[t:v] jetpack idea

CxD

Veteran XX
I was reading another thread and I thought of a idea....

Since the jetpacks are combustible (they have to be because they propel you and shoot out flames) wouldn't it make sense that if they are shot they should blow up in a giant ball of fire sending you to your death. It would have to be a direct hit tho, maybe from a laser rifle or disk. Not a splash hit like from a grenade.

Just imagine playing LFD and sniping a incoming capper and boom you see his body plummet to the group leaving behind a trail of smoke. Sort of like WWII airplanes after being shot down.

Just a suggestion. :shrug:

too large of a gameplay change to make the jetpacks explode as a result of a hit and not from the players health deteriorating to 0%.

Now on the other hand making some of the death animations jetpack-explosion-related is an excellent idea. UT2K3 has the flamning body part stuff going on, it would be sweet to make someones jet pack explode when they die.

|MrSniper|Nyx said:
too large of a gameplay change to make the jetpacks explode as a result of a hit and not from the players health deteriorating to 0%.

Now on the other hand making some of the death animations jetpack-explosion-related is an excellent idea. UT2K3 has the flamning body part stuff going on, it would be sweet to make someones jet pack explode when they die.
yeah thats also what i had in mind

Sounds like it would be a one-hit kill...

Also, jetpacks are integrated right onto the armor from what I can tell... you're probably thinking of having to hit, for example, the energy pack. Look at the jetpack in the new screen... if you hit his backside, you're pretty much hitting the jetpack. It's a lot bigger.

i would like to see some death animations of the jetpack spinning out of control and the player doing loops and twists before he hits the ground.

exogen said:
Sounds like it would be a one-hit kill...

Also, jetpacks are integrated right onto the armor from what I can tell... you're probably thinking of having to hit, for example, the energy pack. Look at the jetpack in the new screen... if you hit his backside, you're pretty much hitting the jetpack. It's a lot bigger.
Well then the answer would be to make it only apply when you make a killing hit on the hitbox from behind. (not a one-hit kill, a normal kill)
Then release the smoking jetpack random malfunctioning directional jet animation and watch hilarity ensue!

Ps. make 'em randomly explode when they hit the ground too, depending on their altitude when they die.

how about this idea... since the jetpacks shoot flames out... why cant that hurt people too... so lets say your flying... and for no apparent reason an enemy is looking at your ass from 1 inch away... your jet will damage him..

Neek said:
Well then the answer would be to make it only apply when you make a killing hit on the hitbox from behind. (not a one-hit kill, a normal kill)
Then release the smoking jetpack random malfunctioning directional jet animation and watch hilarity ensue!

Ps. make 'em randomly explode when they hit the ground too, depending on their altitude when they die.

or make them explode in the air and send them down in flames (plus the grande explosion on the ground)

Back