Validuz, I am curious what would have Ron Paul done during the Great Recession 2008? by Ender - Page 4 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Validuz, I am curious what would have Ron Paul done during the Great Recession 2008?
Page 4 of 6
Tantric Rex
VeteranXV
Old
61 - 01-26-2010, 18:36
And here we go. Why the **** are you queers trying to figure this out anyway. 80 percent of you voted for Obama. I thought he was gonna take care of everything and heal the economy?

Whats up with all the Ron Paul threads and Glenn Beck threads. If Obama is doing such a wonderful job what difference does it make what everyone is doing or would have done?

Last edited by Tantric Rex; 01-26-2010 at 18:39..
Sponsored Links
Ianboo
Veteran4
Old
62 - 01-26-2010, 18:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantric Rex View Post
And here we go. Why the **** are you queers trying to figure this out anyway. 80 percent of you voted for Obama. I thought he was gonna take care of everything and heal the economy?

Whats up with all the Ron Paul threads and Glenn Beck threads. If Obama is doing such a wonderful job what difference does it make what everyone is doing or would have done?
Independents did not vote for Obama, they voted against McCain.

(or wrote in Ron Paul which is essentially the same thing)

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
63 - 01-26-2010, 18:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by samUwell View Post
Statist's will typically try to use Somalia as a "perfect" example of the Libertarian wet dream of Anarchy when in fact, its nothing more than modern day Warlordism.

just by Somalia's warlords running the show, that completely throws out the idea of Anarchy. if there is someone/thing in power, there is no Anarchy.
So all we need is a nation where nobody has any kind of power whatsoever? Good luck making that happen.

The funny thing about the article was that is wasn't the "statist" using Somalia as a libertarian example, it was the libertarian.

Tantric Rex
VeteranXV
Old
64 - 01-26-2010, 18:43
adwadaw

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
65 - 01-26-2010, 18:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianboo View Post
Independents did not vote for Obama, they voted against Palin.

(or wrote in Ron Paul which is essentially the same thing)
Fixed..

Ianboo
Veteran4
Old
66 - 01-26-2010, 19:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooBySnaCk View Post
Fixed..
Touché

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
67 - 01-26-2010, 19:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantric Rex View Post
i think obama is doing a great job thus far. Anyone (yourself included) who thought he would "heal the economy" immediately, or magically be able to avoid the roadblocks of the current political system (lobbying, partisan politics, etc) is a ****ing idiot. Estimates for economic recovery were 2-5 years before he even took office. The health care reform bill is a boondoggle, but its not surprising.

We can revisit Obama's performance in 3 years and have a better idea of how hes done.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
68 - 01-26-2010, 19:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
So all we need is a nation where nobody has any kind of power whatsoever?
i never said thats what we need and yes, i realize the article was not written by a Statist but there were some good points in the article about law.

that was the point of the article. how law derives from individuals whether in a power vacuum or not. the entire point was that there is no need for a govt to come together to create and uphold laws.

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
69 - 01-26-2010, 19:24
lol sam
say hi to orbital and togowack for me

i assume you are neighbors since you all live in fairytale land

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
70 - 01-26-2010, 19:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
i think obama is doing a great job thus far. Anyone (yourself included) who thought he would "heal the economy" immediately, or magically be able to avoid the roadblocks of the current political system (lobbying, partisan politics, etc) is a ****ing idiot. Estimates for economic recovery were 2-5 years before he even took office. The health care reform bill is a boondoggle, but its not surprising.

We can revisit Obama's performance in 3 years and have a better idea of how hes done.
Obama hasn't done jack ****. I do not think anyone expected a economic miracle but on this route you do not have to wait 3 years. That is unless you think increase of spending is a good foundation for regaining economic stability. Its already been proved that the "stimulus" has had no impact towards revitalizing anything. (yes we know bush did it first and he was a dork for allowing it also)

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
71 - 01-26-2010, 19:39
Quote:
lol sam
say hi to orbital and togowack for me

i assume you are neighbors since you all live in fairytale land
where did i ever come close to agreeing with the article? or, are you stuck in the new favorite arguments from progressives called... ASSumptions?

i only stated what the article was about; something that you apparently do not want to address because it fly's in the face what we as a society has been grown to believe in; that our laws are derived from the govt.

so, before you go and make more ASSumptoions about myself, i am whats called a Minarchist with a lot of Old Right. i believe in a functioning govt to protect the laws we gave it to protect from foreign and domestic threats.

Ender
ValtreX
Old
72 - 01-26-2010, 20:01
Quote:
as like with all forums, there will always be the uninformed individuals who will posts stuff on topics they read about in an attempt to learn more. i can guarantee that if you were to make a well thought out post on there, you will get the results that will help your argument for the book report... or what ever it was. as well as, the typical... "END THE FED!!" (which, i totally agree with)

even though i am not an Anarcho-Capitalist, i really do believe in a lot of their theoretical socioeconomic ideology; specifically when it comes to the study of value and human action or, inaction and, how the govt can attempt force humans to rethink what they place a value on by manipulating the market.

one of my favorite debates on theoretical economics is the proverbial black eye that Keynesian economics places on the dollar. and as we see our govt continue to get deeper and deeper in Keynesian theory, all we have seen is the value of the dollar getting worse and worse and this is not opinion but fact.

Statist's will typically try to use Somalia as a "perfect" example of the Libertarian wet dream of Anarchy when in fact, its nothing more than modern day Warlordism.

just by Somalia's warlords running the show, that completely throws out the idea of Anarchy. if there is someone/thing in power, there is no Anarchy.
Yeah no, I was actually surprised. Some of the threads had some great discussions going in them. One of them was talking about Krugman's latest blog post about his interpretation of the liquidity trap.

Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
73 - 01-26-2010, 20:03
Quote:
Obama hasn't done jack ****. I do not think anyone expected a economic miracle but on this route you do not have to wait 3 years.
So how long do you think it would take a conservative to end an economic downturn?

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
74 - 01-26-2010, 20:14
Quote:
where did i ever come close to agreeing with the article? or, are you stuck in the new favorite arguments from progressives called... ASSumptions?
i was probably misinterpreting what you said. I thought your post was alluding to you believing that a 'government' or some form of central authority is not needed to create and uphold laws in a large society. if that's not what you were saying then you can ignore my comment. Perhaps you were just implying that a system of laws will exist whether there is a central authority or not, i can't be bothered to dig through the thread to figure that out <3

Quote:
Obama hasn't done jack ****. I do not think anyone expected a economic miracle but on this route you do not have to wait 3 years. That is unless you think increase of spending is a good foundation for regaining economic stability. Its already been proved that the "stimulus" has had no impact towards revitalizing anything. (yes we know bush did it first and he was a dork for allowing it also)
O_o you should read up on the history of the great depression. blaming obama/democrats for the recession is insanely idiotic, although that's what voters are going to do come November, just as they blamed republicans for it (likely costing mccain any chance he had) during the presidential election.

Last edited by Eggi; 01-26-2010 at 20:16..
samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
75 - 01-26-2010, 20:32
Quote:
Perhaps you were just implying that a system of laws will exist whether there is a central authority or not, i can't be bothered to dig through the thread to figure that out
thats exactly what i was referring to so it was also a fail on my part for not properly explaining my position. opps

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
76 - 01-26-2010, 22:42
Quote:
So how long do you think it would take a conservative to end an economic downturn?
. I do not care who is in the White House as long as they are doing something to reduce the debt and stop borrowing from China. This includes trying to push more spending and larger government especially when the bank is empty. I am also for bringing all the troops back, kicking the UN out and sealing the borders. You are not a help to anyone if you can not be a help to yourselves.

P.S. You really can stop sucking obama dick because you are just making yourself look pathetic doing so. He isnt full of ChAnGe like he promised. Go figure!

Swensonator
VeteranX
Old
77 - 01-26-2010, 22:44
Quote:
I notice more often than not a conservative is in office when there's an economic downturn.

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
78 - 01-26-2010, 23:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swensonator View Post
I notice more often than not a conservative is in office when there's an economic downturn.
Considering you are not even 20 your memory has been 1 conservative president.

Swensonator
VeteranX
Old
79 - 01-26-2010, 23:22
Quote:
Considering you are not even 20 your memory has been 1 conservative president.
Considering you're a ****ing idiot, I dont expect you to ask any questions before jumping to conclusions.

edit:
There was a downturn when reagan was in office, bush 1, and 2 separate downturns during bush 2, just an fyi for you scooby.

Last edited by Swensonator; 01-26-2010 at 23:25..
Wowbagger
VeteranX
Old
80 - 01-26-2010, 23:23
Quote:
. I do not care who is in the White House as long as they are doing something to reduce the debt and stop borrowing from China. This includes trying to push more spending and larger government especially when the bank is empty. I am also for bringing all the troops back, kicking the UN out and sealing the borders. You are not a help to anyone if you can not be a help to yourselves.

P.S. You really can stop sucking obama dick because you are just making yourself look pathetic doing so. He isnt full of ChAnGe like he promised. Go figure!
What about raising taxes?

I'm just wondering where you get the idea that "we should not have to wait 3 years", and even more puzzling why you assume we're going to have to need that long.

Page 4 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Validuz, I am curious what would have Ron Paul done during the Great Recession 2008?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ender has herpes , the herp