Page 2 of 3
Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
21 - 12-07-2018, 00:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
Pretty sure iphones do that already. Just set the do not disturb to come on at certain times. You can make a list of allowed numbers that can get through at those times and tell it to allow ppl from those groups. You can also make it go on do not disturb until you leave a location so you can turn it on at the movies and it turns off automatically when u leave.

There is also a setting that says if the same number calls twice in three minutes it will let it though regardless.

You can also make it auto detect when u are driving and it sets your phone to do not disturb so u wont crash & kill ppl.
Both Android and iOS have the Do-Not-Disturb, but let certain things I specify go through option.

I'm not sure what the OP is missing.

Sponsored Links
SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
22 - 12-07-2018, 00:40
You must be even stupider than what I already think you are because the Do Not Disturb feature does exactly what you've been crying about.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 12-07-2018, 00:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
if one more elderly person mentions do not disturb settings i will lock thread and move to hof

if i'm taking a nap at 3pm because i worked all night i do not want to be awakened by my mom calling to ask about shoes but if my dad cut his foot off and needs to get to the hospital i need to receive that call

i don't think my phone has this multicall setting but that sounds good too
ppl mention them b/c they do exactly what you are asking about. If you are too stupid to figure that out then u deserve to be woken up anyway.

Try jamming your phone up your ******* and see how that works for you.

Typical ****ing millennial

LGBR
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 12-07-2018, 00:59
just open up ur phone and say "ok google, legalize ****"

groove
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 12-07-2018, 01:11
has neone suggested do not disturb yet

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
26 - 12-07-2018, 01:18
i will buy a gun

wat do you goddam ****s not understand about some phone calls are emergencies that may be coming from the SAME NUMBER as calls that are not emergencies

you know how there's 911? it's like that

Nmag
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
27 - 12-07-2018, 01:21
If I had your number I'd send you a txt that says "ok" right now.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 12-07-2018, 01:23

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
29 - 12-07-2018, 01:33
What you're looking for is a secretary to answer your phone you dumb****... there isn't a phone feature or an app yet that can read a human being's mind.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 12-07-2018, 02:57
How about a complicated phone tree that will dissuade anyone with a real emergency and just call 911 like a goddamn normal person.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 12-07-2018, 03:02
Quote:
i will buy a gun

wat do you goddam ****s not understand about some phone calls are emergencies that may be coming from the SAME NUMBER as calls that are not emergencies

And what dumb **** are you that can't understand simple do not disturb settings like 'let it through if they ring twice within 3 minutes' or do you expect some sort of phychic app that somehow determines if a call is an emergency?

It's not like 911 at all, all calls to 911 are emergencies, it doesn't selectively answer them based on guess work. They have operators who do it - but they don't have time for that ****.

If someone actually has a real emergency they would be far better off calling 911 rather than you, that's for sure.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
32 - 12-07-2018, 03:05
My employees used to think it's an emergency when they are punching out and realize they forget to punch in. It became an emergency during the ass chewing they got for interrupting my lines of coke.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
33 - 12-07-2018, 20:00
Quote:
i will buy a gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideTaxi View Post
What you're looking for is a secretary to answer your phone you dumb****... there isn't a phone feature or an app yet that can read a human being's mind.

This guy is a ****ing retard. Once I realized what he was asking for, I was going to post the same thing.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
34 - 12-07-2018, 20:05
Has anyone recommended a string and two tin cans?

TheVoiceOfReason
VeteranX
Old
35 - 12-07-2018, 20:12
Quote:
sigh thanks for the brilliant idea but i also get these things we americans call "phone calls which aren't emergencies"
I almost included a snarky comment about "incoming scope creep" in my first reply but figured I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. We can see how that worked out.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
36 - 12-07-2018, 20:18
Quote:
i will buy a gun

app offer is still on the table

$999 today only

also, on my phone (pixel 2) you can set DND to allow repeat callers to go through

if mom calls once it's dnd'd but twice in 15 minutes it rings

my mom and I have been doing this for decades

one call nbd 2 calls I'm in jail

or u can pay me for the app

Last edited by lemon; 12-07-2018 at 20:24..
bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
37 - 12-07-2018, 21:41
i am actually kind of surprised by how stupid some of these responses are

most of you are elderly and can claim early onset brain death but idk how the diarrhea leaked into val's brain

Last edited by bowl of blood; 12-07-2018 at 21:43..
groove
VeteranXX
Old
38 - 12-07-2018, 21:43
u gotta get a bro phone and a ho phone and a side ho phone

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 12-08-2018, 03:20
Quote:
i am actually kind of surprised by how stupid some of these responses are

most of you are elderly and can claim early onset brain death but idk how the diarrhea leaked into val's brain
Dude, you're talking to a software engineer here. Do you not understand what you're asking is stupid? There is already DND. There is already DND with exceptions. There is already DND with double-ring exceptions.

What more could you ask for? Someone to text you a special text THEN your phone works for them on the next call within 2 minutes? Phones aren't ****ing emails. There is no "priority" that can be set when you call someone.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
40 - 12-08-2018, 03:53
dude, we're all software engineers here

i already said what i'm asking for

a phone app that allows a caller to flag a call as emergency so that the receiver can override its notification settings. the user would be able to configure incoming numbers as having emergency access so it couldn't be abused. this is easy to envision because it is already exactly what amber alerts do. i've never dealt with the call architecture in what limited app dev i've done, so idk how hard it is to write a phone wrapper class, but the rest is just ui. this way the user would not need an additional emergency phone number as they would if using a prepaid phone or google voice. however, both caller and receiver would probably need to use the app, so it would make more sense as a built-in.

i don't give enough of a **** to develop this but since "personalized amber alert" is a simple idea i was curious whether anyone had. the fact you can't envision this makes me question your capability as an engineer.

i already acknowledged that the double-call disturb setting is an alternate and acceptable solution to this problem and that my phone doesn't have that, and that's exactly why i made the thread, to find out about **** i don't have

Last edited by bowl of blood; 12-08-2018 at 03:56..
Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page emergency phone solution

Social Website Bullshit