Old
41 - 03-08-2008, 03:49
Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
Darksidesmoker
Veteran++
Old
42 - 03-08-2008, 06:43
Thanks for this. I am doing the 21 day trial, in-game name is Taos Walena.

Slobax
VeteranX
Old
43 - 03-09-2008, 03:19
wow thank you cuda for the guide

i may actaully the the trial out now that i have pretty much step by step guide on what to train to get into PVP asap

The game seems so deep and complex it is kind of offputting. Last time i tried it, 2 hours after i got into the game everyone was telling me i made the wrong race / put points into the wrong thing and to start over, so i lost interest.

edit: second zip link is 404'ing

Last edited by Slobax; 03-09-2008 at 03:24..
Slobax
VeteranX
Old
44 - 03-09-2008, 04:48
so is there any way i can royally screw up my enitre life in EVE in the character creation process (aka when i pick what to point points into or what race/bloodline)

I will probably be starting my dude tomorrow night, so i'll see you all on then, but i don't want the same thing to happen this time after i make my guy (be told i might as well delete him and make another)

Marathon
Veteran++
Old
45 - 03-09-2008, 10:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobax View Post
so is there any way i can royally screw up my enitre life in EVE in the character creation process (aka when i pick what to point points into or what race/bloodline)

I will probably be starting my dude tomorrow night, so i'll see you all on then, but i don't want the same thing to happen this time after i make my guy (be told i might as well delete him and make another)
i was wondering the same thing. i made a char last night but deleted it because i wasnt sure if i invested in the right stuff.

-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
46 - 03-09-2008, 11:13
the only real thing that is set in stone is your attributes. And each skill group uses a different set. A primary and a secondary attribute.

Really, the only one you dont want is charisma. As its worthless.

You'll go through eve using all of your attributes at one point or another as a primary or secondary learning set.

I personally dont think it matters. Eve isnt the kind of game where you grind, and a messed up thing ruins all your grinding.
I set a skill and let it go until it finishes. I dont watch it until like 2 days before its done.

Any skill you want can be crossed trained for. I could be a caldari player with gallente skills. or amarr.

Cuda
The A-maze-ing4
Old
47 - 03-09-2008, 11:58
I disagree with Serpreme. Attributes are important as they affect your skill training times. There are 5 different attributes: perception, willpower, memory, intelligence, and charisma. Charisma is worthless. The lower the better. Perception and willpower are used for learning ship classes and guns. Intelligence and memory are used for learning support skills that help your ship perform better with more cap, more room to fit mods, and move faster.

Some people believe that high perception and willpower help the most. This lets you train ships and guns faster. If you're a dirty carebear, high memory and intelligence is best for training skills. I like a balanced set of attributes as I think training everything equally is most rewarding. Again, don't worry about charisma as it really doesn't do much at all in the game.

Marathon
Veteran++
Old
48 - 03-09-2008, 14:29
Thanks for the feedback. Also, any idea why the zip is error 404 now?

-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 03-09-2008, 16:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda View Post
I disagree with Serpreme. Attributes are important as they affect your skill training times. There are 5 different attributes: perception, willpower, memory, intelligence, and charisma. Charisma is worthless. The lower the better. Perception and willpower are used for learning ship classes and guns. Intelligence and memory are used for learning support skills that help your ship perform better with more cap, more room to fit mods, and move faster.

Some people believe that high perception and willpower help the most. This lets you train ships and guns faster. If you're a dirty carebear, high memory and intelligence is best for training skills. I like a balanced set of attributes as I think training everything equally is most rewarding. Again, don't worry about charisma as it really doesn't do much at all in the game.
I use to care, got all my basic learning up to V all advanced to IV, but honestly, if you like to time the amount of exp you get in games, super micro things, then care what cuda says. I just cant be asked to go down that road.

If i did, i'd have to buy implants all the time. I'd be poor

NAT Mav
TW Racing++
Old
50 - 03-09-2008, 20:19
I have 3 clones with full implants.
One with full +3's
One with full +4's
One with 3's & 4's

There's one thing in this game you can't buy, and that is training time. Tailoring your attributes to what you intend to train for is invaluable. Not having the right attributes won't make you fail, but it will make things take longer to train for. In the end, the majority of your SP will be in Spaceship Command or Gunnery, so most set up their characters for that.

Last edited by NAT Mav; 03-09-2008 at 20:21..
Slobax
VeteranX
Old
51 - 03-09-2008, 22:44
gonna get a nice snack and big bottle of water and start my trial and do the tutorial later tonight - want to be able to give it full attention and just zone in so i can absorb the complexities as much as possible.

been reading FAQs and what not and it really seems like a second coming of mmorpg christ (non class based, non level based, but skill tree based) that SWG was to me years ago when it came out. Just like SWG it seems like a game you love once you learn all it's intricacies, but you find it hard to recommend to someone because of the steep learning curve and not wanting to deal with their constant questions / frustration when learning it.

Marathon
Veteran++
Old
52 - 03-10-2008, 21:00
what is the gallente equivalent of a rifter?

edit: nvm, i googled and read up and the posts i read said gallente doesn't really have an equivalent. should i choose a new race?

Last edited by Marathon; 03-10-2008 at 21:09..
Madend
VeteranXV
Old
53 - 03-10-2008, 23:55
eh any race can train any other race.. you can just train minmatar frigates to level 3 in like half a day and keep going with gallente stuff other than that

NAT Mav
TW Racing++
Old
54 - 03-11-2008, 09:01
Yeah your race doesn't really dictate anything. A large percentage of pilots start out Caldari for various reasons, and end up flying other races ships when they realize that many Caldari ships are awful at PvP.

Phalanx
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
55 - 03-11-2008, 09:19
most people end up training multiple races anyway. in nearly all cases your support skills translate over, meaning the time to train up another race is much less compared to the first time around. also the exponential increase in training times at the higher levels means that you can either choose to spend 2 months training another race, or be 3% better in one particular ship. meh

Boomerman
VeteranXX
Old
56 - 03-11-2008, 22:21
so as an amarr should I switch over and learn a different race as far as ships go for PVP? I'm in a destroyer now which seems to be pretty slow and reliant on close range.

By the way thanks to all who have been helping me out with questions and advice in game. I'm having a lot of fun with the game and plan on sticking around.

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
57 - 03-11-2008, 22:38
You can stick with amarr boomer. The Destroyers are really ****ty for pvp. The only ones you will see in a gang will be the tech2 dictors. That will only be because of the warp disrupt bubbles.

With the new patch being applied now. Amarr is getting some nice loving. our main ewar module the Tracking Disruptor are useful now. Work your way up to Battleship so you can get a ship to rat in out in 0.0. After that go for frigate level5 and work towards assualt ships and interceptors. Then you can work towards your tech2 cruisers like HACs and Recon.

Get your equivalent skills in gunnery up as well. No use flying a nice ship that can't deliver more than a bee sting.

Artemis Pockels
VeteranX
Old
58 - 03-11-2008, 23:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAT Mav View Post
Yeah your race doesn't really dictate anything. A large percentage of pilots start out Caldari for various reasons, and end up flying other races ships when they realize that many Caldari ships are awful at PvP.
caldari had significantly better stats than every other race in the game until the chink races were added

eggo
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
59 - 03-12-2008, 02:34
chink races?

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
60 - 03-12-2008, 05:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggo View Post
chink races?
yeah you used to only be able to choose from 2 different sub categories from each faction. Then each faction got a 3rd choice in the form of some slant eyes that happened to have popped up from somewhere. This also made it harder for our former alliance, Eve Animal Control, to track down stray dogs for some odd reason.

Page 3 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page Nublets Listen Up

Social Website Bullshit