[Official] NHL free agency

Pitkanen is the biggest waste of space defensivly in the league. Oilers made a bad trade with us for him

and they did well to get rid of him...carolina needed defensemen because a couple of their guys retired. oilers got vishnovski so they could part with him. erik cole is a good pick up and should fit well with that team

Yep great move by the oilers to shift him. Looks like the new owners are wanting some return from their team this year

Pitkanen injury summary:

15-Mar-08 Missed 1 game (undisclosed).
13-Mar-08 Undisclosed, day-to-day.
19-Feb-08 Missed 1 game (hip injury).
16-Feb-08 Hip injury, day-to-day.
22-Jan-08 Missed 2 games (knee injury).
18-Jan-08 Knee injury, day-to-day.
13-Jan-08 Missed 1 game (flu).
10-Jan-08 Flu, day-to-day.
02-Jan-08 Missed 1 game (back injury).
31-Dec-07 Back injury, day-to-day.
22-Nov-07 Missed 13 games (knee injury).
31-Oct-07 Knee injury, late November.
23-Oct-07 Knee injury, sidelined indefinitely.
20-Jul-07 Re-signed as a restricted free agent by the Edmonton Oilers to a one-year contract.
01-Jul-07 Acquired from the Philadelphia Flyers.
07-Apr-07 Missed 1 game (flu).
05-Apr-07 Flu, day-to-day.
11-Jan-07 Missed 1 game (flu).
09-Jan-07 Flu, day-to-day.
12-Dec-06 Missed 1 game (abdominal strain).
09-Dec-06 Abdominal strain, day-to-day.
02-Dec-06 Missed 2 games (left hip flexor).
29-Nov-06 Left hip flexor, day-to-day.
14-Jul-06 Re-signed as a restricted free agent by the Philadelphia Flyers to a one-year contract.
28-Jan-06 Missed 2 games (groin).
23-Jan-06 Groin, day-to-day.
21-Jan-06 Groin, left Saturday's game.
21-Jan-06 Missed 21 games (torn abdominal muscle).
05-Dec-05 Torn abdominal muscle, mid-January

Have fun with that Carolina!

He never filled out to become a player at his potential. He could of been a great puck moving defenseman, yet he became lazy in his own end of the ice. He only had one offensive move also which never seemed to work. Only reason he had big points with philly is he had peter forsberg passing the puck after him

still...with them paying malone 8 mil this year, plus roberts, plus prospal, plus vinny's new deal

i still dont think they will be very good...horrible D and not good goaltending

It's great for Edmonton to get Cole but he will be a UFA at the end of the season unless they sign him to an extension. I am not a huge fan of single season players but it was great to get rid of Pitkanen. I actually thought he'd be manageable but now know that he's lazy and doesn't really listen to the coaches besides to get on and off the ice. Looking back, I think the trade with Philly to get him was a shitty trade. I would take Lupul over Cole if Lupul could actually stand the pressure of playing here but sadly he couldn't.

I don't know what happened to lupul in canuck land. He is a fantastic player. He would of been one of our best players this year had hatcher not cut him in half with a massive body check.

still...with them paying malone 8 mil this year, plus roberts, plus prospal, plus vinny's new deal

i still dont think they will be very good...horrible D and not good goaltending

They had 11 million of cap space left. 3 million a year for Verbata isn't bad.

I don't know what happened to lupul in canuck land. He is a fantastic player. He would of been one of our best players this year had hatcher not cut him in half with a massive body check.

He couldn't handle the pressure because he was supposed to bring in Pronger's points and he was playing in his hometown. Well, close to hometown. Plus the Oilers in general were shitty that year and he couldn't handle it all but that's expected of such a young player.

big news for the bruins!!!!!!!

they signed blake wheeler

:lol: He's just as bad as that Sweedish guy or whatever because of all the hype. Wheeler made himself out to be the next superstar with all the shit he was saying. He should have been greatful to have had the chance to play in Phoenix this year. They are going to have a pretty good teams I think.

Back