Page 2 of 2
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
21 - 11-12-2019, 05:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_hift View Post
Not that I have experience stealing packages but when I did delivery for jimmy johns I'd see a lot of those cameras. I thought about vetting a few family's and maybe smashing out the cam while they were gone and stealing a package. The entire thing seemed so heinous I had to shake the idea way.
i'm proud of you, bro. i know it's hard to shake away the prospect of being a loser skater guy that can't take care of his wife and kids monetarily the rest of his life. respect for not stealing people's amazon packages.

Sponsored Links
NoGodForMe
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
22 - 11-12-2019, 07:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_hift View Post
Not that I have experience stealing packages but when I did delivery for jimmy johns I'd see a lot of those cameras. I thought about vetting a few family's and maybe smashing out the cam while they were gone and stealing a package. The entire thing seemed so heinous I had to shake the idea way.
Glad you did as well. The cameras do work and you would have been recorded walking up to the camera and you probably would have done it in the day time when they get a clear image. You would have needed to cover your face, but they could still see what you look like (body build, color, height, weight).

In the middle of the night, the cameras go into night vision mode. Car bandits come through neighborhoods checking for unlocked cars between 2-5am. The image is in B&W and not that clear. If you look in that thread, I post images of a car bandit.

The answer when it comes to UPS is to divert packages to an Access Point, which is a fancy term for a UPS Store. I did this with my iPhone 11. I was at work when they tried to deliver it in the morning. There was a note on the door but they didn't leave it. So I went online, created an account, and diverted the package to a UPS store 1 mile from my home. The package arrived the next morning on a Saturday and I got it.

In general, the ring door bell camera will work for the porch. But if you have cars outside, then you need to cover your driveway and Wyze works for that.

Many people I know will work from home if they are expecting an expensive package from Amazon.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 11-12-2019 at 07:53..
Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Ring doorbell camera

Social Website Bullshit