from James A Haught, "Breaking the Last Taboo" (1996)

I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it.
-- Albert Einstein, 1954, from Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press

Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a Supernatural Being.
-- Albert Einstein, 1936, responding to a child who wrote and asked if scientists pray. Source: Albert Einstein: The Human Side, Edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffmann
I can keep going if you want to keep being ignorant.

Enlightened One
VeteranXX
Old
189 - 07-02-2008, 23:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
Um..yes.
“My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment.”

“The idea of a personal God is quite alien to me and seems even naïve.”

“It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously."

"I cannot conceive of a personal God who would directly influence the actions of individuals, or would directly sit in judgment on creatures of his own creation."

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one."

He may have "believed in God" in a very abstract sense, but he certainly wasn't traditionally religious. He definitely wouldn't be defending Christianity or its silly laws.

node
VeteranX
Old
190 - 07-02-2008, 23:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by VektorX View Post
Spoiler
I will never start fires in dry brush again. Just keep Smokey away from me!

Last edited by node; 07-02-2008 at 23:43.. Reason: add spoiler- now ricier
Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
191 - 07-02-2008, 23:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
**** you man. IF this god character is real, then he will be the only one to judge me. So why don't you take your pagan christian **** to south america or some ****. they need you there more. i think.
I do not judge you my friend, I see what goes against God's will and I call it for what it is. I have sinned and I continue to sin now, but it is my faith in Christ to constantly help me and forgive me is what saves me.

Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
192 - 07-02-2008, 23:42
Quote:
Jesus first came to save the Jews, Gods holy people, but when the Pharisees mocked him and actively tried to stop him from giving his Gospel, he then gave God's grace to the Gentiles. Us basically/
Says who? Paul? Paul was a Pharisee!

So what you're saying is that God was pissed off at the Pharisees, so he used a Pharisee, who never actually ever met or saw Jesus in person, to convince the Gentiles to join his flock?

That doesn't make a lick of sense at all.

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
193 - 07-02-2008, 23:45
Quote:
I do not judge you my friend, I see what goes against God's will and I call it for what it is. I have sinned and I continue to sin now, but it is my faith in Christ to constantly help me and forgive me is what saves me.
nah you said why are you posting on here and you said you were because where the sin is god needs you the most blah blah and that is judging me in my eyes

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
194 - 07-02-2008, 23:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpy Dooby View Post

So what you're saying is that God was pissed off at the Pharisees, so he used a Pharisee, who never actually ever met or saw Jesus in person, to convince the Gentiles to join his flock?

Crap my bad I meant Peter.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
195 - 07-02-2008, 23:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
nah you said why are you posting on here and you said you were because where the sin is god needs you the most blah blah and that is judging me in my eyes
Maybe it can be construed as such, but I dont judge you, hell I am victim of the same TW cliche. I dont know you personally so how can I even judge?

interface
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
196 - 07-02-2008, 23:48
The reason I bring up my drinking is not because it's a problem that ruins my professional or personal life but it stands in the way of the relationship I should have with my creator. Those that are saying "it's only the drunks and phsycho's that turn to religion"...I'm sure you've never done anything you are guilty about but you simply can't stop yourself from repeating it over and over again, right?

It's not about theology, whether catholics or protestants are right or wrong, or whether you can see God or not. It's about the fact that there is definitely something higher and we subconsciously know it because if that weren't true guilt wouldn't exist nor would we. The only plausible explanation that I, personally, have found which completes the full circle is the explanation that Moses documented and then Jesus fulfilled.

In all actuality the Bible which the Jews (and I) consider to be the "Word of God" is the first 5 books of the Bible. I do believe that the rest is inspired by God but I have some serious doctrinal issues with some of the Apostle Paul's letters in the New Testament...or at least how they read in the English Bibles of today.

There's no convincing you guys but it's still fun to bicker back and forth. The only proof can come from God himself so I suggest that if you want to follow scientific method and totally rule out the existence of God in your mind, say the prayer that Sipher said initially. If nothing happens, then be happy that you added one more variable to your religion experiment and ruled it out. If something happens, you'll have a story to tell down the road.

Zulu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
197 - 07-02-2008, 23:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunk View Post
I can keep going if you want to keep being ignorant.
Speaking of ignorance, how about you go back and read what I posted. Did it say anywhere that Einstein believed in a personal God? I know this requires some reasoning here and yes a little more effort than typing "Einstein god quotes" in google...but please, do some more research.

But if you must go on and it makes you feel better. Please, indulge us with some more Einstein quotes from your vast library.

Sipher77
Veteran++
Old
198 - 07-02-2008, 23:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpy Dooby View Post

I am not sure about this but I believe Saul was a persecutor and killer of Christians until he met the Lord, and then he changed his name to Paul. I am not sure I havent read that far in my bible.

Zulu
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
199 - 07-02-2008, 23:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened One View Post
“My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment.”

“The idea of a personal God is quite alien to me and seems even naïve.”

“It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously."

"I cannot conceive of a personal God who would directly influence the actions of individuals, or would directly sit in judgment on creatures of his own creation."

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one."

He may have "believed in God" in a very abstract sense, but he certainly wasn't traditionally religious. He definitely wouldn't be defending Christianity or its silly laws.
See post 197.

interface
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
200 - 07-02-2008, 23:50
On the topic of intelligence versus non-intelligence. You don't have to have be dumb or smart to be a believer...what marks a believer is that the pride he takes in his intelligence vanishes and he will "turn the other cheek" when his intelligence is criticized.

Page 10 of 27

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Official Christianity Thread

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
athiesm , badmofo has a huge penis , badmofo is faggot , boy must be sacrificed , bullshit , christian , delusions , free gon , fuck christians , fuck jesus , gay priest , get a mind of your own , goth , irrational , jesus built my hotrod , kill the boy , nogodforme , overpopulators , priest touches boy , reggs , religious fuck , shitlicks for jesus , suicidetaxi is god , will smith