[Release!] Default Flags Older Brother

Milk-Man

Veteran XX
Double post...

I'm old, and my eyes aren't what they used to be, so I tracked down Krogoth on reddit with a request that he make us a flag that looks just like the default one but larger. He was super awesome about it and agreed after asking a couple questions to get a feel of what exactly I wanted it for. I assured him it wasn't for cheaty purposes and that I don't want an enormous flag...

It's animated too which is cool.

Anyway I took some flag skins I had made previously and added them to the zip along with some plain bright red and yellow ones. Also the pole is now skinnable. I also included a bright yellow pole skin with it if you want to make it extra visible.

Please give a thanks to Krogoth if you likey.

Thanks Krogoth! :cheers:

sshot0047.jpg

UCANHAS

so i played around a bunch with flag glow color/radius/intensity and there's definitely some issue with lighting/angle

you can actually see it in the vid i posted, you see that on the far side of the flag the glow is very obvious, but there's almost no glow on the close side - it's almost like half glow

so, in that vid, you're looking from center @ the flag in a valley. if the flag is on the hill closer to you @ the center, there's almost no glow at all

if the flag is on the hill closer to spawn, farther away from center, the glow is intense and noticeable

it has to do with light source direction, seems like if a hill is in direct 'sunlight' it seriously reduces glow

Back