I'm starting this game tonight

JustinCase

Contributor
What is the first thing I should do

Is there a tw "guild" I can join

I read the beginners guide but even that confuses me

thx

Join the channel "tribalwar" in-game. If you can make it through the first 2 months you'll love the game. Eve's not very beginner friendly. Learning curve is pretty steep.

i just came back. i had previously only played like 6-8 weeks or so, thus im still a noob.

i got into the TW channel and asked questions. i asked a ton of questions in my n00b corp channel.

invest some time/skills in Learning areas, to make further training faster.

ALWAYS HAVE SKILLS TRAINING. get EveMon.

do missions. find "agents" for security/command so that they are combat oriented (more fun).

as you start to get comfortable with basic combat and moving around in eve, you may want to aim for a cruiser class ship and pushing yourself a bit more into level 2 missions (i think that cruisers are L2).

try to find the right balance between doing missions and stopping to salvage crap dropped from stuff you kill.

eventually, at your own comfort level, you may want to head for low security space where most of the TW folks play. you need to be able to handle some of the NPCs in the easier areas tho, before you go. trust me, i went out to low sec a bit too early...

If you can make it through the first 2 months you'll love the game.
I fucking hate when people say shit like that. It comes off as a total disservice to the game and makes it sound like the player will just totally NOT ENJOY the first 2 months, which should not be true at all.

Not really attacking you for saying it, as you're probably just trying to say that the game has a slow ~2-month burn before it really sinks in and hooks you - but I've seen tons of people who are doing a disservice to the game and the community by using lines like that, but in a totally serious and snarky way.

/rant

TseTse throws in some good tips.

I'm excited to pick up the retail box and finally give EVE a real shot on March 10th.

LearningCurve.jpg

dont kid yourself.
If the game was easy right away for every idiot who wanted to play, no one would want to play for very long.

i think the sandbox aspect of eve is what keeps most people away/thinking it sucks

a lot of the people who try out eve and quit after the trail period expect 'epic quests' and fun npc shit that provide immediate entertainment and reward, but that's just not what eve is about

I recently started a new character with a friend. Get someone (from TW or anywhere else) to play with you, really helps on missions. We got in to level 3 and level 4 missions right away, which helped a lot.

Try PvP'ing ASAP too - find anyone who has the slightest clue and have them take you out. I was out showing 2 new PvP'ers the ropes a few days ago and we (nearly, don't ask, they forgot to turn scramblers back on after being neuted -_-') took out a Vagabond in our terrible Rifter + 2x Thorax gang.
PvP is amazing in the game, you can still be a great asset to a gang if you have a scrambler and you're fairly quick on your reflexes.

Finding a core of people will be a tremendous help.

LearningCurve.jpg

dont kid yourself.
If the game was easy right away for every idiot who wanted to play, no one would want to play for very long.
:lol: I love that. Best part is the dude hanging himself on the cliff.

And the sandbox / skill-based is what makes the game so damn appealing. I'm so tired of theme-park MMOs that WoW has turned the entire genre into.

EVE and Darkfall are like the only options until Mortal Online. UO is an option, but it's so damn old :(

Last edited:
Back