The Walking Dead - Season 2

Yah this is getting pretty fucking ridiculous at this point. Jesus wept, I get so frustrated at these fucking morons on here. Stay at that fucking farm. Dig a large ditch (6-8' deep) around the farm, then on the inside of the ditch place a fence. At 45' intervals, build wooden watch towers with signal fires. On the outside of the ditch, raise crops. On the inside, raise livestock.

Kill zombies in the early morning but always have 2 people on guard duty. Send a few people around looking for survivors and build up from there. Add a few other central farms a mile or 2 away until you have enough to make a city. Then, build a massive fuck all concrete wall around it and dig several large lakes to stock with fish and such.

It's so easy it's mind numbing.

I should write a fucking show.

:sunny:

Ima catch up on season 2 all at once, so I tried avoiding some of the spoilers and all, but...

Yeah, it seems from the comments that this show might be better if it were about a group of gamers surviving this scenario. I mean gamers already know all this shit. It should be more like Zombieland; competent group of happy-go-lucky marauders in well equipped vehicles, searching for ammo and canned goods in intelligent spots, grabbing any hot female survivors they can kind, avoiding human trash [and occasionally killing them too] and hopping from hilltop mansion to hilltop mansion while living it up while 99% of the rest of the world are dead or shambling. Eventually establish an island kingdom in like Bora Bora or somewhere beautiful, sailing around in a luxury liner or a fleet of yankee clippers.

Yah this is getting pretty fucking ridiculous at this point. Jesus wept, I get so frustrated at these fucking morons on here. Stay at that fucking farm. Dig a large ditch (6-8' deep) around the farm, then on the inside of the ditch place a fence. At 45' intervals, build wooden watch towers with signal fires. On the outside of the ditch, raise crops. On the inside, raise livestock.

Kill zombies in the early morning but always have 2 people on guard duty. Send a few people around looking for survivors and build up from there. Add a few other central farms a mile or 2 away until you have enough to make a city. Then, build a massive fuck all concrete wall around it and dig several large lakes to stock with fish and such.

It's so easy it's mind numbing.

I should write a fucking show.

:sunny:

If they knew what to do no one would watch the show.

Show is garbage this season. I know it's supposed to be more about the human element than the zombie apocalypse but jesus christ. Every episode has been 3/4 boo hooing around. So far this season they've managed to lose a little girl and relocate 2 miles down the road in 4 episodes, and that's it. Other than the retarded "oh my goooood Carl got shot to produce more unwanted drama".

I'm slowly giving up, will finish up this season but if it doesn't improve significantly I'm over it by season 3.

If the survivors were more competent, the dangers could be much greater. Instead of freaking out when they spot 1 zombie, they would only start freaking out when it hits 1,000. It's probably a budget thing, I heard zombies were expensive.

So far this season they've managed to lose a little girl and relocate 2 miles down the road in 4 episodes, and that's it.

This is precisely my complaint.

The reason I was most drawn to the show is the reason I'm upset by it now. I'm extremely interested in the story telling of a zombie-infested society and how its survivors build themselves back up. However, it's become apparent their story telling is not as good as their zombie confrontations, as that's all the first season was about which was quite good, imo.

The stories could be far more ambitious - this stuff over Carl has been ridiculous. The scene where Rick and his wife discuss whether or not Carl should survive, and Rick's declaration that he should because he thought a deer was "beautiful" was so devoid of content I was rolling my eyes.

These characters were part of a graphic novel, correct? Are they following that plot to a T?

Spoiler

They aren't really following the plot of the comics at all. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing but the choices they are making don't seem to be very good ones.

Spoiler

It would be fine to not follow the comic, if the deviations they made were well written/acted/filmed, which they haven't been so far.

And yeah, the whole scene about deciding whether carl should live or die when rick was talking about the fucking majestic deer was just outrageously terrible. The world is overrun by the fucking walking dead, but let's concentrate on how awesome a deer was, even though it caused your kid to get shot.

I don't know what they're going for progression wise with the characters either. Most of the time you're supposed to like some and hate some, but it seems like the writers are doing everything they can to make the audience hate just about everybody.

Andrea is such a vapid cunt, and her whole "relationship" with Dale is just silly. Rick's leadership role did a 180 when he started acting like a 12 year old girl that didn't get the pony she wanted for her birthday. The weepy mom is understandable but she's just fucking irritating about it. It's all just written and acted out in a way that makes most of the characters unlikable, which seems weird to me. AND, the black guy randomly busts out some lynch the nigger bullshit after the only racist saved his life.

I understand that these folks are probably going a little bit crazy dealing with the situation, but shit it's not like it happened the day before yesterday. They've been dealing with this shit for a while, you'd think they would have a little bit of a better grip on themselves at this point.

Do I expect a bunch of random people to straight up build a bad ass fort and live happily ever after with no danger? No.

But I'll be damned if just about any group of random strangers couldn't do better than they're doing so far, and be a hell of a lot more likable about it.

The racism angle seems like something they REALLY want to have, but every time they bring it up it's just like, "Huh?". The black guy talking about that shit didn't make any sense, if something had happened where he was left behind or almost got killed as a result of a situation the others had put him in I would maybe understand it, but up until this point no one has really shown any racism except for Merle and he's not fucking around at the moment.

I am hoping that they are taking a cue from breaking bad and going slow at the beginning of a season and then shit gets crazy towards the end.

just posting here to let everyone know that i watch this show but i dislike it for the following reasons

blah blah blah

i'll keep watching because i have nothing better to do than watch a tv show i dont enjoy and post about how much better it could be

just posting here to let everyone know that i watch this show but i dislike it for the following reasons

blah blah blah

i'll keep watching because i have nothing better to do than watch a tv show i dont enjoy and post about how much better it could be

Pretty much.

Looking forward to "The Adventures of Daryl" spinoff. I'd be like Survivor Man meets Army of Darkness. The rest of the characters can get fucked. Two times.

Back