EAST:
(1) Boston (5) vs Montreal
(2) Washington (7) vs NY Rangers
(3) New Jersey vs (6) Carolina
(4) Pittsburgh vs (6) Philadelphia

Boston will win East.

WEST:
(1) San Jose vs (6) Anaheim
Anaheim is one of the hottest teams in the NHL right now, whereas San Jose was a really hot team when the regular season started but no longer. The Ducks have more Stanley Cup winners (SJ have only two), two lines that can score, and now that Beauchemin is back their defense is fucking ridiculous.
(2) Detroit vs (7) Columbus
(3) Vancouver (6) vs St. Louis
(4) Chicago vs (5) Calgary

The winner of San Jose/Anaheim matchup will win West.

Anaheim is now very different team than what they were just before the trade deadline. As long they keep Hiller in the goal they should do fine against SJ, which is going to be a epic matchup.

Two months ago I would have said that SJ will go all the way to win the Stanley Cup this year, but now that I have seen Anaheim playing so well recently I think Anaheim will actually beat them.

Last edited:
EAST:
(1) Boston vs (8) Montreal
(2) Washington vs (7) NY Rangers
(4) Pittsburgh vs (5) Philadelphia

WEST:
(1) San Jose vs (8) Anaheim
(3) Vancouver vs (6) St. Louis

EAST:

WEST:
(4) Chicago vs (5) Calgary (tough one..)

have you watched Anaheim this year?

I have. I've also watched San Jose, and Detroit, and every playoff team in the West right now. Since the trade deadline, you'd be hard-pressed to find any team in the NHL playing better than them.

They are deeper on defense than San Jose, but weaker on offense. The x-factor is goaltending. Naby is good. Giguere has struggled this season, and Hiller is still unproven with the kind of workload he'll receive in the playoffs.

Anaheim might lose this series. In fact, I fully expect they will. But it won't be in 4 games, and probably not even in 5. This will be a very close series. If San Jose gets out of it relatively healthy, I think they go all the way. I know for a fact a lot of San Jose fans did not want to face Anaheim, but this might just be what San Jose needs to go deep into the playoffs. Either they lose, or they show strength as a team and find a way to win, in which case I think they will be ready for any team they go up against afterwards.

EAST:
(1) Boston vs (8) Montreal - Boston in 6

(2) Washington vs (7) NY Rangers - I do not want to pick Washington with Theodore in net, but Wash in 7

(3) New Jersey vs (6) Carolina - Carolina in 6 (Brodeur has sucked the last two playoffs before this)

(4) Pittsburgh vs (5) Philadelphia - Flyers in 6

WEST:
(1) San Jose vs (8) Anaheim - SJ in 7

(2) Detroit vs (7) Columbus - Detroit (pronounced Dee-Troy-IT) in 3.5

(3) Vancouver vs (6) St. Louis - Nucks in 5

(4) Chicago vs (5) Calgary - Calgary in 6

the NCAA game was insane

gilroy with the ace move to set up that tying goal

i was switching between it and the pens/mtl game, pretty good night

EAST:

WEST:

tomfoolery.

we were playing with like 50% of our team injured. We're 100% now. New team.

Plus, Sid is fucking overrated. Last time we played them how many shots did he have?

Oh yea...none.

Haha what?

103 Pts in 77 games played, and its an 'off year' for him, yea people would dream to have an off year like he has and still get that many fucking points. Third in the league.

See sig below for West prediction. In the East, so hard to say. Not completely sold on Boston or NJ so I'm going with either the 'Canes or Penguins.

Back