Straight out the trailer thread

So the thing is, to do it you have to shave the door + raise the threshold so all the stuff meets up.

So I pulled the threshold, packed concrete patch in it and smooshed it back down and used a straight edge off the tile to set the height, so the threshold sits slightly above the tile.

Then I measured the threshold to the top of the door opening and marked it on the door, about a 1/2” comes off.

Cut the door 1/2”.

The sides are wood and a bit rotten, the rot goes up about 2” while the styrofoam to door bottom is 1” so I cut and add separate pieces to repair the sides and then cut a piece to fill the middle. Drill/countersink holes, screw it all in and liberally slather with bathroom silicone.

The rubber piece slotted in the door, have to whack off the inserted bits and make it flat, slather with silicone and screw into the bottom of the door.

Fits good. The rubber just barely rubs the tile and it makes a nice sealing noise when I shut the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the part where you paint just the bottom of the door and not the whole disgusting looking thing, it shows character.

On a side note, anyone know of a good source for homemade candles? I'm running low

The bottom edge of a steel door is 24 gauge. Not like a wooden door where you have some room to play. Cut the bottom off and the sides will be flapping in the breeze.

Cut the top off and raise the hinges

or use contact adhesive and glue those flappy bits down

ah look at that - he already solved it. GG King nice looking job

Last edited:
King is a doer, plain and simple, he just gets it done

I like his style, unrefined, but doesn't sweat the small stuff.

I would have been completely unable to rehang that door without cleaning it and repainting the whole thing. Probably the frame as well. While I'm still sanding the thing, King would be already on his third beer after railing his wife in the tub.

Had a few hours today

Decided to use the tile to do the door frame. One side was flush to the wall but the other side was padded out. I could see daylight through the area between the door frame and wall so I stuffed the empty void with mortar and then back buttered and shoved some 1/2 green board on it to pad it out for the tile.

You can tile on top of drywall but you can’t tile over wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back