I hate these 4 hour downtimes

Greywolf

Veteran X
It seems to happen every other week, and its not like this helps the lag in fleet battles, and wtf do they do for the hour of downtime EACH FUCKING DAY?!

Im normally awake around 7 and thats the time eve goes down normally, really starting to piss me off, has anyone seen ANY difference from the daily downtimes?

Greywolf said:
It seems to happen every other week, and its not like this helps the lag in fleet battles, and wtf do they do for the hour of downtime EACH FUCKING DAY?!

Im normally awake around 7 and thats the time eve goes down normally, really starting to piss me off, has anyone seen ANY difference from the daily downtimes?
yes.

Try playing eve about an hr before downtime.

:mecry: :ftard: :mecry: :ftard: :mecry:
:emo: :cry: :emo: :cry: :emo:

This game isnt the only persistent world to have downtime. At least this is 1 hour each day. The multiple-hour downtimes are usually for patch deployment or a server side hotfix. Be glad you get them, because most mmo's have 2+ hour downtimes and patches twice a year. And for the timing, it coincides with GMT.

:cry: :emo: :cry: :emo: :cry:
:nag: :boohoo: :nag: :boohoo: :nag:

Greywolf said:
so get up for six?
fuck no
why dont they do the downtime around oh i dunno 2 am esT?

I think he was trying to get at the point that it gets so laggy before downtime. They reset the server to clear memory and all that fun stuff.

status.png

(it's currently disabled cause of the downtime i think)

From looking at this graph in the past, the downtime occurs right when the fewest people are online. Although that could be because people know downtime is right around the corner.... ;)

However, it showed that there is a definite tappering off of players from around 11pm EDT towards downtime.

Back