[(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread

Hopefully he shows more of himself then he did in Germany last time.

I wish the best of luck to him for himself and the image of US Soccer, but I won't hold my breathe. Although he had some outstanding performances recently, I still don't think he can do consistently through a season in any major European league.

imo Beckham is the one more likely on the way out, but it would be nice if Donovan went to Europe

The problem is it isn't very likely given the sky-high price tag that the MLS demands

All this book does is basically guarantee that Beckham is never going to return to the US when he finally gets his move to Milan. The Team cancer and primadonna combo tends to go down very poorly with most sports fans, especially with the extra circumstances involved here.

Hopefully he shows more of himself then he did in Germany last time.

I wish the best of luck to him for himself and the image of US Soccer, but I won't hold my breathe. Although he had some outstanding performances recently, I still don't think he can do consistently through a season in any major European league.

See I wonder why this is.

Everyone cites his physical size - but his height/weight are like average for Spanish/Argentenian players. Is it the physical pounding or is it something mental?

Donovan: I think he could do ok on a mid-table team in the better leagues, but it hasn't been panned out when he has tried in the past.

Yea, Fabregas is pure class. If class includes spitting, being a whiny bitch, and taking cheap shot tackles, slaps, and after the play kicking to a whole new level of Eurotrash. I don't know how Fabregas is such a darling in the media. He's a douche bag. Doesn't mean he's a bad captain though.

I'm not sure 'it hasn't panned out' as often as people might think.

I tend to give him a pass for his first euro adventure, joining a German team at 16/17 was probably a little bit early and not entirely surprised that he wanted to come back to the US by 19 - at least for awhile on loan.

The second adventure I would say was a failure

The third one barely counts since he wasn't ever going to get a permanent move and didn't get much of a chance in competitive games to prove himself.

On another note, Michael Owen to Manchester United is just about done

This could either go really well or be an utter and complete failure, especially if Alex fails to pick up another striker

I like United's young strikers a lot, Welbeck, Campbell, Macheda. But they definitely need need more there, those guys are still too young. I don't think Owen is the answer though

boy o boy i hope villa comes to barça

even though we already have a solid front line i'm still excited because that guy fucking rocks

ManU didn't lose their back line, which in my opinion is what won them the premiership.

With Ronaldo gone, Rooney and Berbatov will be more involved. They may not win 4-0 like they did with Ronaldo, but 2-0 will still be 3 points.

:)

iirc they beat chelsea's record for 1-0 victories last season so it's not as if they have that large of a margin of error

he was the reason i started watching english soccer in the first place

i dont know how i'll react if he really signs with united

Can't believe the Owen signing! And also JT is not going anywhere.

john-terry-300x400.jpg

Obligatory Snaps sig where his face is getting kicked in :rolleyes:

Back