Character Training - Gallente Commandships

Shadow13

Contributor
Hey eve fuck-twats.

So as most of you know I have been playing eve for a long time, but have never had a gallente. Recently bought a new toon, and almost done with the base commandship skill to 4, What I am curious about is which mods should I start on for leadership skills? Although I have flown with many command ships they were always in quick attack groups where speed was king, is this still the case?

Skirmish?
armor?

And then after I get those to 4, would in your opinion it be better to go to lvl 5 in those skills for Skirmish spec/armor spec or should I continue on to finishing out my recon training? Also any word on "command ship" style battleships?

thanks for any input.

Last edited:
In all honesty, you'll burn out after doing just one specialized warfare lvl5 skill.

Im a gallente pilot, and I decided that Armored warfare spec is the most important to have at lvl5. The armored mindlink will always give the gang I lead an additional 5% to armor, you just cant ignore that in nearly any engagement, unlike 5% sensor strength, shields, or whater the other is.

While it is true that you might find yourself in a small gang dicking around with an astarte, and everyone might want you to bring a skirmish, you have to remember that the speed nerf is coming up, and that nice skirmish mod bonus to speed is (Im pretty sure) getting taken down by a 1/3, as is several other modules. Making truly care free nano pvp only in the realm of frigates. Not sure you want to be tooling around in a CS with a bunch of AF's, Inty's, and EAS', amirite??? (acronyms for teh win!)

Besides armor, I took the others to lvl4, so I can have a nice wide choice of modules to fit. It wasnt much bother either, esp. after taking the tier one skills to 5 already.

Dont worry too much about not having the fleet commands racial bonus (3% to ewar for gallente, for exp.) The bonus is small fry compared to the mindlink bonus.

This link is still fresh and has a breakdown of the boni:
EVE Online | EVE Insider | Forums

I have armor and skirmish spec to 4.

Astarte hits hard, but it's a blastership at the end of the day.

The Eos's specialized bonus is good for ewar ships and that's about it.

In the Q&A that a dev had, he stated several times that the balance team is looking into nano and specifically blaster ships.

So, mass will probably be reduced for blaster ships, and maybe all ships. So, blaster boats may get a small boost for it.

That said, get the specs up, then train for a Sleipnir, cause those are badasses...that love to get primaried.

Back