Page 3 of 5
Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
41 - 08-19-2019, 00:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Well Bros it looks like I'll be getting a slightly used Norco Revolver 29er hardtail. Probably way more bike than a newb needs but **** it seems like a good deal at $1500cad

More than I initially thought of spending but #YOLO it's a carbon frame 29er that was $3500 less than two years ago.
That will be awesome.

Sponsored Links
SeVeReD
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
42 - 08-19-2019, 01:44
This thread makes me feel better about spending
~$800/yr on new surfboards

Plasmatic
VeteranXV
Old
43 - 08-19-2019, 03:46
Yeah, biking is expensive. My full suspension bike was 3k, and it's no where near top of the line. A buddy spent 4700 on the next better one.

ArakAtak
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
44 - 08-19-2019, 06:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeVeReD View Post
Do you need advice?
I've been waiting for someone to ask me for advice about stoner beach cruisers.
Here's what I use to get to the beach.
Where do you sit and how much do you pay her?

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
45 - 08-19-2019, 06:56
At 6k (AUS dollars) mine's good value. If I went all out it would be a custom build starting with a Pivot frame adds up to 10k + which is just too much for me to justify. Friend just got his new Yeti and that was about 8k (AUS dollars). I started with a $1k, then 4 years later a 4k and then 10 years later a 6k. I ride a **** load. It's not unusual for people to buy a 1k bike and they just sit there collecting dust. It's also not unusual for people to have 4-6 bikes. I have just one bike. It's treated like the precious thing that it is.

It's also not unusual for people to get their bikes stolen by thieves who target mountain bikes. They particularly like to steal from those ****ty storage cages in apartment block garages. They spray over CCTV cameras and rip off bikes. Been cases here where organisaed thieves check public race results. Thinking these competitive people have good bikes, then they use phone listings to work out where they live. Had a detective explaining to us that here bikes are stolen by organised crime and then sent north to be shipped out of the country in containers. People typically thought it was just opportunist crack heads. Mine (kid's and wife's) are locked down to the fattest chain I could get which is dyna bolted to the concrete floor with the bolt tops coated in epoxy, under a cover, in a lock up garage in a good neighbourhood with private community security and they are insured. Every tool that could be used to get through those chains has been removed from the garage and stored (and locked up) somewhere else. Except for a couple of sentimental things in the house, if they break in I hope they take just about anything else except my PC, or my f'n bike.

ArakAtak
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
46 - 08-19-2019, 07:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
Some of my friends had them but at the time, I had a bike that turned out to be my favorite all time bike. I still have it. It needs work.
I still have a Diamondback Sorrento from 1993'ish, also needs some tlc

Currently have a Trek dual sport which is nice for just getting around when away camping/holidays whatever.

(Deja Vu - We've done this before haven't we?)

Brasstax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
47 - 08-19-2019, 07:54
Yeah - probably. One of the nice things about getting older is not giving a ****.

Esteban_Villa
VeteranX
Old
48 - 08-19-2019, 08:54

i got this to toss in my car (small suv) and not have to worry about (black people) stealing it since even if they busted the window out they would think it was broken.

ive done some light trail riding at camp grounds and its fun 4 sure, next weekend will take her into the catskills and hike + bike

(montague paratrooper PRO yeah i got the pro cuz im a fukken PRO)

Last edited by Esteban_Villa; 08-19-2019 at 08:58..
SuperTrap
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
49 - 08-19-2019, 09:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
Where do you sit and how much do you pay her?
Noob. Beach cruisers second passenger always sits on the handlebars

ArakAtak
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
50 - 08-19-2019, 09:43
That would be pretty uncomfortable without a crossbar, that gooseneck would grind right into the roids

SuperTrap
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
51 - 08-19-2019, 09:54
Yeah you don't sit on your balls dude.. you sit with the crossbar across the upper butt

SuperTrap
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
52 - 08-19-2019, 09:58
I guess I should also point out that girlfriends usually don't have balls and you don't call it "riding *****" for nothing

Edofnor
VeteranXV
Old
53 - 08-19-2019, 10:52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmag View Post
YETI
PIVOT
SPEC
Norco Bicycles
Giant
CANYON
Norco
Trek
Intense
Santa Cruz
GT
SCOTT
Merida
KONA
CUBE
Marin
Ellsworth
Turner
BMC
FOCUS
IBIS
NS
Yt

There are a couple more to add but I can't remember them.
ftfy

OneSlickRex
VeteranX
Old
54 - 08-19-2019, 14:40
I've got a E mountain bike. Love it, always makes me smile when i ride, especially up hills.

Full suspension cause i'm old and there are lots of roots where I typically bike.

It has sensors that assist when you pedal (no throttle) get a pretty good workout. If I didn't have elec, i doubt I would go out at all.

Skirting the laws all my life, why not when biking too.

Data
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
55 - 08-19-2019, 16:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban_Villa View Post

i got this to toss in my car (small suv) and not have to worry about (black people) stealing it since even if they busted the window out they would think it was broken.

ive done some light trail riding at camp grounds and its fun 4 sure, next weekend will take her into the catskills and hike + bike

(montague paratrooper PRO yeah i got the pro cuz im a fukken PRO)
Nice. I've wanted one of those for years.

sammyrocks
VeteranXV
Old
56 - 08-19-2019, 17:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Well Bros it looks like I'll be getting a slightly used Norco Revolver 29er hardtail. Probably way more bike than a newb needs but **** it seems like a good deal at $1500cad

More than I initially thought of spending but #YOLO it's a carbon frame 29er that was $3500 less than two years ago.
Great find! I can't wait to read more, hear how it works out for you. I got back into mountain biking a few years ago. So much fun, and it's a great sport to enjoy with my kids.

amRam
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
57 - 08-19-2019, 19:53
Picked it up today, had a chance to beat it around the neighborhood trails and school (steps, curbs and ****)

I'm super stoked. It's such a refined machine...the 1x gearset is awesome and the shifting feels laser precise. Very happy so far, it's crazy light. I haven't been on a mountain bike since I was a kid and I can bunny hop this thing on flat pedals wearing my Adidas slippers.

Needs a wash!

samUwell
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
58 - 08-19-2019, 20:10
How long until we see you in the Redbull mountain bike crazy-ass balls of steel races? That **** is extremely impressive.

Groove
VeteranXV
Old
59 - 08-19-2019, 21:54
is norco no longer a complete garbage canadian tire brand bike? neat!

FOURSTAR
VeteranXV
Old
60 - 08-19-2019, 22:16
ur seat looks too low

Page 3 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Anyone into mountain bikes

Social Website Bullshit