Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.

Observation that may convince me to reroll:

As an Aracoix Rogue I get 15 points to distro at character creation.

Trained by Master Thief for 8 points:

+10 DEX/+10 MAX DEX, -5 STR/max STR and -5 CON/max CON.

Agile for 6 points:

+5 DEX/+5 MAX DEX

with that combo I have a point to spare that I put in CON. So for -5 STR and -4 CON I get 15 points to both my DEX and DEX cap. If STR and CON runes are as plentiful as people say I may go back and do this.

It leaves only 1 discipline slot open but really maxes out your DEX.

Talamius said:
Observation that may convince me to reroll:

As an Aracoix Rogue I get 15 points to distro at character creation.

Trained by Master Thief for 8 points:

+10 DEX/+10 MAX DEX, -5 STR/max STR and -5 CON/max CON.

Agile for 6 points:

+5 DEX/+5 MAX DEX

with that combo I have a point to spare that I put in CON. So for -5 STR and -4 CON I get 15 points to both my DEX and DEX cap. If STR and CON runes are as plentiful as people say I may go back and do this.

It leaves only 1 discipline slot open but really maxes out your DEX.

You started a new character?

xgalaxy said:
I dont have the game but I've read around a bit.
For a Thief wouldn't it be better to go for these runes:

Raised by a Thieves Guild and
Tought by a Thief Master
Increased Constitution

The Raised by a Thieves guild gives you +5 dagger.

The tought by a Theif Master gives you +10 DEX/MAX DEX
but subtracts -5 from STR/MAX STR and -5 CON/MAX CON.

The increased Contitution gives you some of your CON you
lost from the Thieves master, you end up only missing 2 points.

My reasoning behind these pics is 1) You get the same effects from the Lighning reflexes but costs you way less. 2) You get the added +5 to dagger 3) The effects of the -5 con are not that bad since you only end up loosing 2 points to your max con if you pick up the added increase constitution rune and you end up maxing the CON anyway, so -2 from the max isn't all that bad..

This is another good observation, but really deals for thieves who will do shitloads of backstabbing. The alternative sets you up for your bow if you go as Ranger or Scout. I may go back and take Ranger, as Rangers can take the Archery discipline while Scouts cannot.

Talamius said:
No, but if I went back and rerolled this is what I would have done.

Do you want to? I'll reroll with you. There are somethings I want to change about my guy as well.

Dammit, thinking of rerolling and playing on death, don't want to kill the same creatures over and over again though :\

definitely gonna take the 3 that xgalaxy suggested, as well as teh second +5% dagger one.

Edit: I'll reroll with ya Col

Roga said:
Dammit, thinking of rerolling and playing on death, don't want to kill the same creatures over and over again though :\

definitely gonna take the 3 that xgalaxy suggested, as well as teh second +5% dagger one.

Edit: I'll reroll with ya Col

What is the second +5 dagger one?

xgalaxy said:
What is the second +5 dagger one?

Knife-fighter (4points)

will be dropping spirit to it's dead lowest to get the max points to spend.

edit: question, is there anything wrong with dropping your int down way low? I've heard it affects your primary skills but I'm not certain.

Colosus said:
Do you want to? I'll reroll with you. There are somethings I want to change about my guy as well.

Looking back I probably put too much into sword early, so yeah I think I will. I'm going Ranger this time as well so I can whore out Bow and Archery.

I'll be on about 6:30ish, #shadowbane.

Anyone else that wants to reroll and powerlevel fast is welcome to join us, I know where the good XP and cash is :]

Edit: I'd be on now but I gotta get off work first :/

Talamius said:
Looking back I probably put too much into sword early, so yeah I think I will. I'm going Ranger this time as well so I can whore out Bow and Archery.

I'll be on about 6:30ish, #shadowbane.

Anyone else that wants to reroll and powerlevel fast is welcome to join us, I know where the good XP and cash is :]

6:30 what time zone? What's your char's name?

Talamius said:

I may do that. Will you guys give me some pointers on how to roll a better character. All the options are a bit overwhelming since I've done next to no research on this game till a day ago.

Colosus said:
You wanna be in my group so you're the first to see me die and can loot my grave. :-\

I do. I'll probably have my first character rolled by 5:30 pacific. What place should I start at? I'm sure to die before you.

The only question I have, that I really cant find an answer for is what is a good discipline to go with for a Thief.

I'm thinking Bounty Hunter but I'm not sure, since I dont see any info on what they do really...

meat up tonight in the hamlet of agan's ring?

there is decent lowbie groups, then the bog rats are close by, then the snakes and hag, then the nails for the final push to 21.

should be able to hit at least 15 with a decent sized group and active pulling in a few hours ;).

Roga said:
What type of char are you looking at playing adren?

Warrior of some sort for my first character. I normally play one in this type of game to learn it before doing a Mage of some sort, although Assassin's appeal to me more than typical mages in SB.

Right now, I'm thinking either a Half Giant Tank or a Elf Bladeweaver as my end goals for the character.

Back