No rocket launcher in t3 please

Planet Side has a weapon, and I swear I'm not making this up, called "the Rocklet". We can only hope Tribes3 has this kind of ingenuity.

We have missiles (in T2). It's called the "Missile Launcher" (I think). Missiles are rockets with guidance systems. We need small missiles called Missilettes.

Let's get missiles like the ones Optimus Primal had in beast wars.

optimusprimal2.jpg

Okay, not the best picture, but they're like missilettes and they shoot out of two barrels, like a shotgun. If they worked against Megatron then they'll work in Tribes 3.

If we're going to nerf weapons solely on the grounds that they aren't "skillful" to use, you had better nerf the range on the mortar as well. Spam isn't skillful - especially given that it is so easily scripted.

stuff it, make it 2 flags, jetpacks, skiing, disc's and cg, good maps, no bases, no vechiles, all your problems solved.

snow said:
stuff it, make it 2 flags, jetpacks, skiing, disc's and cg, good maps, no bases, no vechiles, all your problems solved.

well, we dont need t2 like bases...more like raindance/snowblind type bases, along with towers that house a inv or 2

Flatscan said:
If we're going to nerf weapons solely on the grounds that they aren't "skillful" to use, you had better nerf the range on the mortar as well. Spam isn't skillful - especially given that it is so easily scripted.

It's already been established that it won't be easily scripted in T3. At least that's that's the intent.

you can't make spam for t1...the waypoints were merely 1 dimensional distance markers and an arrow pointing you in the right direction

in t2 they were 3d, having an x,y, and z value, making airpoints possible

if they went back to the little arrow on the compass (which I liked more anyway) spam wouldn't be possible

Last edited:
It will still be abused.

xpndc don't be silly. Blind spam was widely abused in T1 via cheats. You didn't "need" to cheat in T1, you could just pick out a piece of sky, a piece of ground and find your spam spot.

Scripted or unscripted spam isn't hugely skillful. If unscripted, it just takes longer to put together than if you have air-waypoints or outright cheats (still unclear to me why the community agreed air waypoints were "acceptable" but that is another debate).

I don't really care that much regarding either weapon. I'm just saying if you're going to nerf one weapon on the grounds of "no skill" or "low skill," you might as well be consistent.

yes, but it wasn't as easy as it was in T2...in t2 you could stand 450 m away and hit everything dead on with little or no time taken, in t1 you had to memorize pixels

and mortars don't lock on, you actually have to aim

there's a difference between firing something at a fixed location and always hitting and firing at something moving and always hitting...it's called autoaim, and the ML was autoaim defined.

Don't kid yourself - the difference is marginal. Cheats or airwaypoints make it trivial. Even if you have to memorize spam spots, its not THAT hard.

Its either EXACTLY the same thing or 98% the same thing - depending on which approach you take.

ElectroWaffle said:
Just for fun let's examine that comment, shall we? Yes, lets.

Don't cater to IE because they are IE. Whoever said only have missle launchers lock onto vehicles only, knows what he is talking about, but still allow the missle launcer to fire a dumb missle, so it can still be used against players.
wow...exactly what I was gonna say.

xpdnc said:
so if i fire a mortar using airpoints it'll follow a player around?

Mortars most typically explode when they hit the ground. Cheats/air waypoints do everything but pull the trigger for you. To make it easy for you, here is a play by play:

1. Fat ass skies to spam spot told to him by script/cheat
2. Fat ass positions himself on pre-determined spam spot
3. Fat ass lines mortar up with X in the sky placed by script/cheat
4. Fat ass presses fire
5. Mortar explodes at pre-determined point.

That sounds like auto-aim to me.

Sir Lucius said:
are u 2 going to ruin every thread? Want to fight about tribes 2 -- go to general tribes.

THIS place is #1 nazi-ized central. So just :chill:

If you are referring to me, I was discussing tribes, tribes 2 ,and the future of the tribes franchise. I rechecked and this is indeed the forum for that.

Back