AMD 1800X fuck smashing "all" the Intel 5960X records.

Why is the 1700x 1080p benchmarks better than the 1800x?

Also, as far as 1080p goes - people still use and prefer it over 1440p. I'd rather have a very noticeable increase in frames (thus taking advantage of a high refresh rate) over a slightly sharper picture. Of course, if you're running a $800+ gpu and hit 144+ fps in current/next gen games anyway, then yeah 1440p is a no brainer. Me - I typically buy a gtx 1070 tier card every/every other generation.

It's not better. The 1800x can overclock maybe 100-200mhz higher right now. The reason they chose the 1700 for the test is because it is the same price point as the 7700k.

Those are the most recent tests that show faster ram speed = better ryzen performance. All the initial testing was done with 2166mhz ram. Can't wait for motherboard manufacturers to get their shit together and add support for 4000mhz+

Last edited:
true or false

C7oqlmmVAAAHEmG.jpg

C7oqmKvVAAAThpz.jpg

4ch post is suspect. No one is going to be stupid enough to lay out their job history, much less specify the company they currently work for and projects they have been on anonymously.

4ch post is suspect. No one is going to be stupid enough to lay out their job history, much less specify the company they currently work for and projects they have been on anonymously.
Well to be fair he could have just made those up to make it harder to track (said 15 years, could have really been 6 or 30 for instance).

With the big push to Kaby Lake for Win 10 though, it's plausible (forcing the majority of the technology world to upgrade to chips with backdoors built-in). :weird:

Remember when you could unlock more cores and multipliers on CPUs with a simple pencil trick?

Ryzen multipliers are all unlocked :sunny:

Allegedly they are adding more for better fine tuning.

Remember when you could unlock more cores and multipliers on CPUs with a simple pencil trick?

Yep, but I don't remember it being more cores? I remember doing that with my dad on an Athlon Duron 800mhz when I first got into computers.

Unlock more Hz with this one simple trick.

Hackers can't believe what you can do with just one pencil.

The amazing secret that the 100fps+ gamers don't want you to know.

The best analogy I can come up with for Ryzen on gaming, is it would be like entering a dodge hellcat to the daytona 500. It could beat the other cars, but that isn't what it was made for.

Short answer: Yes. the Ryzen is good for gaming. But it is better for everything else.

The best analogy I can come up with for Ryzen on gaming, is it would be like entering a dodge hellcat to the daytona 500. It could beat the other cars, but that isn't what it was made for.

Short answer: Yes. the Ryzen is good for gaming. But it is better for everything else.

Just not as good as cheaper processors for gaming.

Back