Did I just completely screw up?

Brontez

Contributor
I'm a little short on isk and time and tired of mining, so I decided to try buying a 30day GTC and secure sell it.

I turned it around for 190mil isk in under 3 minutes.

Why are the GTC prices flying upwards so fast, and did I sell it too cheap? :shock:

apologies for bumping this old thread, but I have never understood the whole GTC/isk sideshow. Can somebody explain how this works, and where the hell the GTCs come from?

Game Time Cards(GTCs) come from CCP. It is intended to basically be a way for people to play EVE by buying the cards in physical stores, as opposed to using a credit card to pay for the game. Players quickly realized that people would pay ISK for GTCs, so people with deep wallets started buying GTCs and selling them for ISK, which in practice was buying ISK with real money. CCP approves of it because they're making money off of the whole deal, and the person selling the ISK isn't getting any real money out of it.

So, theoretically, it's possible to make enough ISK to play the game 'for free' if you bought GTCs.

Interesting.

So, theoretically, it's possible to make enough ISK to play the game 'for free' if you bought GTCs.

Interesting.

It's not only theoretical, it's cost-effective.

Just ask Mr. Moneybags ViRGe.

GTC's are also traded much like any other commodity in game as far as market forces. GTC's are a good indicator of market inflation as can be seen with the overall reduction in T2 prices, GTC's that used to go for 110-120 million a year+ ago are now going for close to 200 million. I know many a people who made massive amounts of ISK by reselling GTC's also.

Who would you recommend to purchase these GTCs from? I'm thinking of jumping back into Eve and this would be one way to keep me interested - aka not really paying for it in 'real money'.

If you truly dont care, you can get a killer pvp ship in around 40mill, easy. BC with some decent fittings can kill a BS ratter no prob.

That's all you have to shoot for.

Back