[Official] NHL free agency

with that offer on the table for sundin from the canucks they must not be trying to go after naslund or morrison

This isn't the NFL where many first rounders are in the league starting next year. We don't rush our players along. That's 4 picks over 4 years. We can't wait 5+ years for decent hockey.

Our owner and GM also held a press conference and said flat out that we would match any offer, as the Lowe rumors were swirling. And he pulled the trigger anyway...
Those picks were worth more than Vanek. It would also help to stop taking big risks in the first round and drafting players from Europe that may not even play in the NHL or even AHL.

Actually, retard. His money didn't count against the cap because we shut him down for the year genius. Thats how we were able to aquire vinnie prospal and make the playoffs. That was really poor wasn't it. Oh and for 5.25 million a year we got a two time 40 goal scorer. Almost a 50 goal scorer with 47. He is also our best two way player and an influential player on the ice. I'm sorry what was penner again?
He was also knocked around and had 3 concussions. He reminds me of another Philly player that had problems with concussions but he isn't as good as Lindros even when Lindros was playing with concussions.

He was also knocked around and had 3 concussions. He reminds me of another Philly player that had problems with concussions but he isn't as good as Lindros even when Lindros was playing with concussions.

I thought it was two concussions and thats the reason they stopped him playing for the rest of the season. The flyers have had trouble with concussions in their whole existence. Lindros, Forsberg, Roeneck ect

Those picks were worth more than Vanek. It would also help to stop taking big risks in the first round and drafting players from Europe that may not even play in the NHL or even AHL.

With 4 first round picks, you might get 1 player of Vanek's talent.

Vanek was our top draft pick from a few years back, and we're not starting over again.

I thought it was two concussions and thats the reason they stopped him playing for the rest of the season. The flyers have had trouble with concussions in their whole existence. Lindros, Forsberg, Roeneck ect

Flyers - With third concussion, Gagne unsure when he'll return | Philadelphia Daily News | 02/12/2008

You really do have problems with concusions there. Maybe it's the physically demanding play that the Flyers are used to playing.

With 4 first round picks, you might get 1 player of Vanek's talent.

Vanek was our top draft pick from a few years back, and we're not starting over again.

No, you would have had at least 2. One from this year and one from next year. Both are deep drafts with lots of talent. You also wouldn't have had to start over if you had signed Briere or Drury for a little more than what Vanek is making and you can't blame that on an offer sheet.

3:03PM Colorado signs UFA G Andrew Raycroft to a 1 year deal (undisclosed)

I honestly hope he does better in Colorado than he did this past year in Toronto.

Well it's mainly Peter's feet that keep him off the ice.

Lindros was always a concussion waiting to happen. He skated with his head down. I don't care how good you are... at some point you're going to get caught in the train tracks and you're going to get annihilated. Scott Stevens made a good train.

Scott stevens was a joke of a player who delivered illegal hits. You look at most of his hits, their either off his feet or aimed at the head

Here's hoping Ty fucks up and blows it for the Wings now.

3:09PM Phoenix signs UFA forward Todd Fedoruk to a 3 year deal (undisclosed)
3:07PM Montreal re-signs RFA forward Andrei Kostitsyn to a 3 year deal worth $3.25-million a season

Back