Ouch [Story]

haniblecter

Veteran XX
Sooo's, started training for caps recently. Got some help from FREEE (not 100%, I didnt think full reimbursement for cap skills was right, thanks Mav) on paying for the biggies, Cap Ships and Gallente Carrier.

Bought Cap Ships and started tooling away. Sometime monday, I go to purchase gallente carrier and train it, it wont let me. Doh! Cap Ships was only at lvl2, damn long skill trains made me think it was at 3.

So I put the skill in my shuttle's cargohold and head to Sobaseki to pick up an Enyo. I continue studying for the bar while Im autopiloting, not paying attn to anything. I get to Sobaseki and enter my Enyo and undock.

WAIT! Didnt I have a 450million skillbook in the cargohold of my shuttle!!!

Oh piss shit! I did it again, I trashed my shuttle with something valuable in it (was a rig and implant the last two times a few years ago)

I start beating myself up, fly down to my domi to double check that I didnt transfer it there somehow, nothing.

I file a petition and make a suggestion in Features and Idea's forum to change what happens to items in holds of trashed ships. I get about as much sympathy with the sob story as you'd get anywhere on the net.

Tuesday rolls around and I read my petition's response (less than a day turnaround too, not bad):

GM EDO said:
Hi,

Thank you for contacting customer support.
According to our logs, you had a Gallente Shuttle destroyed at the system Sivala at 2008.07.21 21:02 and lost that skill book which was in the ship cargo of the shuttle.
I truly am sorry for your loss and do hope you will be able to recover as quickly as possible.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us again.
We'll do all we can to help.

Best Regards,
GM Edo
EVE Online Customer Support

WTF??? I must have continued my AP without realizing it somehow after the shit got popped! Well, I feel a bit better for not being a complete dumbass, just a partial for AP'ing with something like that in the hold.

Moral of story: Fuck Empire AP'ing!

Here's the KM:

KM said:
2008.07.21 21:02:00

Victim: Haniblecter Teg
Corp: F.R.E.E. Explorer
Alliance: NONE
Faction: NONE
Destroyed: Gallente Shuttle
System: Sivala
Security: 0.6
Damage Taken: 554

Involved parties:

Name: Lorde Falcao (laid the final blow)
Security: 0.4
Corp: The Illuminati.
Alliance: Pandemic Legion
Faction: NONE
Ship: Nemesis
Weapon: Caldari Navy Cataclysm Cruise Missile
Damage Done: 554

Dropped items:

Gallente Carrier (Cargo)

I sent a VERY nasty message in the form of a poem that describes how he sucks off little children. May get a suspension for it :p

cost of 20 CN CC missles, 4,000 isk.

4 hours camping gates popping shuttles, girlfriend.

killing the one shuttle you decided not to let go tonight, priceless.

(Not really priceless, cheapest i can find is
EVE-Central - Gallente Carrier - Market Browser - Quick Look At Item)

Heres my dumbest thing i ever did story.

This was when i was in Sylph. We were trolling around y-mp, having some fun, looking for shadow spawn. This was around the time

we were kicking UK out, so we had very little intell going towards the kari pipe(roughly 8 jumps out).

Well my friend was in a domi, warping to different belts, then we would moved on.

We got done with y-mp, jumped through the gate to about 4 goons in cruisers and below.

We think, hell we can take them! What can go wrong. Why yes i'll have another screw driver, 1 more cant hurt.

Goons being goons, 20 more start jumping in. At this point my myrmidon is at a planet. Quick align and warp saved my ass barely.

I hear "Oh i'm tanking them fine, its their friends i'm worried about!"

Well i'm in a drone boat right? Little did i remember, i had yet to learn the lesson that you never carry only heavies and nothing else.

So i warp in, slap heavies on them, and realize that while he can tank them, for now, i sure as hell cant.

I kill 1 of their frigates. lose my myrmidon. Man was i drunk.

Last edited:
So did you trash your shuttle with the skill, or did you lose it to a bomber? I'm a bit confused here.

Update:

We're now sharing space/allied/purchased-space with the Pandemic Legion-Illuminati. corp that my their lives in.

Awesome. Wonder if I can claim a weapon malfunction in combat.

Ahh I stopped playing eve just before my wedding

God i miss my super tank domi

(pretty sure i was the domi in that story)

Back