Starting Questions

Caswell

Veteran XX
Ok, I'm running the trial. Getting into the game, but still haven't come close to figuring out half the stuff.

Right now, I'm running missions. The mission went from super easy (never damaged armor), to dead before I could warp. Not sure if I missed something, but easy mode seems to be over. Lost my Incursus frigate I had bought and my brand new railguns :( However, I took the suggestions on here and I didn't fly something I couldn't afford to lose.

As it stands, I just have some frigate I got in the starter missions. 500k ISK in the wallet. I have some newbie hybrid turrents to use, nothing overly good though. I'm basically back to newbie gear, with money to upgrade.

I was planning on jumping up and joining TW Inc. Where do I go after that? I'm assuming looking for more easy mission is the best way to get more cash. What should I be saving up for? The Mission Guide on here says I should be using a Destroyer for lvl 1 missions...but I don't have the credits or skills for it. Keep grinding missions and skills until I can afford/use one?

What are the best railguns and ammo to use for starting out? I had the 125mm scout ones before I lost them, shooting uranium rounds. Not the most damage, but hitting at 10km was awesome after using hybrid stuff at 1500m. Do I go bigger rail for longer range...or smaller rail for more damage? The 125mm seemed to be a happy medium, and the scout was the best I could afford.

Eve is so much better than WoW...makes me sad to think I didn't try this game first.

Last edited:
125mm carb for the win. Very fast ROF.
Also are you upping your gun skills?
Guns are VERY gun skill dependant.
Also get Hull Upgrades IV quickly for active hardners.
Frigates are only good for level I missions where you are at. So make sure you stick to them for now. Then destroyers wreck level II missions.

Haven't trained any gun skills yet. Been doing the learning skills first, with hull upgrades and cybernetics mixed in. I'll start pumping some into gunnery...

Skills take so damn long...

Hit up the "Tribalwar" channel under Channels and Mailing lists (the Create/Join button at the top), and we can help ya out there. The TW corp is pretty much inactive, we all moved over to FREEE.

The skills only take a long time now because you arent use to the system. Trust me, in 2-3 months it'll make sense.
Right now, any skill under 30 days to train is good for me.
Where you are now is great. Aside from the level 5 ones, you do a skill overnight, BAM you have it done when you wake up. Always nice.

if you guys want to try out eve pvp, just ask and we'll get you going. most of us only go on "ops" during the weekend though. sometimes we go out pretty far and it's a big time investment.

also, it's ok if you suck at it; we'll just kill you and call it even :heart:

Back