Tribes: Vengeance featured in PC Gamer

I think its both and its neither, its the Tribes/Starsiege/Earthsiege/Cyberstorm/Hunter Hunted Universe (If im missing one please tell me :)).

Marweas said:
This game is doubleplusgood. Do not engage in thoughtcrime.

:rofl:

So how is the Eleventh Edition of the Dictionary of Newspeak coming you Party Weasel. :chill:

BTW good article, I saw a mention of this in the latest Sierra Insider too.

xgalaxy said:
I don't remember seeing the title "Tribes Universe: Tribes" on the first Tribes product. If I'm not mistaken it was "Starsiege: Tribes". You can argue all you like the Tribes products were a result of the Starsiege timeline and story.
Likewise, I don't recall seeing Starsiege on:
  1. Stellar 7
  2. Nova 9: Return of Gir Draxon
  3. Earthsiege
  4. Earthsiege 2
  5. Battledrome
  6. MissionForce: Cyberstorm
  7. Cyberstorm 2: Corporate Wars
  8. Hunter Hunted
  9. Tribes 2
  10. Tribes Aerial Assault
Plus it's my franchise, not yours. I'll call it whatever I want. It's the Tribes Universe at the moment.

what you say is true, thrax...

but here's a fan's perspective. up until recently, i considered starsiege to be part of the Tribes universe.

that was until i read the backstory and materials regarding starsiege from the SS:2845 site, and realized that the Starsiege universe, which had its conceptual roots waaaaay the hell back, was all one and the same all the way through tribes 2. the decision to distance tribes from starsiege wasn't made until after t2 was already in developement, as i recall.

but a great effort was made to make sure that the universes still had consistent backstory - the rise of the Bioderms, who were originally mentioned back in the SS franchise as a sidepoint that was pretty minor.

We're in a heady game of semantics, here, one which no one's gonna win. Saying "it's this name because it's MY franchise" is really insulting to those of us who have enjoyed the SS universe as a whole, instead of the tiny little backstory behind tribes alone.

Oh, come off it guys. You guys would never have heard about SS if not for Tribes. Both of you are Tribers at heart, so you don't have to pretend to stick up for Starsiege just cuz you're working with it right now.

daerid said:
Oh, come off it guys. You guys would never have heard about SS if not for Tribes. Both of you are Tribers at heart, so you don't have to pretend to stick up for Starsiege just cuz you're working with it right now.

nono shhhhhh
:)

truth be told, yah, i came from tribes and yah, i knew nothing of the ss history until recently, but now i now a lot more and i understand the history a whole hell of a lot better than i did. and that's the entire reason behind my post.

loop said:
the decision to distance tribes from starsiege wasn't made until after t2 was already in developement, as i recall.
Nobody is distancing anything from Starsiege. It's all part of the same universe. Starsiege is just another game in the Tribes Universe. Just like Hunter Hunted or Nova 9.

Thrax Panda said:
Nobody is distancing anything from Starsiege. It's all part of the same universe. Starsiege is just another game in the Tribes Universe. Just like Hunter Hunted or Nova 9.

right, and you know what?

this is a dumb, semantic argument. :)

i view it as starsiege, because that's my focus lately. you view it as tribes, since that's your paycheck.

it's like living here in toledo, ohio - i call it toledo, you would probably call it shithole, but it's still the same place. tomato, tomahto.

so anyways, let's talk about more important things and ignore my pissyness a bit ago.

Marweas said:
It's called the Tribes Universe for the same reason New York is no longer called New Amsterdam. Things change.

righto.

:)

like i said above, i realized this is a pointless exercise in semantics.

nice to see you, marweas.
expect humping in a few weeks.

Hell, and here I was thinking there was just ONE Universe all around...

I've heard these quantum theories about parallel universes etc, but I rilly never paid much attention to em :)

Thrax Panda said:
I'm certainly not arguing for inteligence sake. I'm here to beat you down thru force of will. Don't make me get the lawyers involved! ;)

well shit, man, that's all you had to say.

get your lawyers involved. my daddy can beat up your daddy!

so there.

and stuff.

<3 etc. :)

Back