The real duel challenge

giphy.gif

First off gg's to rtcll he did beat me.

Second after reflecting on losing last night I came up with a few easy ways to change my game play to fit this new "meta" as the new games call it.

Duel never had 75 discs until it was changed on Arghs which definitely was not in my favor I don't shoot that much and having 75 discs takes my movement out of the game a lot because I can't mill you on discs.

Next, beacons. Rtcll uses some pretty good beacon hops to dodge nades and things. I did not use a single beacon because its never been in my arsenal. I know there's an autobeacon script that could change that for me though.

Next, Duel start. I use to be able to control the duel starts better meaning I could put the disc made plasma whatever in the right place to knick u. Instead the started off every duel getting knocked.

The duels felt really fast moving to where I couldn't control them. Honestly I don't know if that was me not playing enough or rtcll controlling it. I think it was mostly me letting him control me.

All in all if I fix these little things I think the score would drastically change. We will see if I ever get enough time to put some effort into fixing this. The answer is probably not so until then rtcll duel king.
u a very honorable guy and never back down from a challenge despite never playing the game

First off gg's to rtcll he did beat me.

Second after reflecting on losing last night I came up with a few easy ways to change my game play to fit this new "meta" as the new games call it.

Duel never had 75 discs until it was changed on Arghs which definitely was not in my favor I don't shoot that much and having 75 discs takes my movement out of the game a lot because I can't mill you on discs.

Next, beacons. Rtcll uses some pretty good beacon hops to dodge nades and things. I did not use a single beacon because its never been in my arsenal. I know there's an autobeacon script that could change that for me though.

Next, Duel start. I use to be able to control the duel starts better meaning I could put the disc made plasma whatever in the right place to knick u. Instead the started off every duel getting knocked.

The duels felt really fast moving to where I couldn't control them. Honestly I don't know if that was me not playing enough or rtcll controlling it. I think it was mostly me letting him control me.

All in all if I fix these little things I think the score would drastically change. We will see if I ever get enough time to put some effort into fixing this. The answer is probably not so until then rtcll duel king.
you still held title for the longest in tribes, so that has to count for something. :)

right but running and being able to spam the discs constantly to cover you resets the energy advantage and really everything else to nothing

this is y its nicer to not make this 18 year old video game into an ego fest and just duel for the enjoyment and challenge

maybe 1 day u will win vs someone maybe next week or month they reconfig their stuff or get better and u lose

instead it turned into some ultimate challenge sperg fest

one thing ull notice about the ppl that get listed as the best lt players isn't that they took #1 on a ladder

its that they took #1 on the ladder with different combinations of people year after year after year

1 win and vabing is typical of a person thats lost vs the majority of truly good ppl over the years this game has been alive tho

This is why DuelMap1 is the ultimate map. Hill control is subtle enough that one can change positions without having to waste their entire jet. The ridges allow for nade bounces that can put one back on top so as long as they have the skill. In fact, most evenly matched duels come down to playing the ridge "horizontally". You ride it towards each other rather than fight from opposing sides in most cases.

- Jer

Back