[Project] Pedalboard Build

I play keys but I'm subscribed to this channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/geargodsnet

Tons of info. I guess on one hand, you want a bunch of pedals and sounds, but on the other, it's a bunch of equipment to haul. That's called GAS or Gear Acquisition Syndrome. If you search that channel, he's got a few videos showing his favorite pedals.

So I got this..

boss waza tube amp expander

20190807-182703.jpg

20190807-182718.jpg

It says Waza on it so it was a little on the expensive side but man it is totally worth it. It is an Attenuator/Interface/Power Amp/Awesome Sauce. I also picked up Studio One Artist and a couple of Kali LP-6 Monitors. Now I just have to simple learn how to use the DAW :scared:. <--not what I got it for but I guess I can make some kick ass loops with it anyway. The main reason I got it was to crank my amps for the sweetness but retain my hearing. This allows that by letting the amp do it's thing in a special way but allows the volume to stay reasonable

This guy explain what is is very well.

I have been using different DAWS for years now. They all have their strengths and weaknesses. What you learn in one - many of the concepts carry over to another. And -if you do invest in quality VST tools - they can travel with you from DAW to DAW.

An example the Fab Filter and Soundtoy products.

Most of the time, you will get to know your DAW but then you will want to branch out into the more professional line of audio gear. What I am saying is that if you learn ProQ3 - your DAW doesn't matter much. You will be able to plug ProQ3 into any DAW that supports plug-ins.

Anyway - don't be all "scary face" about the DAW. For the most part, it's just a glorified recorder that you can use for everything including mastering. Don't think that a DAW is about "loops". That is a tiny part of it.

Put down some basic backing tracks - add some external audio tracks, plug the output of your little stack in - set the levels and record.

You will also have a bunch of fun just plugging in DI and recording dry. Then - using the DAW to apply effects.

Anyway - don't get overwhelmed and have fun :)

Speaking of GAS, I do love me some Living Colour, though Doug Wimbish I think maybe needs to have a bit of a culling on this board ;)

Last edited:
I mainly use my AxeFX but have recently built a new pedalboard I use when teaching using a Voodoo Dingbat and Voodoo pedal switcher that allows for presets. Fun stuff! I created most my pedals so quite a few are either not labeled or have my own custom design.

Last edited:
Back