[Brink]New FPS from Splash Damage

Is there a demo or has this thing released early for some people? Just wondering what the general feedback is for this game.

Brink has jetpacks? Or are you just randomly stating that?

Sorry. Bring has no jetpacks.

I meant Brink looks like fun but Jetpacks would make it better.

I put video games into categories before having played them based of the available info.

Won't play.
Will try a beta, will only pay to play based off that experiences.(Rift, STO)
Will pay to try and play for a time determined by how good it is.(BF:BC2, Global Agenda)
Will play and stick with it for as long as humanly possible even if it's lacking.(Tribes anything).

Brink looks like a pay to try and play for a time determined by how good it is type game. Much like TF2, BF:BC2, Quake Wars and so forth.

It has some inventive ideas that could make the FPS genre a little more enjoyable. NO Vehicles, which have been pissing me off in BF:BC2 lately(Fuck good Apache pilots). Looks to have fun team based strategies involved.

If you get it on sale for under $40 and enjoy FPS's it seems well worth a few months of solid play at the least.

i can't download the key.. i bought it through their UK website.. the download button is still called pre-order? or does this have to do with the fact that i might have pop up blockers working? :s

all preloaded and ready to go for tuesday.

Caught a video of some guy who got the game early, and played strictly using hip fire + movement. Looks like a nice change of pace from the latest batch of modern shooters. Strafing + hip firing seems very viable, and the guy was actually decent at the game.

could you guys download the key with the yellow knobs on the D2D site still saying "pre-order"? or did they say "download"? i'm figuring if they might use different times for different zones around the world to give em out..

edit: also i guess you don't need to install Comrade to be able to pre-load the game through Steam right!?

Last edited:
do you still see a spam of +2 +2 +2 +2 etc when you shoot people? between that & the art style of the game it's very similar to borderlands. i liek it :weird:

ill be playing on 360

omg its surge

hm, the d2d payment system does not seem to be working. i hope i dont get charged like 3 times..

did direct2drive require phone authorization for anyone else? its even doing it with paypal, wtf

Last edited:
Back